Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heading to see the Jets, need some help

Jets Insider VIP
    The Ace is a great upgrade. Since you are still near Penn...take the train.

And since you are in the 20s if you want to have a really great dining experience on Friday lunch or dinner...head a bit further south to either 11Madison Park (25th)...Gramercy Tavern(20th)...or Union Sq Cafe (16th)....

For terrific BBQ....Blue Smoke

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Undrafted Free Agent
    Try the Hilton garden inn on 34th ... Straight across from Macy's. Get the empire state view. Short walk to Penn for train to meadowlands. .... All worked out well for me when I went to see the Texans game in 2010. I hope the game you see is half as good as that one.

Cheers all for the advice, trip pretty well sorted. Really looking forward to it. I'll go dark on this thread now till nearer the time, but you have all helped make me feel that I can plan what I need to do to get to the game, get good eats, and have fun.

Cheers chaps

Quote Originally Posted by duffyma View Post
    Cheers all for the advice, trip pretty well sorted. Really looking forward to it. I'll go dark on this thread now till nearer the time, but you have all helped make me feel that I can plan what I need to do to get to the game, get good eats, and have fun.

Cheers chaps
    Before you dark, any thoughts on Hayden Smith? Seems like playing in the world cup is a pretty big deal and even if you aren't a rugger you may have heard about him.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You've immeasurably changed the trajectory of your holiday. The Ace Hotel is 10x better than the Hotel Pennsylvania. For whatever reason, foreigners seem to want to be near Penn Station - I have no idea why. I can't imagine there ever being a repeat stay at that hotel - but I guess enough ppl come here on holiday and decide to stay there that it is still in business.

And while us NY/NJites can argue about the traffic (SAR is wrong btw), it won't matter to you. If you take the bus or the train, you are basically bypassing the traffic, so don't worry about it if that was a concern of yours.

As someone suggested, there are "pay" tailgates that provide you with food and drink for a fixed price. The only one I know of (but have never attended personally) is Tailgate Joe (google him) - he posts on here and from what the feedback has been, he tries damn hard, does a great job and is a very good host.
    Thanks so much for the kind words here, about TGJ. We definitely do try hard to make sure everyone has the same great experience we do every week!

Quote Originally Posted by TGJoe View Post
    Thanks so much for the kind words here, about TGJ. We definitely do try hard to make sure everyone has the same great experience we do every week!
    If you are a stranger in a strange land TGJoe is the way to go. Hooked up with him for the Philly game last year and the crowd was great as was he (although he was kind of whiney about trying to give his nephew Jello shots )

Can't go wrong with Joe!

Well my ticket turned up this week. I thought I had overpaid by tons, but turns out the guy selling the ticket was pretty reasonable. Really pumped for this now, cannot wait

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I don't want to derail this thread because it's not what it's about, but Vegas oddsmakers will have us at 4-6 at best by Week 12 and we'll have the impossible task to win-out just to eke out a wildcard berth going into the New England game.

I myself am as diehard as it gets, but if we're sitting with that type of hopeless, losing record I'm not going to put my family through a convoluted Thanksgiving holiday just to accommodate my need to hit the stadium and boo Rex Ryan. Based on past Jets seasons such as this, I'm fairly confident that the stadium will be 40% empty and the game a miserable dud.

I recommended that the OP reconsider and come to Week 1 instead as there is zero risk of it being a meaningless game, the stadium will be packed and electric, the weather cooperative, the traffic low, NYC not shut down for a big holiday, etc.

Anyway, let's make that the last post in this thread on negativity, help the guy navigate his November game choice instead.

SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by duffyma View Post

I don't give a flying F about what SAR is saying, even if we are 4-6, which we won't be, a Pats game will be amazing.
    Hey Duffy, how was the game?

Saw this quote in the Post this morning, made me think of this thread:

-----------------------------

Ben Drizen, 26, and his gal pal Kate Woodhead, 26, came all the way from Britain to see the Jets play and were amazed by their ineptitude.

“One of the main reasons we made this trip was to watch an American football game — but that game was appalling,” Drizen said at the Jets Shop yesterday. “The game was so embarrassing that people began leaving after 40 minutes.”

----------------------------

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hey Duffy, how was the game?

Saw this quote in the Post this morning, made me think of this thread:

-----------------------------

Ben Drizen, 26, and his gal pal Kate Woodhead, 26, came all the way from Britain to see the Jets play and were amazed by their ineptitude.

“One of the main reasons we made this trip was to watch an American football game — but that game was appalling,” Drizen said at the Jets Shop yesterday. “The game was so embarrassing that people began leaving after 40 minutes.”

----------------------------

SAR I
    Very well played! And Duffy, sorry you had to watch that miserable game. Happy Thanksgiving to all, regardless.

Ouch

I actually had to cancel my trip in the end Life took some weird turns so I sold my ticket on. I was up at 1:30 UK time to watch, was back in bed by 2:30