Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Addressing Safety vs. Not Addressing RT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4474390]Only one spinning is you Ray. Sparano record was a 4-9 mark before he was fired. (how does he get credit for games he wasn't there for) Al;so The Dolphins poor start was more the defense not playing that well ,than the offense Ray.

The Dolphins had a top ten receiver in Brandon Marshall Ray,- you would say that guy was pretty good piece for a qb to have. Not to mention having a nice receiver coming out of backfield in Reggie Bush.

JMO The Dolphins Oline was huge those guys were more suited to run blocking than pass protecting. The problem with having an oline like that is your going to struggle when a team can take away that running game. ( have to pass)
    It like the Jets they want to rely heavy on the running game.(same blue print) The Wayne Hunter and Ducasse shouldn't be as much a problem as long as that running game is effective. That running game is going good that should open up the passing game(deep balls) .
    The Jets get in known passing downs and there are legitimate questions if that Oline going to be able to hold up in pass protection.

Btw any new coach that is brought in the players are always buying into the program. (like what they are doing) Lets see a team have some adversity and lets see if they are still buying in.[/QUOTE]

He gets credit because his teams always played hard for him. The Dolphins under Sparano were a tough-nosed and very physical team. You google player quotes during his reign and they all sing his praises.

I'm saying the issues last year, and during his 3 years in Miami were personnel related, that isn't his fault, that fault goes to the Einsteins that built the team.

Parcells missed a lot when building that Miami team in the last 3 years, and the same brain-dead GM is still there making moves that don't make sense.

Marshall is one player, he isn't Superman, and he had crap throwing him the ball. Henne couldn't put it together and then got hurt last year. Hell, the Raiders have 53 All pro's on the roster, and HOF coaches at every position on the staff, according to YOU, so what is the Raiders excuse? :rolleyes:

The Jets have better talent on the OL overall than the Dolphins do, they also have OL'n that are much better in pass protection.

Sparano is a coach that has a lot qualities that will be great additions to this Jets team because they fit the mindset of the front office and the head coach. This isn't SPIN, this is FACT.

Sure there are question marks, all coaches have them, but I evaluate a coach based on how players buy into what the coach is selling them, and the Dolphin players all bought in, much like the players did under Rex, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The Jets had a situation last year where the players on offense had a catch 22, they had a head coach they loved the play for, but an offensive coordinator that did not run a smooth operation, and he lost his players. This was the #1 issue with the Jets last year, and by all accounts, Sparano is the perfect replacement to fix last year's issues.

Now how good is Sparano? I think there are some questions that need to be answered, but from a player standpoint, we have players like Pennington, one of the smarter QB's in the league at one time that was completely committed to Sparano, and even Brandon Marshall, as messed up as Marshall is, he always spoke very highly of Sparano, and we all know Marshall is not a player that gets along with just anybody or any coach.

And BTW, the Dolphins experienced a TON of adversity, the majority of the player quotes you'll read about Sparano was because of that adversity.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-22-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4474399]Okay, as a Jets fan who has watched every Jets game for decades, how were you "cursing" the Jets o-line in 2009 when we led the league in rushing with Thomas Jones as our feature back?[/QUOTE]

LMAO, mind boggling isn't it?

But hey, according to Jordy, jetrider is giving the board spankings!!! :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473858]You don't have to be "some kind of expert" to know Ducasse was drafted to be a OG

[B]ITEM I - He was UNIVERSALLY considered to be better suited to be an NFL OG by every draft scouting service, draftnik, and mock draft sites.[/B]

ITEM 2 - The year he was drafted, the Jets had a big need for an OG, and little or no need to draft an OT high in that draft with Woody, Furgeson, and Hunter already on board

ITEM 3 - After he was drafted he was immediately moved to LG. He was given the opportunity compete for the starting job. He lost out to Slauson. But remained his back up.

[B]There is NOTHING in the above 3 items that you can dispute...NOTHING. And yet you STILL can claim that its "speculation" to think he was drafted to be a Guard.[/B]

I have to hand it to you. You are the only man alive who could make that leap of faith. You are truly a "one of a kind" fan.
    :
    Ray, where in my post did I say he was a bad player. I said he was good enough to start, but a guy you'd always like to upgrade. I thought Dan Connolly did a yeoman's job at C for the Pats. But many Pats fans wanted to upgrade with Konz this draft. Just because you don't suck, doesn't mean you want to upgrade the position.
    I'm real sorry about your short attention span. And I have sympathy for your inability to comprehend detail oriented posts. BUT I can't find any empathy for a mental deficient who thinks that anything that you aren't smart enough to comprehend is arrogance, or anything that doesn't mesh with YOUR view is stupidity.

Grow up Ray. We are all just football fans who really have very little to talk about for a few months, so we spend this time talking on all manner of topics simple to pass the time.

Things may change and they often do. But its not up to you to determine what topics can be talked about and when. RIGHT NOW, the Jets OL is in the topic subject...even if YOU don't like the way the conversation is going.[/QUOTE]

Pure and utter rewrite of history.

There was no consensus that he would wind up as a guard. It was an option, it wasn't etched in stone that he would play guard and not tackle in the NFL. Especially after the Sr Bowl.

He was universally called a 2-3 year project by everyone, with a huge upside. No one was sure whether he would be a G or T. That they gave him an opportunity to compete for the Faneca spot on the line means squat. That would have been one huge bonus if he could have taken over that G pos. Nothing more.

