Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Jets-Bring Back the 80s Throwback Uniforms This Season

Dear Jets-Bring Back the 80s Throwback Uniforms This Season

I'm sure people from the Jets front office read this board, so hopefully someone will read this and see how much support it would likely have among the fans. The Titans uniforms are awful and have nothing to do with our history as the Jets. The 80s throwback unis are now classic, and we've had enough success over the last 15 years or so that seeing these uniforms again on the field wouldn't bring back bad memories of some of those terrible late 80s and early 90s teams.

It'd be awesome to wear them twice this season, one home and one away. Maybe the home game against the Dolphins and the away game against the Pats or something like that. Plus, I'm sure the Jets are certainly interested in making money, and I bet they would sell a ton of throwback jerseys, hats, t-shirts, ect.

Make it happen Jets.

All League
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

They'd sure be better than the Titan uniforms!!

All Pro
    Became a Jets fan with those unis in '82, I would love it.

[QUOTE=jetsfanmack;4472199]I'm sure people from the Jets front office read this board, so hopefully someone will read this and see how much support it would likely have among the fans. The Titans uniforms are awful and have nothing to do with our history as the Jets. The 80s throwback unis are now classic, and we've had enough success over the last 15 years or so that seeing these uniforms again on the field wouldn't bring back bad memories of some of those terrible late 80s and early 90s teams.

It'd be awesome to wear them twice this season, one home and one away. Maybe the home game against the Dolphins and the away game against the Pats or something like that. Plus, I'm sure the Jets are certainly interested in making money, and I bet they would sell a ton of throwback jerseys, hats, t-shirts, ect.

Make it happen Jets.[/QUOTE]

We covered this last year already. People complained to the jets. I thought we were using 80s jerseys now as our throwback.

Jets Insider VIP
    better than ugly Titans stuff, yes

but still among the ugliest of ALL NFL uniforms since 1960

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

It's a horrible idea for anyone over the age of 40 who a) make up the majority of PSL ownership and b) have nothing but bad memories of losing seasons and nightmares of Marino and Kelly.

Burn those uniforms.

SAR I

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472600]It's a horrible idea for anyone over the age of 40 who a) make up the majority of PSL ownership and b) have nothing but bad memories of losing seasons and nightmares of Marino and Kelly.

Burn those uniforms.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1

Too many bad memories to list

I find the entire concept of teams wearing "throwback" unis to be ridiculous. It's obviously fueled by a revenue generating agenda. I was amazed at how many lemmings went out and bought the blue and gold throwbacks.

I'd prefer the team to stick to its current uniforms for all 16 games. No matter what they do, I won't be purchasing any throwback, no matter which Jets era it comes from.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :Dmy favorite uniforms are the current ones but I also sure would not mind seeing the ones from the 80's at least twice a year......the Titans Uniforms are awful.....I went to high school in the mid 80's and i recall some classic games like the 6 touchdown performance by Ken O'Brien vs marino when Wes Walker went nuts.

[QUOTE=jetsfanmack;4472199]I'm sure people from the Jets front office read this board, so hopefully someone will read this and see how much support it would likely have among the fans. The Titans uniforms are awful and have nothing to do with our history as the Jets. The 80s throwback unis are now classic, and we've had enough success over the last 15 years or so that seeing these uniforms again on the field wouldn't bring back bad memories of some of those terrible late 80s and early 90s teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :DThe uniforms that they now wear is from the 60's

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4472280]We covered this last year already. People complained to the jets. I thought we were using 80s jerseys now as our throwback.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    titans unis > late 70s/80s loser wear

always purple always mustard!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Dcat;4472630]I find the entire concept of teams wearing "throwback" unis to be ridiculous. It's obviously fueled by a revenue generating agenda. I was amazed at how many lemmings went out and bought the blue and gold throwbacks.

I'd prefer the team to stick to its current uniforms for all 16 games. No matter what they do, I won't be purchasing any throwback, no matter which Jets era it comes from.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

I'm a bit of a Jets clothing fashionista and after 30 years of green it was nice to have some blue in the wardrobe. And only those-in-the-know understand who the Titans are, so it's like some cool club I'm in, only diehard NFL'ers getting the gist.

