Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: Stephen Hill in full gear

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Wrong scale. But I like the idea.
    Lol, what a nit. That's a good photoshop. What he got wrong was forgetting the Pats DB lying on the ground next to him.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-21-2012 at 05:38 AM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by dinediskath View Post
    <strong><a href="http://www.choosewatchesonline.com/a-lange-sohne-watches-c-567.html ">A. Lange & Sohne watches</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.choosewatchesonline.com/a-lange-sohne-watches-c-567.html ">Replica A. Lange & Sohne watches</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.choosewatchesonline.com/a-lange-sohne-watches-c-567.html ">fake A. Lange & Sohne watches</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.choosewatchesonline.com/a-lange-sohne-watches-c-567.html ">copy A. Lange & Sohne watches</a></strong><br>
    <strong><a href="http://www.choosewatchesonline.com/a-lange-sohne-watches-c-567.html ">cheap A. Lange & Sohne watches</a></strong><br>
    Bye, bye spammer!

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Wrong scale. But I like the idea.
    Curious, do you think Hill looks too big or too small?

    I literally took about a few minutes to throw this together which is why I mentioned that it was a quick job.

    But I had other players in the photo to use for scale and I could have made Hill any size I wanted. So I'm curious about your answer.

  4. #44
    Biggest thing Hill needs to do as a rookie is learn to run crisp routes. You can have all the speed in the world, but in the NFL if you can't run precise routes (or get off the line of scrimmage), you will not make an impact and defintely not draw coverage away from WR1, Santonio in the Jets' case.

    But I believe in Hill. First of all because of the freakish physical tools, but I also love option WRs. First off, you know they aren't selfish players. They signed on to play college ball at a place where they know they aren't getting many passes thrown to them. They also take pride in their blocking. He just seems like a WR the Jets needed to get. Opposite of the divas like Holmes, Plax, Braylon. I am excited to see what he can do when camp opens.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Biggest thing Hill needs to do as a rookie is learn to run crisp routes. You can have all the speed in the world, but in the NFL if you can't run precise routes (or get off the line of scrimmage), you will not make an impact and defintely not draw coverage away from WR1, Santonio in the Jets' case.

    But I believe in Hill. First of all because of the freakish physical tools, but I also love option WRs. First off, you know they aren't selfish players. They signed on to play college ball at a place where they know they aren't getting many passes thrown to them. They also take pride in their blocking. He just seems like a WR the Jets needed to get. Opposite of the divas like Holmes, Plax, Braylon. I am excited to see what he can do when camp opens.
    Almost every fan in the NFL is "over-hyped" by their draft picks. Not to be pessimistic, but let's chill and wait for results.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports View Post
    Almost every fan in the NFL is "over-hyped" by their draft picks. Not to be pessimistic, but let's chill and wait for results.
    that's what I said -- let's wait till camp to see what he can do. but on potential and the type of player he is just intrigues me. He doesn't seem like a whiny punk so that's a good start

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Biggest thing Hill needs to do as a rookie is learn to run crisp routes. You can have all the speed in the world, but in the NFL if you can't run precise routes (or get off the line of scrimmage), you will not make an impact and defintely not draw coverage away from WR1, Santonio in the Jets' case.

    But I believe in Hill. First of all because of the freakish physical tools, but I also love option WRs. First off, you know they aren't selfish players. They signed on to play college ball at a place where they know they aren't getting many passes thrown to them. They also take pride in their blocking. He just seems like a WR the Jets needed to get. Opposite of the divas like Holmes, Plax, Braylon. I am excited to see what he can do when camp opens.
    Exactly, and that's why expectations should be tempered on him for now. It takes a ton of time to learn a proper NFL route tree and all of the nuances that come with being an NFL WR, especially given his tremendous lack of experience.

    If he can connect once or twice he'll make defenses think twice, but until then I would wait a while before thinking Braylon 2.0. His very presence on the field is a positive for the offense, though.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Biggest thing Hill needs to do as a rookie is learn to run crisp routes. You can have all the speed in the world, but in the NFL if you can't run precise routes (or get off the line of scrimmage), you will not make an impact and defintely not draw coverage away from WR1, Santonio in the Jets' case.

