Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dear Jets-Bring Back the 80s Throwback Uniforms This Season

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    I agree that some accents on the flying Jets script would be good. Silver and/or black, I agree (the '90s had black accents, but just trim and facemasks). Our current unis are slightly updated from the '60s unis anyway (darker green, green facemasks instead of gray, round symbol instead of football-shaped). I also agree that the shadow under the numbers were absolutely horrid (the '90s 49ers and Dolphins for example... ugh!) so I wouldn't want that. Looks like nobody does because we haven't seen them in years. Not crazy about the swooping swoosh things that some teams have either. Adjustment of stripes and some trim would work, IMO.

And I agree that the Titans clothing for fans is nice, but for the team it's awful. I don't know how many times I was watching the Jets and someone asked me, "Aren't the Jets on? Why aren't you watching them?"

Some teams have multiple unis. How many are allowed by the league per team?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]If you turn out right and the Jets tank and Rex is canned I'll be the first to give you credit[/QUOTE]

This was going to happen but Rex and Tanny were smart enough to bring in Tebow who will save their jobs. Once Sanchez struggles and a 7-9 season is staring us in the face, Rex will make the move to tebow who will save our season and save Rex and Tanny from getting fired.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4473777]No way. There's nothing wrong with the simplicity of an understated design. Incorporating silver and black is the equivalent of '90s drop-shadowing jersey numbers -- it looks trendy and dated even when it's popular.

You know who has the best alternates in the NFL (and it pains me to say this)? The Patriots. White helmets, red shirts, white pants, and the angry looking player in the 3-point stance on the helmet. Classic, simple, perfect. Their regular unis, with all the design elements you prefer, are terrible.[/QUOTE]

Lol their alternates are horrible. They are almost as bad as our Kelly green uniforms. People have zero fashion sense

I disagree, we have a much easier shedule this year, 10 wins or more was happening with or without Tebow

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4474518]This was going to happen but Rex and Tanny were smart enough to bring in Tebow who will save their jobs. Once Sanchez struggles and a 7-9 season is staring us in the face, Rex will make the move to tebow who will save our season and save Rex and Tanny from getting fired.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, we have a much easier shedule this year, 10 wins or more was happening with or without Tebow

[QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4474643]I disagree, we have a much easier shedule this year, 10 wins or more was happening with or without Tebow[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif[/IMG]

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4474671][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Yea, we'll see, sar, we all know what you're rooting for, you fake fan

[QUOTE=SAR I;4472660][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xgkiN742BhY/TYTdZxDE5JI/AAAAAAAADs8/06ZOEe_7Klo/s1600/310448.jpg[/IMG]

Thing is, since 1997 the Jets have been a very decent team, shot at the playoffs for 15 consecutive seasons.

So if a fan just discovered the Jets and was, say, 12 in 1997 he's 27 years old today and he only knows the Jets in our '68 uniforms and he only knows the Jets to be a very decent and competitive team.

[B]So like I said, any Jets fan over the age of 40 knows that there is no "romantic throwback charm" in those horrible uniforms because they remind us of a time that we were the laughing-stocks of the NFL[/B]. You can say the same thing about the time that we were the Titans, but those fans are all dead so there's no connection to how they actually played from 1960-1963.

And, as an aside, oh how I wish I was born in 1985. By the time I'd be conscious of the NFL and start rooting for the Jets, Bill Parcells would be my first head coach and I'd average 9.5 wins per season every year through 2009 when my starting QB wasn't out for the year.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Hey. I still have my Stan Blinka jersey and my Scott Dierking chin strap that I got when we rushed the field after the 81 finale vs the Pack

[QUOTE=ctjetfan;4474685]Hey. I still have my Stan Blinka jersey and my Scott Dierking chin strap that I got when we rushed the field after the 81 finale vs the Pack[/QUOTE]

Yea, tell him! He needs to speak for only his whiny self!