Point being, I don't like the Titans gear on the Jets but I do like the Titans gear on me. Nothing wrong with some throwback duds for the fans, just keep it off the players.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=jetsfreak;4472631]my favorite uniforms are the current ones but I also sure would not mind seeing the ones from the 80's at least twice a year......the Titans Uniforms are awful.....I went to high school in the mid 80's and i recall some classic games like the 6 touchdown performance by Ken O'Brien vs marino when Wes Walker went nuts.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on naming just 1 of 4 positive memories from those 80's/90's uniforms.

The problem is the 6,965 bad memories. It's tough enough blowing back to back AFC Championship Games and watching Rex Ryan lose the team; having us run around in those uni's as we open the year 2-5 would be a needlessly cruel joke.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4472640]titans unis > late 70s/80s loser wear

always purple always mustard![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://66.147.244.160/~turnont2/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/gal_jets-raiders_9.jpg[/IMG]

The white ones weren't half bad; the blue ones were flat-out ugly.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4472647]Congrats on naming just 1 of 4 positive memories from those 80's/90's uniforms.

The problem is the 6,965 bad memories. It's tough enough [B]blowing[/B] back to back AFC Championship Games and watching Rex Ryan lose the team; having us run around in those uni's as we open the year 2-5 would be a needlessly cruel joke.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

First one blown. Second one, was over at half time. But that is besides the point.

I might be in the minority, but I LOVE the Titans uniforms.

And I love the Green Bay throwbacks as well. Reason I mention that is b.c people consider those two to be the ugliest. But I like them booth.

I also like the throwback Tampa Bay.

Screw the majority.

All Pro

Oh! Hellzz nooos :eek:. no way I wanna to see those ugly things again.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=TechJet;4472656]Oh! Hellzz nooos . no way I wanna to see those ugly things again.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xgkiN742BhY/TYTdZxDE5JI/AAAAAAAADs8/06ZOEe_7Klo/s1600/310448.jpg[/IMG]

Thing is, since 1997 the Jets have been a very decent team, shot at the playoffs for 15 consecutive seasons.

So if a fan just discovered the Jets and was, say, 12 in 1997 he's 27 years old today and he only knows the Jets in our '68 uniforms and he only knows the Jets to be a very decent and competitive team.

So like I said, any Jets fan over the age of 40 knows that there is no "romantic throwback charm" in those horrible uniforms because they remind us of a time that we were the laughing-stocks of the NFL. You can say the same thing about the time that we were the Titans, but those fans are all dead so there's no connection to how they actually played from 1960-1963.

And, as an aside, oh how I wish I was born in 1985. By the time I'd be conscious of the NFL and start rooting for the Jets, Bill Parcells would be my first head coach and I'd average 9.5 wins per season every year through 2009 when my starting QB wasn't out for the year.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-19-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Remember the Titans?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4472660][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xgkiN742BhY/TYTdZxDE5JI/AAAAAAAADs8/06ZOEe_7Klo/s1600/310448.jpg[/IMG]

Thing is, since 1997 the Jets have been a very decent team, shot at the playoffs for 15 consecutive seasons.

So if a fan just discovered the Jets and was, say, 12 in 1997 he's 27 years old today and he only knows the Jets in our '68 uniforms and he only knows the Jets to be a very decent and competitive team.

So like I said, any Jets fan over the age of 40 knows that there is no "romantic throwback charm" in those horrible uniforms because they remind us of a time that we were the laughing-stocks of the NFL. You can say the same thing about the time that we were the Titans, but those fans are all dead so there's no connection to how they actually played from 1960-1963.

And, as an aside, oh how I wish I was born in 1985. By the time I'd be conscious of the NFL and start rooting for the Jets, Bill Parcells would be my first head coach and I'd average 9.5 wins per season every year through 2009 when my starting QB wasn't out for the year.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I was born in 1984. The first Jets coach I knew was Rich Kotite. I should have seen the writing on the wall back then.