Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #Jets agreed to terms with former Dolphins S Yeremiah Bell, per Pro Football Talk.

Veteran

#Jets agreed to terms with former Dolphins S Yeremiah Bell, per Pro Football Talk.

#Jets agreed to terms with former Dolphins S Yeremiah Bell, per Pro Football Talk.

Cimini tweet

Veteran
    Filed to ESPN: #Jets sign S Yeremiah Bell, formerly of Dolphins, per league source. Veteran depth in secondary. One year, $1.4M: reports.

Love it. He is going to want to destroy Miami & NE, and he knows the division. Sucks Leonhard is basically gone, but I love this.

Not a sexy move at all, but it's a position of need. As much as we like to hope guys like Bush and Allen can be our safeties of the future, the reality is we need vets for this upcoming season.

I wonder how much is guaranteed because it can't be a lock that he makes the roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like the signing. Will Eric Smith be gone? Jim Leonard? I love the way our defense is shaping up.

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yarr0e[/url]

Very interesting...

I would imagine this could mean Leonard is out?

Bell is a beast, but he is a box safety, he will play behind Landry. Bell could also very well be insurance for Landry. Leonard is still a possibility at FS I suppose, and would battle Bush for the starting role.

I don't think this means the end for Smith, Smith is too valuable on ST's, and will also play some box safety.

In Landry and Bell, the Jets brought in some punch to the unit, these guys are nasty players and big hitters.

The way I see it:

SS: Landry, Bell, Smith

FS: (Leonard), Bush, Smith

Deangelo Smith, and the kids, Allen, Wilson will compete for the 4th and possible 5th spot on the team.

Depth chart at S

Landry
    Bush
    Smith
    (Leonard) if signed
    Bell
    Allen
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As of now isn't Leonhard out? I thought he was a FA.

All League
    Bell may be old but he's been durable and an excellent physical presence.
    If we run a lot of 46 looks he really fits

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4671/yeremiah-bell[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Anything is better than Eric Smith. Welcome to the team, Yeremiah.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=KRL;4472036]Bell may be old but he's been durable and an excellent physical presence.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4671/yeremiah-bell[/URL][/QUOTE]

He should have a few good years left and he is great vet insurance if Landry misses any time.

[QUOTE=KRL;4472036]Bell may be old but he's been durable and an excellent physical presence.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4671/yeremiah-bell[/URL][/QUOTE]

Great point and post.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it's a good signing, especially in light of Landry's injury history.

But Mainejet will not be happy. He thinks Bell is a JAG.

[QUOTE=MagroCrag;4472021]Not a sexy move at all, but it's a position of need. As much as we like to hope guys like Bush and Allen can be our safeties of the future, the reality is we need vets for this upcoming season.

I wonder how much is guaranteed because it can't be a lock that he makes the roster.[/QUOTE]

It is fully guaranteed, he is on the team

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=barkus;4472053]It is [B]fully guaranteed[/B], he is on the team[/QUOTE]
    Not surprising considering that up to 6 teams were interested.

Hall Of Fame
    Nothing to be upset about here. Reasonable contract. He is a productive player.

I hope Leonhard is still in the fold. Need a guy with experience in the system.

How do we think the DB section of the roster is gonna look with this signing?

Definites: Revis, Wilson, Cro, Bell and Landry (Bell is guaranteed so he is on the 53).

Josh Bush, Antonio Allen are young enough that we should want them around, even if its on the practice squad.

Smith helps out a ton on special teams.

Leonhard would be the only experienced "coverage" safety on the team.

And all that is without strickland or coleman as a 4th CB.

How do these numbers work out?

Really seems odd to bring in landry and bell as they are both "in the box players" who struggle in coverage, much like smith???

If Leonard can't find work anyplace else, would be curious to see if the Jets bring him on as an Safety coach, ala what they explored doing with T-Rich.

Who knows what Ryan expects from his safeties better then Leondard and with four new safeties on the team there will be a learning curve for sure.

I like the move. Brings depth and veteran presence to an area where we need it.

Anyone or Anything > Eric Smith.

Wow, I have to admit that I'm surprised that there's been nothing but support for this move so far. I'm sure someone will come in to throw salt on the move eventually, but seems that most believe this was a good choice.

Agree with all - Bell brings AFC East experience and might be able to help the team out on 10-20 snaps a game, if not more. He should have a year left in the tank.