Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Article of why we got coach Sparano!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4473642]With Ronnie Brown, Chad Pennington and Rickey Williams the Ravens, a team we likely have to beat to get to a SB completely dismantled Soprano's O in a home playoff game.

I'm a big believer in execution but there is something to be said for setting up a D, especially when you don't have great personal on O.[/QUOTE]

That's true, but what did Schotty's offense do against the Ravens these last two years?

Those are probably the two worst games we've played on offense since Rex showed up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4473642]With Ronnie Brown, Chad Pennington and Rickey Williams the Ravens, a team we likely have to beat to get to a SB completely dismantled Soprano's O in a home playoff game.

I'm a big believer in execution but there is something to be said for setting up a D, especially when you don't have great personal on O.[/QUOTE]

And did you see what our O did against the Ravens? :O

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4473506]It's okay, you don't have to protect Sh**ty anymore.....he's gone.[/QUOTE]

I defend truth as i see it,not individuals.If you practice something,tell me you got it and then poop the bed consistently when it's time to show and prove,i will not hear u when you blame the instructor after he's replaced.

Asked around,i defended the truth when it came to Hackett,when it came to Herm and when it comes Schotty. I will always defend the truth.These players practice the game plan.The problem is they practice it against scrubs who don't suit up on sundays and those who manage to suit up,have zero chance of getting into the game.On sundays when they have to execute against a player just as athletic or more athletic,they can't execute.

Maybe the Jets 1st team offense needs to practice against the 1st team defense and see if either unit is any good.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just explained how schotty's system was flawed. Where were you Tinstar?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4473598]You're missing the point.

The complications were in the pre-snap movement and formations. That doesn't necessarily equate to complication for the defense to recognize what the Jets were going to do.

Several opposing players have commented in the last couple of years that they knew what play the Jets were going to run before the ball was snapped.

If that's not an indictment of the OC, I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

A poor workman will always blame his tools.The problem is never the scheme,but always the execution of said scheme.What coordinators look to exploit are breakdowns in said schemes.Occasionally even Hunter blocks his man,and gives the QB the time to scan the field.If u can't cause a mistake due to a disguise in your body language,then how is that the coordinator's fault.

These guys are hired to do a Job.The design of the job is given to them and practiced.You are then called apon to execute the plan,and u can't because what u practiced is too difficult to execute because of outside pressure.That my friend is not on the coach,it's on the player(s).

Either u didn't understand and u lied,or the pressure of the moment is overwhelming and hindering your performance.

A box of Rocks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4473737]We just explained how schotty's system was flawed. Where were you Tinstar?[/QUOTE]

Once upon a time,everyone thought the world was flat.You go to far in 1 direction,you just might fall off.

One day,someone took a walk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473758]A poor workman will always blame his tools.The problem is never the scheme,but always the execution of said scheme.What coordinators look to exploit are breakdowns in said schemes.Occasionally even Hunter blocks his man,and gives the QB the time to scan the field.If u can't cause a mistake due to a disguise in your body language,then how is that the coordinator's fault.

These guys are hired to do a Job.The design of the job is given to them and practiced.You are then called apon to execute the plan,and u can't because what u practiced is too difficult to execute because of outside pressure.That my friend is not on the coach,it's on the player(s).

Either u didn't understand and u lied,or the pressure of the moment is overwhelming and hindering your performance.

A box of Rocks.[/QUOTE]
    Talking in rhymes is not going to win the day.

You can defend Shoddy all you want. That's your prerogative.

But when the defense can recognize what you're going to run based on your offensive formation, it makes it a lot more difficult to execute.

We'll see what happens this year. If the execution improves along with the results, maybe then you will admit where the problem was.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4473605]This is easy for a savvy D to figure out: If we load the box vs a certain formation, they'll throw. If we don't load the box vs certain formations they run the ball. If our corners line up playing off the wrs, they run slants. If our corners line up playing bump and run they run digs. Certain teams will figure that out on film. This is the NFL, and when teams catch on the least bit to what your doing, YOU ARE PREDICTABLE. And it's easy to figure out more and more what you wanna do.[/QUOTE]

Once upon a time there was this HC who ran 3 plays on offense and won a few championships.Everyone knew what those plays were,but he would run the same play until it was stopped.Then he would run another play until that was stopped.athen he would go back to the 1st play and if that didn't work,he would run the 3rd play.

It always about execution.You execute to the highest level,look for the mistake from your opponent and exploit it.Remember the championship game against the Colts.We had peyton Manning boxed in,so he played and played until Cromartie made a mistake and boom,TD.
    That single play threw the Jets defense all out of whack and allowed Manning to exploit mistake after mistake.

It's always about execution,never design.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schotty's system is flawed. All 5 recievers make sight adjustments based on how defenses line up. PROBLEM!! A Defense could come out and give a shell cover 3 zone look but, after the ball is snapped, they play a cover 2 man. All it takes is for a D to disguise coverage and all 5 recievers and the QB is thrown off.
    SCHOTTY'S SYSTEM IS FLAWED!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4473812]Schotty's system is flawed. All 5 recievers make sight adjustments based on how defenses line up. PROBLEM!! A Defense could come out and give a shell cover 3 zone look but, after the ball is snapped, they play a cover 2 man. All it takes is for a D to disguise coverage and all 5 recievers and the QB is thrown off.
    SCHOTTY'S SYSTEM IS FLAWED!!!![/QUOTE]

ok .

