Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Jets-Bring Back the 80s Throwback Uniforms This Season

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4472650]First one blown. Second one, was over at half time. But that is besides the point.

I might be in the minority, but I LOVE the Titans uniforms.

And I love the Green Bay throwbacks as well. Reason I mention that is b.c people consider those two to be the ugliest. But I like them booth.

I also like the throwback Tampa Bay.

Screw the majority.[/QUOTE]

What about the Denver throwbacks?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love the throwbacks

Loved the Titan uniforms

Would love to see the 80's throwbacks.

The question is, does the team bring back the green with white trim, or the green with black trim?

IMO, the green and white.

I think with today's equipment, the helmets, facemasks, the new nike uniforms, those 80's green and white uniforms would look awesome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep the Titans ... SO MUCH BETTER than the 80s loser unis.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4472670]I was born in 1984. The first Jets coach I knew was Rich Kotite. I should have seen the writing on the wall back then.[/QUOTE]

So what if Kotite was 4-28 in two years, the players never"left anything on the field".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanmack;4472199]I'm sure people from the Jets front office read this board, so hopefully someone will read this and see how much support it would likely have among the fans. The Titans uniforms are awful and have nothing to do with our history as the Jets. The 80s throwback unis are now classic, and we've had enough success over the last 15 years or so that seeing these uniforms again on the field wouldn't bring back bad memories of some of those terrible late 80s and early 90s teams.

It'd be awesome to wear them twice this season, one home and one away. Maybe the home game against the Dolphins and the away game against the Pats or something like that. Plus, I'm sure the Jets are certainly interested in making money, and I bet they would sell a ton of throwback jerseys, hats, t-shirts, ect.

Make it happen Jets.[/QUOTE]
    Sign me up, been saying it for years

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472600]It's a horrible idea for anyone over the age of 40 who a) make up the majority of PSL ownership and b) have nothing but bad memories of losing seasons and nightmares of Marino and Kelly.

Burn those uniforms.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    What about the '81, '82, '85, '86 and '91 teams that made the playoffs?

Don't try to speak for anyone but your miserable, whiny self

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4472650]First one blown. Second one, was over at half time. But that is besides the point.

I might be in the minority, but I LOVE the Titans uniforms.

And I love the Green Bay throwbacks as well. Reason I mention that is b.c people consider those two to be the ugliest. But I like them booth.

I also like the throwback Tampa Bay.

Screw the majority.[/QUOTE]
    We almost came back and won in Pitt, if not for Schotty rearing his ugly head at 24 -17, 1st and goal, all the momentum was ours. We would have won if we tied it up. It was not over at halftime

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... as long as we keep the normal uniform as is i'm happy ...

... the titans throwbacks are God awful ... but still fun for a change for one or two games ... switching that up to some of the other various levels of ugly years would be fun as well :cool: ...

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472660][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xgkiN742BhY/TYTdZxDE5JI/AAAAAAAADs8/06ZOEe_7Klo/s1600/310448.jpg[/IMG]

Thing is, since 1997 the Jets have been a very decent team, shot at the playoffs for 15 consecutive seasons.

So if a fan just discovered the Jets and was, say, 12 in 1997 he's 27 years old today and he only knows the Jets in our '68 uniforms and he only knows the Jets to be a very decent and competitive team.

So like I said, any Jets fan over the age of 40 knows that there is no "romantic throwback charm" in those horrible uniforms because they remind us of a time that we were the laughing-stocks of the NFL. You can say the same thing about the time that we were the Titans, but those fans are all dead so there's no connection to how they actually played from 1960-1963.

And, as an aside, oh how I wish I was born in 1985. By the time I'd be conscious of the NFL and start rooting for the Jets, Bill Parcells would be my first head coach and I'd average 9.5 wins per season every year through 2009 when my starting QB wasn't out for the year.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Blah, blah, blah, you don't speak for anyone but you're miserable self, so stop with the "anyone over 40" rhetoric. You don't know sh*t.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4472671]What about the Denver throwbacks?[/QUOTE]

Just need to change the socks.

[IMG]http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://bloguin.com/thisgivensunday/images/stories/Broncos_Throwback.jpg&sa=X&ei=SbO3T_CyD6W36QGEpIH_Cg&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEGCnDxExIF3fRsFWhjERwMPDaOww[/IMG]
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-19-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4472670]I was born in 1984. The first Jets coach I knew was Rich Kotite. I should have seen the writing on the wall back then.[/QUOTE]

Kotite was my first coach as well.

