Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Article of why we got coach Sparano!!!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. [/QUOTE]

Its called politics.

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4473353]Tony Sparano is firey, he was always very animated on the sideline when he was the HC of Miami and he will bring some passion to the offense - something they never had under Schottenheimer.

I think the tandem of Rex & Tony Sparano is going to give this team alot of fire & passion.

Something that was sorely missing last season.[/QUOTE]

Wow, the guy who is the loudest is the best coach.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4473300]The bolded parts only proves what i have thought for quite some time.The Players on the Jets for the most part are not the brightest bulbs in the sockets,and when you combine that with their lack luster willingness to study,learn and execute,you get what we got.

A fall guy.

How is it that this guy Schottenheimer can be said to have the most predictable offense in the league,yet his players are telling the world their couldn't understand it because of it's presnap adjustments.

How is it that the people who didn't practice this offense are able to diagnose it so much quicker and better than those who did on a daily basis.

A box of rocks.[/QUOTE]

really? what I saw was an offense with a bunch of shifts and adjustments and complications that did not hide the fact that the offense was predictable and poorly defined....Schitthead was a complete hack

[QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]I know Jet fans just love to scapegoat Shotty, but if its true, isn't it more disturbing about what it says about Ryan.

I don't understand why most Jet fans are willing to give Ryan a pass. Where was he while all these supposed problems with the offense were going on?. How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. Its not like Rex saw the problem and got rid of it. Based on his own words, it seemed like Rex was ready to bring him back. Again, what does that say about your HC.
    [/QUOTE]

I don't understand how you think its cut and dry that Shotty left for the rams. There was a mutual agreement to part, he was under contract.. He did not get compensated for the contract he left with the jets. Why would he willingly leave an OC position, to take another OC position on a team that was worse than the Jets last year, and has the same troubled young QB situation?

Shotty wanted to be a HC, he had interviews with Buffalo a few years back. The "Ringing endorsement" was to add value to Shotty to help him get a job so the jets didn't have to fire him and be responsible for compensating him.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4473321]Shotty had to go.....this new,[B] simpler offense[/B] seems to blend well with REX.

The chemistry may be better , hopefully so will the results.[/QUOTE]

“Simplicity is the key to brilliance” - Bruce Lee

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4473480]It's definitely a confusion with Steve Spagnuolo aka Spags. I was curious and googled "Coach Sprags"... the first and only hit I got was... this thread, lol.[/QUOTE]

Why isn't he called "Coach Spars"? It fits his name better and has a touch of ambiguity for fun.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473300]The bolded parts only proves what i have thought for quite some time.The Players on the Jets for the most part are not the brightest bulbs in the sockets,and when you combine that with their lack luster willingness to study,learn and execute,you get what we got.

A fall guy.

How is it that this guy Schottenheimer can be said to have the most predictable offense in the league,yet his players are telling the world their couldn't understand it because of it's presnap adjustments.

How is it that the people who didn't practice this offense are able to diagnose it so much quicker and better than those who did on a daily basis.

A box of rocks.[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point.

The complications were in the pre-snap movement and formations. That doesn't necessarily equate to complication for the defense to recognize what the Jets were going to do.

Several opposing players have commented in the last couple of years that they knew what play the Jets were going to run before the ball was snapped.

If that's not an indictment of the OC, I don't know what is.

[QUOTE=johnnysd;4473585]really? what I saw was an offense with a bunch of shifts and adjustments and complications that did not hide the fact that the offense was predictable and poorly defined....Schitthead was a complete hack[/QUOTE]

Furthermore, he did not 'coach up' players.

A fall guy.

[B]How is it that this guy Schottenheimer can be said to have the most predictable offense in the league[/B],yet his players are telling the world their couldn't understand it because of it's presnap adjustments.

[B]How is it that the people who didn't practice this offense are able to diagnose it so much quicker and better than those who did on a daily basis.[/B]

A box of rocks.[/QUOTE]

This is easy for a savvy D to figure out: If we load the box vs a certain formation, they'll throw. If we don't load the box vs certain formations they run the ball. If our corners line up playing off the wrs, they run slants. If our corners line up playing bump and run they run digs. Certain teams will figure that out on film. This is the NFL, and when teams catch on the least bit to what your doing, YOU ARE PREDICTABLE. And it's easy to figure out more and more what you wanna do.

[QUOTE=NPTJET53;4473592]I don't understand how you think its cut and dry that Shotty left for the rams. There was a mutual agreement to part, he was under contract.. He did not get compensated for the contract he left with the jets. Why would he willingly leave an OC position, to take another OC position on a team that was worse than the Jets last year, and has the same troubled young QB situation?

Shotty wanted to be a HC, he had interviews with Buffalo a few years back. The "Ringing endorsement" was to add value to Shotty to help him get a job so the jets didn't have to fire him and be responsible for compensating him.[/QUOTE]

There was no way for Schotty to return here. The fan base was furious

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]I know Jet fans just love to scapegoat Shotty, but if its true, isn't it more disturbing about what it says about Ryan.

I don't understand why most Jet fans are willing to give Ryan a pass. Where was he while all these supposed problems with the offense were going on?. How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. Its not like Rex saw the problem and got rid of it. Based on his own words, it seemed like Rex was ready to bring him back. Again, what does that say about your HC.