You're just making sh1t up to beef up your argument.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4474092]Yeah, it isn't like the Steelers didn't have the best defense in the league that year, I guess you forgot that. Questioning the Jets OL in that game is stupid. It' Ike Taylor is a ****ing CB, and ran in on a blitz, yeah, Ferguson should have been cut after that game.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, you aren't really proving anything, other than my original point, that most fans that ***** about the Jets OL don't have a ****ing clue.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you would remember what you said:

[I]"Really, the fan panic about the Ol is ridiculous, this is the same unit that performed and blocked for the team during their AFCCG run in 2010..."[/I]

So did they perform and block or did they not because the Steeler defense was so good? Can't have it both ways.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4474468]Maybe if you would remember what you said:

[I]"Really, the fan panic about the Ol is ridiculous, this is the same unit that performed and blocked for the team during their AFCCG run in 2010..."[/I]

So did they perform and block or did they not because the Steeler defense was so good? Can't have it both ways.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what I said, it's not a matter of having it both ways. A team that was #3 in rushing the ball that very season, and a pretty good offense overall, is hardly anything to be ashamed of as a fan. Crying about it, is another matter all together.

The Steelers were the best D in the league, using that game, at that level, and condemning the OL is a bit ridiculous, no matter how you spin it.

When the match ups get that far into the post-season, both teams are going to make plays.

The example of the CB blitz and condemning Ferguson for it, is also pretty ****ing dumb. Besides, the guy has been crying about the OL since 2009, the Jets have only been the #1 and #3 rushing team in the league over that time... :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Also you don't use one game to judge the line play for that season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474463][QUOTE]Pure and utter rewrite of history.

There was no consensus that he would wind up as a guard. It was an option, it wasn't etched in stone that he would play guard and not tackle in the NFL. Especially after the Sr Bowl.[/QUOTE]
    Prove your initial statement. Are you telling me most of the scouting services DIDN'T say Ducasse's best position in the pros was likely to be OG. DID the Jets not play him at RG his first year? DID he NOT compete for the RG in 2010 and fail to win it? Did he NOT look bad when playing RT in 2011. So where is the rewrite of history

Hey Nutsy, there is a simply way to disprove the first part of my post. Go find 2 or 3 scouting reports from that off season that states that Ducasse best position in the NFL was OT and not G. If you can you have made your point. If you can't you owe me an apology.

[QUOTE]He was universally called a 2-3 year project by everyone, with a huge upside. No one was sure whether he would be a G or T. That they gave him an opportunity to compete for the Faneca spot on the line means squat. That would have been one huge bonus if he could have taken over that G pos. Nothing more.

You're just making sh1t up to beef up your argument.[/QUOTE] First of all NO ONE in the NFL makes a 2nd round pick with the idea that they are a 3 year project. 2nd round picks are supposed to at least contribute their first year and start their 2nd. Ducasse has done neither. Not even close.

The only thing made up here is your defense of the indefensible

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474712]Also you don't use one game to judge the line play for that season.[/QUOTE]

But it's ok to use that one game to judge the OL two years later?

If you can't follow the conversation and basic steps of logic, then STFU.

Your hard-blowing act as a know-it-all here isn't fooling anybody.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4474485]I know exactly what I said, it's not a matter of having it both ways. A team that was #3 in rushing the ball that very season, and a pretty good offense overall, is hardly anything to be ashamed of as a fan. Crying about it, is another matter all together.

The Steelers were the best D in the league, using that game, at that level, and condemning the OL is a bit ridiculous, no matter how you spin it.

When the match ups get that far into the post-season, both teams are going to make plays.

The example of the CB blitz and condemning Ferguson for it, is also pretty ****ing dumb. Besides, the guy has been crying about the OL since 2009, the Jets have only been the #1 and #3 rushing team in the league over that time... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You keep using rushing stats to defend the OL's pass protection, which is what the AFCC argument is all about.

Talk about clueless.

And you're the one who chose that one game as an example.

But the BIGGEST play that decided the game, when the OL failed, is overlooked in your foolish tirade.

Do you honestly think anyone is buying your spin that the OL is adequate?

Sure, our OL is great if you sweep every mistake they make under the rug.

You must go through a lot of brooms. :yes:

And what's your point about the CB blitz? This top-ranking OL never seen a CB blitz before?

Are you fantasizing that Taylor appeared from the secondary by surprise?

Both CBs Taylor and William Gay lined up in front of Brick, who was daydreaming about Oahu and the Halekulani.

Are you gonna argue now that it's always the QB's job to inform highly-paid pro linemen what their assignments are and read defenses for them?

Do linemen not have eyeballs? Do they not learn from experience?

Brick took the play off, the OL tanked.

Ray Ray got spanked. End of story.
    Last edited by jetrider; 05-23-2012 at 11:07 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4474778]
    Prove your initial statement. Are you telling me most of the scouting services DIDN'T say Ducasse's best position in the pros was likely to be OG. DID the Jets not play him at RG his first year? DID he NOT compete for the RG in 2010 and fail to win it? Did he NOT look bad when playing RT in 2011. So where is the rewrite of history

First of all NO ONE in the NFL makes a 2nd round pick with the idea that they are a 3 year project. 2nd round picks are supposed to at least contribute their first year and start their 2nd. Ducasse has done neither. Not even close.

[/QUOTE]
    I actually agree with you Ken in that a 2nd round pick should not be a guy that needs 3 years to develop. On the other hand, 2010 was a relatively weak draft after the 1st round. It was not a deep draft. So I think the Jets decided to roll the dice on Ducasse. They didn't have a 3rd rounder. Ducasse probably would not have been on the board even if they did. He certainly would have been gone by their 4th rounder. Had he been in the 2012 draft class, I highly doubt he would have been a 2nd round pick.

As for his position, I think OG was the consensus.