Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential 2 TE Set for Sparano? (Kellen Winslow on the outs in Tampa)

NO WAY ON WINSLOW! Send that "soldier" to Afghanistan where he can be humbled by true heroes.

OR....Metlife can hire him to do motorcycle stunts during halftime....just a thought
    Last edited by Monster_Green; 05-21-2012 at 02:34 PM.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4473768]Jets need a blocking TE.

[/QUOTE]

I wish the Jets could have traded for Andre Smith who was put on waivers by the Bears. The Colts got him.

Or Brody Eldridge who the Colts released & Rams picked up.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4473754]=======================================

What's the injury issue?

He played in all games the last 3 seasons.

28 years old.

[B]He's a warrior[/B]![/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD54811F694E5FFB9[/url]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4473817]How is cumberland as a blocker? Im pretty sure he is more the athletic, receiving type TE then a blocking TE, which isn't a great fit with keller.

Hopefully we address the blocking TE with some of the cap space we have once TC cuts start to happen.[/QUOTE]

Jeff is like Gronk; very big.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... N.O. ...

... we need to pick up a blocking TE ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;4473840]I wish the Jets could have traded for Andre Smith who was put on waivers by the Bears. The Colts got him.

Or Brody Eldridge who the Colts released & Rams picked up.[/QUOTE]

Jets did put in a waiver claim on Eldridge, alas the Rams had priority.

I think Josh Baker has earned a right to get more playing time at Tight End next year. Super Athletic, great hands and isnt afraid to get in there and block. along with playing special teams

pass,he's got an attitude problem has since college..(although he was a great Cane)

between Cumberland,Baker and the Aussie i'm ok with the backup te

Keller and Winslow. Perfect together. Two guys who can't block a lick. Ideal for ground and pound.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4473747]Old, injured. Yeah, lets pick him up.[/QUOTE]

:P:P

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4473950]Keller and Winslow. Perfect together. Two guys who can't block a lick. Ideal for ground and pound.[/QUOTE]

:P

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4473794]Um...........................
    Ill start with:

Broken Leg resulting in 2 surgeries
    Torn acl
    Microfracture surgery on knee

but besides that, hes a picture of health.[/QUOTE]
    Didn't he also miss a few weeks with swollen Testicles?

*Edit* Yeah here it is:
    [url]http://deadspin.com/5061761/kellen-winslows-out-withswollen-testicles[/url]

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4473923][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82BPA5QAaQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLD54811F694E5FFB9[/url][/QUOTE]

we could use some of this mentality.

Jets have Keller already. The backups are #82 Smith, # 45 Baker @ # 86 Cumberland.. I also like Rookie Linthicum(spelling) from Mich st ...

Depth Chart

1 Keller
    2 Smith
    3 Baker
    4 Cumberland
    5 Linthicum( take a check ) u see me???

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4473768]Jets need a blocking TE.

Winslow can't block worth crap.[/QUOTE]

Him and Santonio on the same team would be freakin fabulous. What a clubhouse!!

And he can't block for crap. So we can got 2 TE ground and get pounded.

Undrafted Free Agent
    surely there has to be a better video than one block in college if hes being qualified as a beast :zzz:

[QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;4473946]pass,he's got an attitude problem has since college..(although he was a great Cane)

between Cumberland,Baker and the Aussie i'm ok with the backup te[/QUOTE]
    Let this douche go to Denver. The Jets have enough at TE, Baker's blocking looks decent. Save the money and instead re-sign BE for cheap.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4473941]I think Josh Baker has earned a right to get more playing time at Tight End next year. Super Athletic, great hands and isnt afraid to get in there and block. along with playing special teams[/QUOTE]They gotta get #45 involved. I bet Sparano is onto him, POSSIBLY.

[QUOTE=palmetto defender;4473950]Keller and Winslow. Perfect together. Two guys who can't block a lick. Ideal for ground and pound.[/QUOTE]LOL

I mean, :(

[QUOTE=WaffleShark;4473995]surely there has to be a better video than one block in college if hes being qualified as a beast :zzz:[/QUOTE]

lolza

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4473972]Jets have Keller already. The backups are #82 Smith, # 45 Baker @ # 86 Cumberland.. I also like Rookie Linthicum(spelling) from Mich st ...

Depth Chart

1 Keller
    2 Smith
    3 Baker
    4 Cumberland
    5 Linthicum( take a check ) u see me???[/QUOTE]

What about that rugby dude, is he a TE?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=NYJETS3233;4473941]I think Josh Baker has earned a right to get more playing time at Tight End next year. Super Athletic, great hands and isnt afraid to get in there and block. along with playing special teams[/QUOTE]
    This.

Fans need to recognize what this guy can do. He never seems to get mentioned here except for a select few posters.