Here's what it says. You have no HC. Instead you have a DC who is trotted out to the press conferences because he's very entertaining and keeps the Jets in the media [B]IF[/B] Shotty was as bad as some fans believe, WHERE was Rex for the last 3 years, hiding under his desk, just hoping it would get better by itself?:eek:

All these articles are great PR. They make you think that the Jets now have a true leader of the offense. But they also make you wonder just who the HC of the Jets really is. They are not just throwing Shotty under the bus, but Rex TOO.[/QUOTE]

If you want to blame Rex for not becoming at all involved in the Offense and leaving Shotty to run the entire thing with no oversight as well as having him stay on as the OC through 2011, that's fair. He is responsible as the Head Coach and who he retains is his responsibility.

But, to intimate that Shotty is gone only because he left for the Rams is incorrect. He left as OC well before he got the Rams job. They termed it as mutual out of respect. Mutual means both parties wanted a change. But, the fact that Shotty wanted a change is largely irrelevant. In sports, when a team wants a change, it gets what it wants, irrespective of the coach's desires.

While Rex vocally supported Shotty, that was simply Rex supporting his coach during the season. As the end of the season came, he wasn't going to say anything negative until there was a resolution. That's simply the way Rex is. BB says nothing - Rex talks at times and it means nothing. When it involves a coach who is still under contract, its completely understandable.

To anyone following the team (and I was far from the biggest Shotty hater), it was completely evident that Shotty was not coming back, well before the season was over.

All League
    Back to the article and the bold section.... brings back to me, the start of the Eagle game last year, when they couldn't stop the run and we didn't stick with it and got fancy...

Hopefully we'll stick with what's working, rather than always trying to out smart the other guy...

With Ronnie Brown, Chad Pennington and Rickey Williams the Ravens, a team we likely have to beat to get to a SB completely dismantled Soprano's O in a home playoff game.

I'm a big believer in execution but there is something to be said for setting up a D, especially when you don't have great personal on O.

Sanchez has a much stronger arm than Pennignton and we can get creative with Tebow. That Ravens team also had Rex calling the D I believe. Look for Sanchez to run more this year. There will be more designed bootlegs and roll outs in the Offense this year. I read somewhere that if Sanchez drops back and nothing's there, he can pull it down and run. And the Raven's offense don't scare me, so we'll beat them in the playoffs

Rookie

Here's what it says. You have no HC. Instead you have a DC who is trotted out to the press conferences because he's very entertaining and keeps the Jets in the media [B]IF[/B] Shotty was as bad as some fans believe, WHERE was Rex for the last 3 years, hiding under his desk, just hoping it would get better by itself?:eek:

All these articles are great PR. They make you think that the Jets now have a true leader of the offense. But they also make you wonder just who the HC of the Jets really is. They are not just throwing Shotty under the bus, but Rex TOO.[/QUOTE]

A Patsie fan, giving Rex Ryan s**t.... big shocker. Ryan is going into his 4th year. I know Belicheat is a god, in New England, but, contrary to popular belief..... he DID coach in Cleveland-- and sucked. He also was the coach in NE, in 2000-- and sucked. It wasn't until 2001, when the stars aligned and the extra cameras went on, that he became a "great" coach. He DID have help, then, as well.... Weis and Crennel. So, to recap, BB sucked in his first stint as a HC.... and hasn't won, since he lost the REAL coaches of his SB teams, and had to back off on the cheating. SOMEHOW, he got a pass.

Effing Patsie TROLLS:mad:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This thread will now, predictably, digress into a BB vs. Rex diatribe with name-calling and chest-puffing.

Hopefully, someone will post pictures of Hayden Panettiere to relieve the tension that will ensue.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4473684]This thread will now, predictably, digress into a BB vs. Rex diatribe with name-calling and chest-puffing.

Hopefully, someone will post pictures of Hayden Panettiere to relieve the tension that will ensue.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nudography.com/photos/appearances/Hayden_Panettiere_red_bikini-2010-06-23.jpghttp://www.nudography.com/photos/appearances/Hayden_Panettiere_red_bikini-2010-06-4.jpg[/url]

How's this?

Sorry, wouldn't let me post the actual pics.
    Last edited by Laxman; 05-21-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: pics weren't posted

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. [/QUOTE]

You're kidding right??? I'm not sure if you only casually followed the end of the Jets season and what happened with Schotty, but the Jets were pushing him out. It is widely rumored that the Jets not only gave him permission to interview other places but ENCOURAGED him to do so, that way if he was hired someplace else they wouldn't have to pay severance, etc. for terminating him. (he was still under contract and can't just leave for the Rams if he wanted to) The Jets wanted him out but were courteous and kept the PR positive with their "ringing endorsements" so that he'd hopefully get a job someplace else.

It's kinda hard to tell the guy to go find another job and then tell the media he's a major source of the problems on offense. The Jets were essentially marketing him at the end of the year. Why else would you give someone a ringing endorsement and permission to interview for a lateral (non promotion) move?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 05-21-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

27th in offense last year. Anyone think we won't improve on that this season? Schottenheimer was horrible

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4473715]27th in offense last year. Anyone think we won't improve on that this season? Schottenheimer was horrible[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the Jets will play three phases of football this year - Special Teams, Defense, Rushing the Football.

In Rex's mind this has to be a great philosophy. Remember, you could give him 11 JAGS on defense and he's convinced he could coach them up and win every game 6-3. Our defense was very good last year and has the potential to be even better with the continued maturation of guys like Wilkerson, Kyle Wilson, Ellis, etc. and the additions of Coples and Davis. Going back to the 2009 and 2010 formula is a positive in my opinion.