Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jim Leonhard: Should the New England Patriots Consider Signing Him?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473255][QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4473231]:rolleyes:

Thomas didn't play a down last season as was a UFA. So yes he is an addition from last year's team.

As for Maybin, last season I think he led the league in coverage sacks, but regardless it was a whole lot better than his previous 2 seasons. So it will be interesting to see if he takes the next step and becomes more than a mop up sacker.

As for Sapp, he is a total unknown, along the lines of the Pats' Markelle Carter

He played a lot more OLB last season than expected and did surprisingly well both at setting the edge and rushing the passer.

I In all likelihood, if he's healthy with TC starts, they will. Before the draft I thought it was a 100% certainty that it would happen. But now the Pats have a plethora of guys who are 6'4 or taller and ran the 40 between 4.6-8 (Scott, Jones, Bequette, MCarter, Ninkovich, and Cunningham), that I think there is a 20% chance the Pats not re-sign him.

But for all I know, he might just retire.....or sign with another team. Bottom line, until he's healthy nothing will be know about the future of Andre Carter[/QUOTE]

Thomas played in four games last year before injuring his Achilles

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473255]

[B]Thomas didn't play a down last season[/B] as was a UFA. So yes he is an addition from last year's team.

[/QUOTE]
    You should check your facts Ken.

Bleacher Report has no more credibility than any poster on this site (except for Ray-Ray)

[QUOTE=Jordy;4473307]You should check your facts Ken.[/QUOTE]

Why start now?

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4473231]:rolleyes:

The Jets didn't add Thomas, he was re-signed. He'll probably be a starter, but Maybin will have a bigger role with the team this year. The Jets have prospects in Ricky Sapp as well at the position, and already have Pace.

Carter is more of a DE than an OLB, and the Jets have loaded up on the DL the last two years.

If Carter was so great, why aren't the Pats re-signing him? It isn't like the Pats were world beaters on defense last year :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Carter is not yet recovered. He most likely will start the year on the PUP for the first 6 weeks.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4473231]:rolleyes:

The Jets didn't add Thomas, he was re-signed. He'll probably be a starter, but Maybin will have a bigger role with the team this year. The Jets have prospects in Ricky Sapp as well at the position, and already have Pace.

Carter is more of a DE than an OLB, and the Jets have loaded up on the DL the last two years.

If Carter was so great, why aren't the Pats re-signing him? It isn't like the Pats were world beaters on defense last year :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Carter had a nice season last year, but the 10 sacks are a little misleading he had 4.5 in one game against this overrated over paid stiff.:)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Patriot 86;4473323]Carter had a nice season last year, but the 10 sacks are a little misleading he had 4.5 in one game against this overrated over paid stiff.:)[/QUOTE]

Sad but true

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patman;4473309]Bleacher Report has no more credibility than any poster on this site ([B]except for Ray-Ray[/B])[/QUOTE]
    It had to be said.