    But I believe in Hill. First of all because of the freakish physical tools, but I also love option WRs. First off, you know they aren't selfish players. They signed on to play college ball at a place where they know they aren't getting many passes thrown to them. They also take pride in their blocking. He just seems like a WR the Jets needed to get. Opposite of the divas like Holmes, Plax, Braylon. I am excited to see what he can do when camp opens.
    I'm always perplexed when people refer to Braylon as a diva.

    The dude did nothing but play solid football while he was with the Jets.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm always perplexed when people refer to Braylon as a diva.

    The dude did nothing but play solid football while he was with the Jets.
    He played pretty good football, but there was a reason none of his teammates went to bat for him when he was a free agent. He has done some amazing things off the field for charities and such, but most of the stuff you read about him is how he rubs people the wrong way. Or getting into trouble with law and fights, sending out stupid tweets about it then saying how your account was "hacked." Maybe diva isn't the correct word. Immature, unfocused, entitled. Maybe those are better words

  10. #50
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,089
    Takes some of the sting out of losing Mulligan.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,526
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Takes some of the sting out of losing Mulligan.
    I'll never get over that...

    ever.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Maybe diva isn't the correct word. Immature, unfocused, entitled. Maybe those are better words

    Immature?


    Unfocused?


    Entitled?



    Sounds a lot like :







    I guarantee you that hindsight being what it is(after everything that's happened), if you ask players on the Jets if they would've rather kept Braylon instead of Holmes(if they could go back in time knowing what they know now), I think they would've "went to bat" for him back then.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm always perplexed when people refer to Braylon as a diva.

    The dude did nothing but play solid football while he was with the Jets.
    In Cleveland, Braylon:
    1- Held out as a rookie
    2- Lead the league in drops in 2008 (23)
    3- Pulled over for driving 120 in a 65
    4- Couple of days before signing with the Jets was involved in an altercation and later plead no contest
    5- With the Jets he was arrested for DUI.
    6- Drove Browns staff insane forcing the deal to the Jets and many in Cleveland think his drops can be attributed to his lack of desire to stay in Cleveland.

    I like the guy and think he carries less baggage than Holmes, but he has plenty of baggage (aside from the knee) that teams are rightfully scared by.

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    In Cleveland, Braylon:
    1- Held out as a rookie
    2- Lead the league in drops in 2008 (23)
    3- Pulled over for driving 120 in a 65
    4- Couple of days before signing with the Jets was involved in an altercation and later plead no contest
    5- With the Jets he was arrested for DUI.
    6- Drove Browns staff insane forcing the deal to the Jets and many in Cleveland think his drops can be attributed to his lack of desire to stay in Cleveland.

    I like the guy and think he carries less baggage than Holmes, but he has plenty of baggage (aside from the knee) that teams are rightfully scared by.


    Lke I said, he did nothing but play solid football while he was with the New York Jets. Next?

  15. #55

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post


    Lke I said, he did nothing but play solid football while he was with the New York Jets. Next?
    +1,0000

    WTH does the Cleveland experience have to do with Braylon playing lights out in Green and White???

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post


    Lke I said, he did nothing but play solid football while he was with the New York Jets. Next?
    It was said over and over that he didn't get along with others on the Browns and the Jets. No one came to his defense over his DUI and players were not sad to see him go.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,463
    Superfreak V 2.0


  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    It was said over and over that he didn't get along with others on the Browns and the Jets. No one came to his defense over his DUI and players were not sad to see him go.
    I don't recall any articles indicating that he was anything but a solid teammate. You know damn well Cimini would be all over any discord, no matter how slight.

    And what does this mean? Players didn't come to his defense over his DUI? What should they have done? If it were Holmes, what would they have done differently?

    And how do you know how players felt about him leaving?

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't recall any articles indicating that he was anything but a solid teammate. You know damn well Cimini would be all over any discord, no matter how slight.

    And what does this mean? Players didn't come to his defense over his DUI? What should they have done? If it were Holmes, what would they have done differently?

    And how do you know how players felt about him leaving?
    Then you weren't paying attention.

    It was discussed to death after the DUI.

    And yes, that no one came to his defense was a part of it.

    Holmes has absolutely nothing to do with this, whats the sense of bringing him into it? If Holmes is hated as much or close what does it change for Braylon. He wasn't liked by players, it was discussed.

    The FO didn't like him for various reasons, thats obvious. To argue that he was liked, was a solid teammate and a solid player liked by players and mgt doesn't hold water given he wasnt even made an offer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us