Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Article of why we got coach Sparano!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is similar to Parcells in that he believes mastering a small number of plays is ideal for his players to succeed. He did a good job in Dallas as the play caller and no reason to think he cant do the same job here

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4473353]Tony Sparano is firey, he was always very animated on the sideline when he was the HC of Miami and he will bring some [B]passion[/B] to the offense - something they never had under Schottenheimer.

I think the tandem of Rex & Sparano is going to give this team alot of fire & [B]passion[/B].

Something that was sorely missing last season.[/QUOTE]

PASSION,I agree that was one of the main things that wasn't there on O last year.

Got sooo tired of seein em walk off the field with their heads hangin down..and that was just in the 1st QT

Very excited for this season

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is not unusual to go from player friendly coach to disciplinarian. This happens in pro-sports all of the time. The problem that I fear is the ‘simplified’ offense. IMHO in the NFL you need to be complicated because your competition is the best of the best. The NFL knows simple and simple does not cause NFL Coaches and players any problems. The Jets are in the NFL and simple offences (aka running offenses) have not been winning championships as of late. The NFL is a passing league.

Anyway

Go Jets!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4473373]It is not unusual to go from player friendly coach to disciplinarian. This happens in pro-sports all of the time. The problem that I fear is the ‘simplified’ offense. IMHO in the NFL you need to be complicated because your competition is the best of the best. The NFL knows simple and simple does not cause NFL Coaches and players any problems. The Jets are in the NFL and simple offences (aka running offenses) have not been winning championships as of late. The NFL is a passing league.

Anyway

Go Jets![/QUOTE]

Good point, but hopefully Tebow on the field as a decoy keeps defenses thinking

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... our O can stay the same ... or it can get better ...

... there is no way for it to get worse ...

l_j_r

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No one calls him Sprags. And if they do, they are players and they have earned the ability to call him Sprags.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4473388]No one calls him Sprags. And if they do, they are players and they have earned the ability to call him Sprags.[/QUOTE]

Paulie,

Do you know Coach Sparano?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4473373]It is not unusual to go from player friendly coach to disciplinarian. This happens in pro-sports all of the time. The problem that I fear is the ‘simplified’ offense. IMHO in the NFL you need to be complicated because your competition is the best of the best. The NFL knows simple and simple does not cause NFL Coaches and players any problems. The Jets are in the NFL and simple offences (aka running offenses) have not been winning championships as of late. The NFL is a passing league.

Anyway

Go Jets![/QUOTE]
    The Giants have a complicated offense?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4473388]No one calls him Sprags. And if they do, they are players and they have earned the ability to call him Sprags.[/QUOTE]

How do you earn the right to call him a name that doesnt make sense?

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4473404]How do you earn the right to call him a name that doesnt make sense?

-[/QUOTE]

Somebody change the f'n title and take sprags out our there

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway

Go Jets![/QUOTE]

I remember when Brett Favre was here and complained about how complicated the system was and how it was nonsense that wasn't needed.

Just because a team passes a lot doesn't mean their offense is complicated, most of the young QBs in the NFL run simple offenses. Our offense always lacked rhythm and an identity, guys didn't look comfortable. This is since 2006.

Another thing, Sparano play called in Dallas a year that Romo started out and they as a team threw for over 4,000 yards. Then in Miami, the only QB who really struggled was Chad Henne. Chad Pennington had more success there than with Schotty and Matt Moore was solid last season.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 05-20-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand where the "G" comes from... :dunno:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4473474]I don't understand where the "G" comes from... :dunno:[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a confusion with Steve Spagnuolo aka Spags. I was curious and googled "Coach Sprags"... the first and only hit I got was... this thread, lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL @ guys with OCD focused on the spags/sprags nickname

Anyway back to the thread, football at the NFL level is a very fast game, only Elite QB like Payton can run such complicated offenses. Most are simple GB for example based of Favre comments about Shotty complicated playbook. I'm a firm believer of K.I.S.S and can feel it deep in my balls the O will have a good season.

