All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!

Wow

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    How!???!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Totti.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I like Totti.
    +1

You could see the pain in Brad Friedel's eyes, but he handled himself like a professional.

Unreal run by Chelsea. It's almost laughable that DiMatteo is still "interim manager."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drogba has nuts of steel.

Cech and Ashley Cole were outstanding as well.

Robben was pathetic, as was Gomez.

Unreal match. Happy for Chelsea. I was pulling hard for them.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see all that money Abramovich stole off the Russian people has been well spent. $3.1 billion or thereabouts is clearly money well spent when it gets you a Champions League title.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me preface this by saying I have friends that played in HS and they won the States a couple of times and a few were very good players, Penn State, Duke, BU but when I watch American soccer vs. Italian, or English soccer it's like, and WADR, boring girls soccer vs. a carefully thought out opera, and sometimes a symphony. I disliked soccer as a kid, but love it as an adult, watching that is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a Soccer fan or follow it really in any form or fashion, but could someone explain to me what kind of "tactics" Chelsea was using in this game that caused such a big stir.

I've seen so many twitter things pots and what not about how terrible their "tactics" were during the game, multiple people going as far as to saying things like that set Soccer back(I doubt that's true), so I'm curious to what they did to get every so angry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I am not a Soccer fan or follow it really in any form or fashion, but could someone explain to me what kind of "tactics" Chelsea was using in this game that caused such a big stir.

I've seen so many twitter things pots and what not about how terrible their "tactics" were during the game, multiple people going as far as to saying things like that set Soccer back(I doubt that's true), so I'm curious to what they did to get every so angry.
    I actually didn’t see the game, but I can guess what everyone was saying.

Bayern, playing at home, and with superior firepower were clearly the favorites. Soccer isn’t like American football where both sides take turns on offense. Chelsea clearly played with a hold the fort mentality which for purists, isn’t the way a final should be played. Everyone wants spectacular play, tons of goals..etc. Chelsea stayed back, left the ball possession to Bayern and waited for a counter attack to develop. With every minute that passed, and every missed opportunity by Bayern, Chelsea’s chances of winning got greater.

When your team wins that way, you couldn’t give to flying sh*ts how they won. When you’re just a fan of the game, you want the team who’s actually trying to score to win.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Bayern fan this was a difficult loss to take, we dominated in just about every category but could not score. This loss is just as hard to take as the loss in 1999

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the 2nd half. Chelsea more/less parked the bus and played that style that so many have grown to dislike. Call it what u want but it was effective enough.

Bayern figured out 7 different ways to lose the match after having it put away. Credit Chelsea for being gutsy and Bayern for choking. Too bad that asswipe Drogba got to be the hero.

Gut wrenching if you're a Bayern fan, miracle/epic if you're a Chelsea supporter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m kind of happy for Chelsea.

I know they bought their title thanks to Abrahamovitch, and I’m probably secretly happy because my team is following the same footsteps ($$), , but I feel they paid their dues. They went through their heartbreaking losses, and the year everything thinks they blow, they win the big one. Drogba’s flopping can be aggravatin, but the guy has a huge heart and I’m happy he finally won it.

There I said it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Terry didn't play in the game, but here is a picture of him after it - anyone notice something odd about this picture?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ ^ just on this some pretty good John Terry jokes going round right now:

John Terry is going to his daughter's sports day this week. He's wearing his full PE kit in case she wins.

Why do footballers like their wives to be tanned?

Because the darker they are, the less chance they have of getting ****ed by John Terry.

Turns out John Terry didn't sleep with Bridge's ex after all, someone else did and he just took the credit

Odds on a Brit to finish on the podium at the Monaco Grand Prix: Di Resta 50/1, Button 10/1, Hamilton 5/1, John Terry 2/1.

Was happily making tea just now when John Terry came barging in the kitchen, and lifted the cup.

You might as well give John Terry credit.

It's saves time because he's going to take it anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    One announcer said the other day that Terry is the type of bloke who would blow out the candles on someone elses birthday cake

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    One announcer said the other day that Terry is the type of bloke who would blow out the candles on someone elses birthday cake

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shes definatley better looking then Hillary. But thats not saying much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahahaha!! Those pics are great. I hope that douche serves time for being a racist douche.