Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: #Jets agreed to terms with former Dolphins S Yeremiah Bell, per Pro Football Talk.

[QUOTE=GreenWave;4472107]Wow, I have to admit that I'm surprised that there's been nothing but support for this move so far. I'm sure someone will come in to throw salt on the move eventually, but seems that most believe this was a good choice.

Agree with all - Bell brings AFC East experience and might be able to help the team out on 10-20 snaps a game, if not more. He should have a year left in the tank.[/QUOTE]

A much better deal than Landry.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=patman;4472390]There is no "recovery" timeline. he never had the operation. He hurt the ankle in 2010 and has not yet healed. In 2010 he tried platel plasma treatments and in 2011 he tried stem cell treatment.

his refusal to have surgery twice was the reason I wanted the pats to stay away, I thought he just wanted a team to pay him while he recovered.[/QUOTE]

Mr. T. signed him to a nice contract he gets paid for games he plays. Landry if healthy is a top of the line safety, not sure he will be there in 2012.

Practice Squad
    this team lacks a COVER Safety

wtf are the jets playing at here???????

Think I saw someone say it, but if we're running a lot of "46" then Bell fits perfectly for that. Still doesn't solve our FS issues. Hey, maybe Allen or Bush or Wilson can step it up. Starting to look like Landry won't be able to be counted on much. Bell is getting waaay more guaranteed.

I think the idea is that Wilson is good enough that you can run 4-2-5 with two SS types deep and be okay, especially if someone like Demario Davis proves he competent covering the underneath zone.

The way our defense is shaping up, Cro is going to need to have a consistent year. There's going to be a lot of strain placed on him and Revis.

Veteran
    This is a wait and see. Depth is nice but, most likely, we can expect a year similar to what Steve Atwater had here or Victor Green had in New England. In other words, not much. If Bell helps the Jets win a game against the 'Phins, it will be worth the deal.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :DSolid signing....I was hoping we would get him....34 years old but still playing at a high level.......big boost to the secondary.

[QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money;4472017]#Jets agreed to terms with former Dolphins S Yeremiah Bell, per Pro Football Talk.

Cimini tweet[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    :DBell is a lock to make this team...he was the Dolphins leading tackler last year. He was let go because of being a cap casualty...it was not because of his play on the field.

[QUOTE=MagroCrag;4472021]Not a sexy move at all, but it's a position of need. As much as we like to hope guys like Bush and Allen can be our safeties of the future, the reality is we need vets for this upcoming season.

I wonder how much is guaranteed because it can't be a lock that he makes the roster.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    :D because they arte in outstanding shape that means they are on PED'S??? are you for rel? It's called taking care of your body.......I'm 44 6.0 220 lbs with 10% body fat....a former paratrooper who also ran track in college....at 44 I can run circles around most 25 year olds.....it's called taking care of your body....we only have ONE.

[QUOTE=KingofNY;4472275]They both look like defensive lineman... lol Who wants to bet one or both of them get busted this season for PED's? It coming.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetsfreak;4472563]:D because they are in outstanding shape that means they are on PED'S??? are you for rel? It's called taking care of your body.......I'm 44 6.0 220 lbs with 10% body fat....a former paratrooper who also ran track in college....at 44 I can run circles around most 25 year olds.....it's called taking care of your body....we only have ONE.[/QUOTE]

10% body fat means YOU DONT EAT ENOUGH BBQ!
    When I come down to Fla for the Jets-Jags game, we're gonna fatten you up some with some good BBQ.
    I dont ever wanna hear any more of this 10% body-fat crap from ANYBODY.
    That just aint healthy...:D
    God put pork on this planet for a reason!

[QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4472181]I see your point, but how many S's can you have?

[B]Landry, LaRon SS
    Smith, Eric SS/FS
    Allen, Antonio SS
    Bush, Josh FS
    Bell, Yeremiah SS
    Smith, DeAngelo FS[/B]
    Wilson, Tracy
    Adams, Royce
    Lynn, D'Anton

Bolded will be on the team IMO. That's six.[/QUOTE]

Nope.
    Eric Smith will be playing in the CFL by this summer...

Hall Of Fame
    LOL!!!!!

[QUOTE=Baddniss;4472581]10% body fat means YOU DONT EAT ENOUGH BBQ!
    When I come down to Fla for the Jets-Jags game, we're gonna fatten you up some with some good BBQ.
    I dont ever wanna hear any more of this 10% body-fat crap from ANYBODY.
    That just aint healthy...:D
    God put pork on this planet for a reason![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Baddniss;4472584]Nope.
    Eric Smith will be playing in the CFL by this summer...[/QUOTE]

Stronly disagree

Too many want to jettison Smith, people don't realize how much value he has on the team, not only at S, in a rotational role, but especially on ST's...

I kind of agree this could be a move to provide insurance for Landry, we'll see, but I definitely believe the Jets made a statement and will probably not bring back Leonard. I can see the Jets keeping 5 S's this year too, remember a player like Bush is versatile enough to play outside and even in some CB roles depending on formation, and probably more likely in nickel and dime situations.

A depth chart below is not out of the question. It will be interesting to watch how Tracy Wilson and Deangelo Smith compete in camp. They could put Wilson or Allen on the PS as well if Smith performs well enough, not sure if Smith is eligible for the PS. If Allen shows well in camp, it might be too risky to try to stash him on the PS.

Landry, LaRon SS
    Smith, Eric SS/FS
    Bush, Josh FS
    Bell, Yeremiah SS
    Allen, Antonio SS
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-19-2012 at 09:55 AM.

This is awesome. Another senior citizen to back up. I have no problems with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=tzinc;4472425][B]this team lacks a COVER Safety[/B]

wtf are the jets playing at here???????[/QUOTE]

Here's your answer.....

[URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_josh_bush_flew_under_the.html"]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_josh_bush_flew_under_the.html[/URL]

[QUOTE=Baddniss;4472584]Eric Smith will be playing in the CFL by this summer...[/QUOTE]

If Leonhard gets signed to replace him, I'm all for it.

Good signing at the right price. Now go and sign a RT Tanny.

All Pro
    jets are going to sign leonard when its closer to the season... put him on the PUP list, then IR him

All Pro
    [QUOTE=tzinc;4472425]this team lacks a COVER Safety

wtf are the jets playing at here???????[/QUOTE]

lololol