Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Another Article of why we got coach Sparano!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4473818]I don't think any QB in the history of the game audibled more than Manning.

[B]By the way, isn't it interesting that Sanchez runs the 2 minute offense invariably better than he does so at other times during the game? [/B]Hmm. Execution running his own plays without being bogged down with Shoddy's predictable offensive playcalling.[/QUOTE]

So did Vinny Testaverde in Paul Hackett's offense.Then they gave his Job to a kid QB with a pop gun arm and an over size brain and viola,the offense looked completely different.

It's all about the execution,never the scheme.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473300]The bolded parts only proves what i have thought for quite some time.The Players on the Jets for the most part are not the brightest bulbs in the sockets,and when you combine that with their lack luster willingness to study,learn and execute,you get what we got.

A fall guy.

How is it that this guy Schottenheimer can be said to have the most predictable offense in the league,yet his players are telling the world their couldn't understand it because of it's presnap adjustments.

How is it that the people who didn't practice this offense are able to diagnose it so much quicker and better than those who did on a daily basis.

A box of rocks.[/QUOTE]

I agree:yes: It all starts at QB..............wish we had one last year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4473598]You're missing the point.

The complications were in the pre-snap movement and formations. That doesn't necessarily equate to complication for the defense to recognize what the Jets were going to do.

Several opposing players have commented in the last couple of years that they knew what play the Jets were going to run before the ball was snapped.

If that's not an indictment of the OC, I don't know what is.[/QUOTE]

I do try the QB..........

easy concept schotty in control- two great years
    Mark in control- see NFL year 2011..........:eek:

So we make it to two AFC championships games with schotty having more control in the passing game but the year we give the control to the QB the team implodes...........? :confused:

like he said box of rocks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473861]So did Vinny Testaverde in Paul Hackett's offense.Then they gave his Job to a kid QB with a pop gun arm and an over size brain and viola,the offense looked completely different.

It's all about the execution,never the scheme.[/QUOTE]

So why does Sanchez invariably perform better in the 2 minute drill?

He all of a sudden becomes a better executor? I don't think so.

I think he's able to free-style more and move the pocket. He executes better because he has more to work with as opposed to the stifling predictability that was Shoddy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4473889]I do try the QB..........

easy concept schotty in control- two great years
    Mark in control- see NFL year 2011..........:eek:

So we make it to two AFC championships games with schotty having more control in the passing game but the year we give the control to the QB the team implodes...........? :confused:

like he said box of rocks.[/QUOTE]
    What evidence do you have that Sanchez was "in contol" in 2011. He called his own plays witout Shoddy? Really? Link?

You're an insufferable troll. Inching closer to the ignore category for me.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tinstar -you are basically saying "doesn't matter who the O coordinator is, as long as the players execute". Look at that INT vs Ravens last year, Sunday night game. That play speaks Volumes about Shotty's play design. Also check the 2nd Buffalo game last year when Sanchez throws a INT from his own endzone( he basically wouldve took a safety if he didn't throw the pick). You can't dispute Brett Farve!!! What's up with all the shifting and Motions? I saw a play last year vs Patriots where every reciever runs a 5 yard curl and it was 3rd and 8. All 5 recievers go the same distance(and you want to talk about execution and design) how you suppose to execute like that? THE PLAYS SCHOTTY DESIGNED, CAN'T BE EXECUTED

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The issue I always had during shotty was WR seperation. I thought it was due to talent but when Holmes and Edwards couldn't consistently get open I started to question him. It was frustrating to watch at times.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4473895]What evidence do you have that Sanchez was "in contol" in 2011. He called his own plays witout Shoddy? Really? Link?

You're an insufferable troll. Inching closer to the ignore category for me.[/QUOTE]

Ask anyone they said at cortland that this is the year they will let mark have a little more control.............I am not saying he had manning control but more than his rookie year that is undeniable.............or are sanchez homers to blind to even think that hey this is year 3 I will prob give my QB some more control.......

And even if not if your "franchise" QB still needs his hand held in season 3 then we have bigger problems.

Ignore away my feelings don't get hurt.......:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4473896]Tinstar -you are basically saying "doesn't matter who the O coordinator is, as long as the players execute". Look at that INT vs Ravens last year, Sunday night game. That play speaks Volumes about Shotty's play design. Also check the 2nd Buffalo game last year when Sanchez throws a INT from his own endzone( he basically wouldve took a safety if he didn't throw the pick). You can't dispute Brett Farve!!! What's up with all the shifting and Motions? I saw a play last year vs Patriots where every reciever runs a 5 yard curl and it was 3rd and 8. All 5 recievers go the same distance(and you want to talk about execution and design) how you suppose to execute like that? THE PLAYS SCHOTTY DESIGNED, CAN'T BE EXECUTED[/QUOTE]

But in year 2009 and 2010 they could be executed? :rolleyes:

Let me guess teams needed two whole years to gameplan because schotty had such a complicated system........

