Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Holmes teaching kids the game of football

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Holmes teaching kids the game of football

Posted on his fb just now..

[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/560481_10150974627788200_47296978199_11976260_907756531_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/545419_10150974627663200_47296978199_11976259_1385818743_n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/292155_10150974629093200_47296978199_11976277_1892237390_n.jpg[/IMG]

I like seeing these types of things, good work Tone.

Fred Taylor is there as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where's the pic of him showing them how to quit on their team?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what my least favorite locker room catchphrase is? "The game of football."

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see Holmes donating his time to help others.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ubrnostrum;4473157]Where's the pic of him showing them how to quit on their team?[/QUOTE]

yes I'm afraid Holmes will need to have a stellar season with numerous game winning plays to erase the memory of his embarrassing behavior at the end of last season.

Geez I hope this guy grows up...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ubrnostrum;4473157]Where's the pic of him showing them how to quit on their team?[/QUOTE]Or standing on the football, mocking an Eagle, or doing a stupid first down move, or tweeting H.A.M. If I had kids I wouldn't want him anywhere near them

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, I was there and I talked to Holmes for quite some time after the activities.

But I promised him that I would keep our conversation private.

Sorry.

BUT, I'm very optimistic about the 2012 season based on my expertise as a listener and interpreter of opinions provided to me by an athlete.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]“A lot of things I had read or been told occur every day on every NFL sideline,” Lal said. “They’re just not shown. I can honestly say I’ve had to manage receivers between plays, between series, very similar things. It truly is because the good ones are so competitive they just want the ball. What makes them good is that quality, so there is frustration attached to it at times.”

Lal spoke with Holmes a few times after taking the job, but they could not discuss football until the offseason program began in April. For the past five weeks, Lal has gotten to watch Holmes work up close. Lal said Holmes has been, “very eager, very football-hungry, very competitive.”

The coaches have been able to work with the players on the field for the last three weeks. Other than Holmes, the Jets receivers are very inexperienced. Lal has leaned on Holmes to tutor the younger players.

“He loves coaching technique as much as I do,” Lal said. “So, when we go out there he’ll take his rep and then he’ll help with the technique with the rest of the guys. He knows what I’m looking for. He sees it a lot through my eyes and I see it through his eyes. It’s a good synergy I’d say.”

Lal is not the only one who has noticed Holmes’ contributions on the practice field.

“He’s been great,” said tackle Wayne Hunter, who was one of the players who fought with Holmes in Miami. “Santonio has been great. He’s been doing extra stuff that people wouldn’t believe. He’s been doing extra with Mark. He’s been doing stuff that he hasn’t done in the past. He’s been a team player, and it’s been a good change.”[/QUOTE]

I think Holmes will have a bounce back season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Extreme trying to,save face mode for Holmes ... He better bring it this season or the boos will be deafening.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least he is doing something with the kids.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe holmes was going thru some personal ****, that made him act like an ass towards the end of the season, not getting the ball, not making the playoffs... on top of everything else

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know who needs to start teaching kids football?.?.? Cro... after all with the 20 or 25 kids he's gonna end up with, i'd expect at least 4 of them would be fast and the rest is up to Coach(dad) Cro.:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "YEAH!...thats IT, you got it lil feller".......

"Now after you get that first down reception, hold out the ball, drop it right at the ref's feet. They wont be paying your salary lil man, why show them ANY respect"