But can u tell me how a guy considered the worst at his position can have the "SAND" to stand up to Santonio but the supposed leader of the team or at the very least the offense,couldn't/didn't .

It's about the execution,never the design.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473774]Once upon a time there was this HC who ran 3 plays on offense and won a few championships.Everyone knew what those plays were,but he would run the same play until it was stopped.Then he would run another play until that was stopped.athen he would go back to the 1st play and if that didn't work,he would run the 3rd play.

It always about execution.You execute to the highest level,look for the mistake from your opponent and exploit it.Remember the championship game against the Colts.We had peyton Manning boxed in,so he played and played until Cromartie made a mistake and boom,TD.
    That single play threw the Jets defense all out of whack and allowed Manning to exploit mistake after mistake.

It's always about execution,never design.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any QB in the history of the game audibled more than Manning.

By the way, isn't it interesting that Sanchez runs the 2 minute offense invariably better than he does so at other times during the game? Hmm. Execution running his own plays without being bogged down with Shoddy's predictable offensive playcalling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4473818]I don't think any QB in the history of the game audibled more than Manning.

By the way, isn't it interesting that Sanchez runs the 2 minute offense invariably better than he does so at other times during the game? Hmm. Execution running his own plays without being bogged down with Shoddy's predictable offensive playcalling.[/QUOTE]

Good points, Sanchez needs to have a fluid pocket and the 2 min off does that...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473758]The problem is never the scheme,but always the execution of said scheme.[/QUOTE]

Laughable. Basically saying that coaching doesn't matter, when in fact it is the most important thing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473816]ok .

But can u tell me how a guy considered the worst at his position can have the "SAND" to stand up to Santonio but the supposed leader of the team or at the very least the offense,couldn't/didn't .

It's about the execution,never the design.[/QUOTE]

We're going to have almost the same exact personnel on offense this coming year as we did last year. 10 of the same starters, only WR2 will be different. Bet you the offense will be significantly better this year, just by not running Schottenheimer's offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, Schitty supporters are the absolute worst. If they're not the most intolerable and stubborn, they're a close second to the Pennington/Clemens apologists.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Harbaugh got to SF, he scrapped sight adjustments and gave Alex Smith permision to call 1 hot route. I'm sure he can audible But, no sight adjustments. everyone has to be on the same page for that.

Alex Smith went 14-2 last year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]I know Jet fans just love to scapegoat Shotty, but if its true, isn't it more disturbing about what it says about Ryan.

I don't understand why most Jet fans are willing to give Ryan a pass. Where was he while all these supposed problems with the offense were going on?. How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. Its not like Rex saw the problem and got rid of it. Based on his own words, it seemed like Rex was ready to bring him back. Again, what does that say about your HC.[/quote]

I'm more pissed at Tannenbaum than Ryan, who was told he had to keep Schotty on after he was hired. And Ryan is a loyal guy, so given the team success the two prior years, there was no chance they were letting him go pre-2011, despite any problems.

As for the endorsement, how many times have you heard managers say "this guy is my closer and we believe in him" right before changing closers? What was Ryan supposed to do, say "yeah, schotty sucks" and torpedo any chance the guy gets another job? Never mind the whole human being portion of it, if he'd done that, Woody Johnson would have been on the hook for Schotty's salary.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4473827]Laughable. Basically saying that coaching doesn't matter, when in fact it is the most important thing.[/QUOTE]

When did i say coaching doesn't matter.What exactly do the Jets do in OTAs,training camp and the week preceeding a game.You put in a game plan,you coach the plan to the players and they're expected to go out on sunday and execute that plan.Part of the plan for a week is a part of the scheme you impliment in training camp and work on throughout OTAs the training camp.
    By the time you get to an actual game,you just pick a portion of your scheme that u think should work well against the opponent of that week.You practice your plan,and then you make calls from the plan you practiced.Up until the players hit the field,the coaching is done. Once the players hit the field,it's up to them led by the leader of their unit.From the time the radio signal goes off until the end of the play,the QB controls the outcome of what happens pre snap.

Sparano can coach them all he wants,but if they don't execute,the outcome will not be profitable to the team.

You wanna know the best thing i have heard about the Sparano scheme.Someone posted that he wants to run whatever play is called,no adjustments,no audibles,just execute the play.

It's always about execution.not the scheme.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473774]Once upon a time there was this HC who ran 3 plays on offense and won a few championships.Everyone knew what those plays were,but he would run the same play until it was stopped.Then he would run another play until that was stopped.athen he would go back to the 1st play and if that didn't work,he would run the 3rd play.

It's always about execution,never design.[/QUOTE]
    When Schoddy was here, this crap was frustrating.

Now it's just amusing.

There are no absolutes. Truth is; good coaching and good playing are necessary to win consistently in this league. For all the other obfuscations, the reality is that Schoddy simply isn't a very good coach. Don't care enymore, he's Jeff Fischer's problem now. Good riddence to bad rubbish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473816]ok .

[B]
    It's about the execution,never the design.[/B][/QUOTE]

So there's no such thing as a good coordinator or a bad coordinator? They are all equal and fungible? All designs are equivalent?