Thread: Dear JETS .... Please keep the Titans Throwbacks !!

Dear JETS .... Please keep the Titans Throwbacks !!

Just sayin... Pfffft

Screw that!! They suck ****. I heard they have been thrown into a big box and set on fire. Thank God for that.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The Jets won't have any throwbacks for a couple of years. It's all about merchandising, all about selling jerseys, and the fact that we have these "new" Nike jerseys means that until they've sold enough of those there's no need to give Jets fans additional choices. It'll play out like this:

2012: New Nike Jerseys available. Problem is they fit funny and there isn't a particular Jet player that fans want to get behind. Won't sell enough to cover projections, will be overstocked.

2013: Leftover 2012 inventory will still be available, low reorders after tough season will make the Jets items miss projections, NY/NJ Super Bowl merchandise readily available for the typical NY metro fan including Nike SB commemorative jerseys.

2014: Inventory is finally balanced, the post-Super Bowl funk hits the fanbase, they're looking for something new to buy, Nike and the Jets will introduce an alternate jersey.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets won't have any throwbacks for a couple of years. It's all about merchandising, all about selling jerseys, and the fact that we have these "new" Nike jerseys means that until they've sold enough of those there's no need to give Jets fans additional choices. It'll play out like this:

2012: New Nike Jerseys available. Problem is they fit funny and there isn't a particular Jet player that fans want to get behind. Won't sell enough to cover projections, will be overstocked.

2013: Leftover 2012 inventory will still be available, low reorders after tough season will make the Jets items miss projections, NY/NJ Super Bowl merchandise readily available for the typical NY metro fan including Nike SB commemorative jerseys.

2014: Inventory is finally balanced, the post-Super Bowl funk hits the fanbase, they're looking for something new to buy, Nike and the Jets will introduce an alternate jersey.

SAR I
    Best news yet. At least for a few years nothing to worry about. I for one have no use at all for throwbacks or alternate jerseys. Seems pointless to me. Keep the current jersey until the year 3000.

Jets Insider VIP
    I hated the jersies but didn't the Jets have a pretty impressive W-L record when wearing them?

Veteran
    I know this thread is a joke and that I'm essentially crucifying myself here, but I've always liked the Titans throwbacks and I think the 80's era Jets Uni's were always hideous.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I know this thread is a joke and that I'm essentially crucifying myself here, but I've always liked the Titans throwbacks and I think the 80's era Jets Uni's were always hideous.

The white ones weren't half bad; the blue ones were flat-out ugly. Needed more contrast on the numbers. Mustard on navy, blech.

SAR I

All Pro
    The Jets had a better winning % wearing them than those fancy Irish nightshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    You know what I agree with you. The white throwbacks were cool. The blue ones were ok but not that flash. Other teams' throwbacks like the Broncos' and Steelers' would look better suited on fairy jockeys in the Kentucky derby