Thanks for posting Charlie

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4473300]The bolded parts only proves what i have thought for quite some time.The Players on the Jets for the most part are not the brightest bulbs in the sockets,and when you combine that with their lack luster willingness to study,learn and execute,you get what we got.

A fall guy.

How is it that this guy Schottenheimer can be said to have the most predictable offense in the league,yet his players are telling the world their couldn't understand it because of it's presnap adjustments.

How is it that the people who didn't practice this offense are able to diagnose it so much quicker and better than those who did on a daily basis.

A box of rocks.[/QUOTE]

It's okay, you don't have to protect Sh**ty anymore.....he's gone.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4473292]Coach Sprags is just his nickname but I totally agree isn't it just a little scary what it says about Schotty...:eek:[/QUOTE] I know Jet fans just love to scapegoat Shotty, but if its true, isn't it more disturbing about what it says about Ryan.

I don't understand why most Jet fans are willing to give Ryan a pass. Where was he while all these supposed problems with the offense were going on?. How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. Its not like Rex saw the problem and got rid of it. Based on his own words, it seemed like Rex was ready to bring him back. Again, what does that say about your HC.

Here's what it says. You have no HC. Instead you have a DC who is trotted out to the press conferences because he's very entertaining and keeps the Jets in the media [B]IF[/B] Shotty was as bad as some fans believe, WHERE was Rex for the last 3 years, hiding under his desk, just hoping it would get better by itself?:eek:

All these articles are great PR. They make you think that the Jets now have a true leader of the offense. But they also make you wonder just who the HC of the Jets really is. They are not just throwing Shotty under the bus, but Rex TOO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]All these articles are great PR. They make you think that the Jets now have a true leader of the offense. But they also make you wonder just who the HC of the Jets really is. They are not just throwing Shotty under the bus, but Rex TOO.[/QUOTE]
    The media is not in the business of PR. Far from it. Especially the NY media.

Stop trying to stir the pot and troll the thread Ken. Yes, that's what you're really doing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't happy with the hire at the time but I guess only time will tell. As with a lot of other coaches and or players when he was with a rival he was a bum and an idiot, now with the jets he's great.

I like his no nonsense attitude but this will be tested when things go wrong. The other worry is that for a running/ground and pound coach the phins did not have great overall running games when he was there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4473545]I know Jet fans just love to scapegoat Shotty, but if its true, isn't it more disturbing about what it says about Ryan.

I don't understand why most Jet fans are willing to give Ryan a pass. Where was he while all these supposed problems with the offense were going on?. How quickly people forget that Shotty was given a "ringing endorsement" at the end of the season. It was HE who left for the Rams. Its not like Rex saw the problem and got rid of it. Based on his own words, it seemed like Rex was ready to bring him back. Again, what does that say about your HC.

Here's what it says. You have no HC. Instead you have a DC who is trotted out to the press conferences because he's very entertaining and keeps the Jets in the media [B]IF[/B] Shotty was as bad as some fans believe, WHERE was Rex for the last 3 years, hiding under his desk, just hoping it would get better by itself?:eek:

All these articles are great PR. They make you think that the Jets now have a true leader of the offense. But they also make you wonder just who the HC of the Jets really is. They are not just throwing Shotty under the bus, but Rex TOO.[/QUOTE]
    What's your point? Now we have an OC with a proven track record that can handle the responsibility of running the offense by himself. It was no secret that Rex gave Shotty autonomy. So he's loyal to a fault. That's his biggest problem. Now let "Sprags" ;) run the offense, and we have a DC with a head coach title. So what? The problems started when Rex gave to much responsibility to Pettine, and had to start worrying about the offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4473559]I wasn't happy with the hire at the time but I guess only time will tell. As with a lot of other coaches and or players when he was with a rival he was a bum and an idiot, now with the jets he's great.

I like his no nonsense attitude but this will be tested when things go wrong. The other worry is that for a running/ground and pound coach the phins did not have great overall running games when he was there.[/QUOTE]

I don't love him as a head coach, but he was a good enough OC to land a HC job. We need someone like that on offense that doesn't need a HC to motivate him, so Rex can go back to concentrating on D