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4473896]Tinstar -you are basically saying "doesn't matter who the O coordinator is, as long as the players execute". Look at that INT vs Ravens last year, Sunday night game. That play speaks Volumes about Shotty's play design. Also check the 2nd Buffalo game last year when Sanchez throws a INT from his own endzone( he basically wouldve took a safety if he didn't throw the pick). You can't dispute Brett Farve!!! What's up with all the shifting and Motions? I saw a play last year vs Patriots where every reciever runs a 5 yard curl and it was 3rd and 8. All 5 recievers go the same distance(and you want to talk about execution and design) how you suppose to execute like that? THE PLAYS SCHOTTY DESIGNED, CAN'T BE EXECUTED[/QUOTE]

I fully expect Sparano to execute the plays that Schottenheimer designed. Personally, I'd go with poison, followed by a ritualistic burial. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4473730]That's true, but what did Schotty's offense do against the Ravens these last two years?

Those are probably the two worst games we've played on offense since Rex showed up.[/QUOTE]

I'm much less concerned with what our O did against the Ravens in early season games and what Miami's O with better personal did against the Ravens in the first game of the playoffs.

The Jets under Shotty haven't been great but we did put points on the board in playoff games against very good teams.

The season is a process and I expect the jets to do better early with a simpler scheme but that may not translate to better late when we are facing teams with lots of tape who are consistently better. Match ups matter in this league and simple may be better early but it can be exploited late.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4473925]I'm much less concerned with what our O did against the Ravens in early season games and what Miami's O with better personal did against the Ravens in the first game of the playoffs.

The Jets under Shotty haven't been great but we did put points on the board in playoff games against very good teams.

The season is a process and I expect the jets to do better early with a simpler scheme but that may not translate to better late when we are facing teams with lots of tape who are consistently better. Match ups matter in this league and [B]simple may be better early but it can be exploited late[/B].[/QUOTE]

I figured I wouldn't see this post for another 4 months. :cool: I hope Sanchez gets it going, because we won't have those 4th quarter back-breaking runs by the offense. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473855]It's always about execution.not the scheme.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltod2ehhlP1qe8qlfo1_500.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Have u ever been given an order but figured u had a better idea.I have seen that play numerous times on here,and all i do is laugh.

This board for the most part,Loves Bill Parcells.He once said and I Quote:
    " I don't coach turnovers".

Coaches coach and Players play.The same miserable "BUM" Jet fans were happy to see leave town coach this team with a Rookie 1st yr QB to the AFC Championship game and again in his 2nd yr.Just like the guy the fans ran out out of town before him named Paul Hackett.

There's a few people on this board that i believe have a serious problem with Walking and chewing all at the same time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and if chaddy couldn't figure out schitty's offense then nobody can. schitty was a huge problem for this team. glad he is gone.

[QUOTE=Dreamers;4473335]What many people tend to forget is this.

Chad Pennington
    Before Shotty
    2002-03 15games [B]104.2QBR [/B][B]68.9%[/B]208.0YPG[B]22TDS6INT[/B]
    2003-04 10games 82.9QBR 63.6% 213.9YPG13TDs12INT
    2004-05 13games[B] 91.0QBR [/B]65.4%205.6ypg[B]16TDS9INT[/B]
    2005-06 Not enough games to matter

Shotty era
    2006-07 16games 82.6QBR64.5%209.5YPG17TDS16INTS
    2007-08 9 games 86.1QBR[B]68.8%[/B]196.1YPG10TDS9ITS

Miami (Spags)
    2008-0916games [B]97.4QBR[/B]67.4%[B]228.3YPG[/B][B]19TDs7INTs[/B]
    Not enough games to matter he was hurt not Spags fault.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473935]There's a few people on this board that i believe have a serious problem with Walking and chewing all at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

They mostly defend Schoddy and think Tebow is a superior QB to Sanchez.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4473902]Ask anyone they said at cortland that this is the year they will let mark have a little more control.............I am not saying he had manning control but more than his rookie year that is undeniable.............or are sanchez homers to blind to even think that hey this is year 3 I will prob give my QB some more control.......

And even if not if your "franchise" QB still needs his hand held in season 3 then we have bigger problems.

Ignore away my feelings don't get hurt.......:D[/QUOTE]
    Oh so it went from "Mark in control - 2011!!" to "they will let Mark have a little more control."

Right there shows what a troll you really are.

And your feelings won't enter into my decision whatsoever.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4473321]Shotty had to go.....this new, simpler offense seems to blend well with REX.

The chemistry may be better , hopefully so will the results.[/QUOTE]

So happy we got rid of that incompetent bastid Shoddy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473935]Have u ever been given an order but figured u had a better idea.I have seen that play numerous times on here,and all i do is laugh.

This board for the most part,Loves Bill Parcells.He once said and I Quote:
    " I don't coach turnovers".

Coaches coach and Players play.The same miserable "BUM" Jet fans were happy to see leave town coach this team with a Rookie 1st yr QB to the AFC Championship game and again in his 2nd yr.Just like the guy the fans ran out out of town before him named Paul Hackett.

There's a few people on this board that i believe have a serious problem with Walking and chewing all at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I don't suppose you're familiar with the concept of designing plays and gameplans that suit the talent and skillset you have or putting your players in the best possible situations to succeed?

I suppose you also blamed the 50+ attempt game last season on Sanchez??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4474006]Me too.

They mostly defend Schoddy and think Tebow is a superior QB to Sanchez.[/QUOTE]
    Pretty much sums it up right there.