People wonder why I am a pessimist.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472600]It's a horrible idea for anyone over the age of 40 who a) make up the majority of PSL ownership and b) have nothing but bad memories of losing seasons and nightmares of Marino and Kelly.

Burn those uniforms.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1 Hearing the names Marino and Kelly in the same sentence makes me throw up in my mouth. I don't ever want to see those uniforms again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETranger 206B;4472712]+1 Hearing the names Marino and Kelly in the same sentence makes me throw up in my mouth. I don't ever want to see those uniforms again.[/QUOTE]
    The NFL forces teams to wear throwbacks at some point in every season and I'd much rather see the green helmets back once in a while instead of those stupid Titan uniforms. We had a lot of great players that wore those uniforms and the problem during the bad years was not the uniforms, it was the bad decisions of Hess, Gutman, etc...Although, eventually we all wanted a change, I, for one, liked those uni's and would enjoy seeing them on the field, again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETranger 206B;4472712]+1 Hearing the names Marino and Kelly in the same sentence makes me throw up in my mouth. I don't ever want to see those uniforms again.[/QUOTE]

+100000 Bajillion ... the spike play !! Keep the titans Unis.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have only one good uniform, that's the one they currently wear, not an easy logo to work with but great colors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanmack;4472199]I'm sure people from the Jets front office read this board, so hopefully someone will read this and see how much support it would likely have among the fans. The Titans uniforms are awful and have nothing to do with our history as the Jets. The 80s throwback unis are now classic, and we've had enough success over the last 15 years or so that seeing these uniforms again on the field wouldn't bring back bad memories of some of those terrible late 80s and early 90s teams.

It'd be awesome to wear them twice this season, one home and one away. Maybe the home game against the Dolphins and the away game against the Pats or something like that. Plus, I'm sure the Jets are certainly interested in making money, and I bet they would sell a ton of throwback jerseys, hats, t-shirts, ect.

Make it happen Jets.[/QUOTE]

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 would love this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=;][/QUOTE]
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/aline-wedding-dresses-c-16.html ">cheapest Wedding Dresses</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">Beach Wedding Dresses</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">Beach Wedding Gowns</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">Beach Dresses</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">short Beach Wedding Dresses</a></strong><br>
    .If you need to do this you could start your Trip to venice immediately just as soon as you profit home you can get a phone coverage for your friends and family.If you can be hoping to make a private ceremony this really is a great way to do this.Additionally, should you be hoping for making some mad wedding stories, there is very little better location to go when compared to to Sin city.<br />
    <br />
    Naturally, you have to be respectful in order to family if this is actually option you will definitely take.A NEW reception, either prior to when or following wedding, should truly be scheduled.You may choose to consider allowing for some close acquaintances to come along on ones trip.Mail out your office reception invites before you'll leave as well as let absolutely everyone in upon your decision

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=enuchenaurona;4472767]<strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/aline-wedding-dresses-c-16.html ">cheapest Wedding Dresses</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">Beach Wedding Dresses</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">Beach Wedding Gowns</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">Beach Dresses</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.bridalprefer.com/beach-wedding-dresses-c-20.html ">short Beach Wedding Dresses</a></strong><br>
    .If you need to do this you could start your Trip to venice immediately just as soon as you profit home you can get a phone coverage for your friends and family.If you can be hoping to make a private ceremony this really is a great way to do this.Additionally, should you be hoping for making some mad wedding stories, there is very little better location to go when compared to to Sin city.<br />
    <br />
    Naturally, you have to be respectful in order to family if this is actually option you will definitely take.A NEW reception, either prior to when or following wedding, should truly be scheduled.You may choose to consider allowing for some close acquaintances to come along on ones trip.Mail out your office reception invites before you'll leave as well as let absolutely everyone in upon your decision[/QUOTE]
    Huh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4472702]Kotite was my first coach as well.[/QUOTE]

Mine too :(

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472645]after 30 years of green it was nice to have some blue in the wardrobe.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Really?? Green defines the Jets. Blue defines the Giants, Patriots, Bills (aka our enemies) and countless other teams.