Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taboo Tebow News

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4474048]Sighhhh.. the faster they trade Tebow to the Jaguars for a Christian to be named later, the better IMO.

and dont' get me wrong...I like his addition as a WC QB, FB, H-Back and TE to the Offense... but these Tebow groupies are gonna drive us friggin crazy...[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see this board when they announce tebow is the starting QB for the New York Jets and mark was traded or released.............:D

Wonder if the servers would hold up........:yes:

Keep that womanizer off the field. He epitomizes the opposite of what it means to be a NY Jet.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4474067]I can't wait to see this board when they announce tebow is the starting QB for the New York Jets and mark was traded or released.............:D

Wonder if the servers would hold up........:yes:[/QUOTE]

there are over 20,000,000 reasons why the Jets won't cutting or trading Sanchez this year. That number drops to about 8,000,000 next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=RazorJet;4474027]Limo likes the naughty boys.:D
    And I thought you were Miss Jackson when they're nasty.[/QUOTE]

I give the kid credit for sticking to his beliefs. He's making a conscience choice & wants to experience his first time with his wife. That's all well and good, but somebody needs to NY life coach him up. His PR people are beyond horrible and is his agent still Jimmy Sexton?

Gawd I hate the offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetrider;4473997]I just find it hilarious to see him trip and stumble his way through the media jungle that is NY.

SNL will have endless material.

If Jets fans don't love him the media sure will.[/QUOTE]

I find it more hilarious that some fans are so moronic that they openly root for players on their team to fail at every turn.

And think that it makes them "cool", instead of the obvious. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Snell41;4474009]Tim Tebow and all you Teblowers are in for a rude awakening here in NY. Exverywhere he goes will be scrutinized. He better be as pure and squeaky clean as the image he tries to project or else he will be outed here. NY meets everyone with skepticism at best, and seeing a guy who's willing to take a pic like this turn around and want it removed from Twitter because it doesn't jive with the public image he portrays only serves to deepen that skepticism. As for his performance on the field-just take a look at how Jets fans treat a kid who led the Jets to an AFC championship in his first 2 years in the league. One thing is for sure, Tebow's 7-4 season performance with a relatively quick playoff exit where he got thoroughly spanked won't win him any praise around here. Trust me, this town loves nothing more than to see guys like Tebow fall off their pedestals...hard.[/QUOTE]

There's a certain dick headed jealous portion of society that hates to see some people succeed. They want to bring those people down to their pathetic loser like levels. Some do it with Sanchez, others with Tebow.

The same stupid type though. This town or any other town.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474200]I find it more hilarious that some fans are so moronic that they openly root for players on their team to fail at every turn.

And think that it makes them "cool", instead of the obvious. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I want players that are pitt bull, bone hungry for the pigskin. If Tebow's people were smart they would focus on that aspect of his career instead of trying to develop a tabloid cult following. I hope he turns out to be a contributor on the team, but so far all I'm seeing and reading is diva stories about this guy.

When is the first preseason game again?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474214]I want players that are pitt bull, bone hungry for the pigskin. If Tebow's people were smart they would focus on that aspect of his career instead of trying to develop a tabloid cult following. I hope he turns out to be a contributor on the team, but so far all I'm seeing and reading is diva stories about this guy.

When is the first preseason game again?[/QUOTE]

Who cares what his people do to keep his image intact? What exactly does any of this off season at a play nonsense have to do with success on the football field? If the picture was left on twitter or removed what exactly changes for him, how does it effect the way he plays the game? If Tebow is or isn't a virgin what changes?

It's just fans who over think everything, thinking players give a damn about the same nonsense some fans think is important.

Agree though, we need games or full camp at the least.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-21-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474219]Who cares what his people do to keep his image intact? What exactly does any of this off season at a play nonsense have to do with success on the football field? If the picture was left on twitter or removed what exactly changes for him, how does it effect the way he plays the game? If Tebow is or isn't a virgin what changes?

It's just fans who over think everything, thinking players give a damn about the same nonsense some fans think is important.

Agree though, we need games or full camp at the least.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm in the minority class of people who honestly doesn't give a damn about the same nonsense that players think are important unless there concern is how to do their jobs better in order to win.

I attend charity events, team social functions and NFL games. Everything else is fodder for the masses. Any truth to the USFL starting up again?

(-;

[QUOTE=NxYxJets;4473982]You believe everything you read? I doubt he would ask them to remove the pic/tweet. It was a harmless photo op. IMO, this is a non-story, someone trying to stir up nothing. No, I am not a Tebow defender.[/QUOTE]
    +1

what's the whole point of all this?

zzzzz........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474237]Thank you. I'm in the minority class of people who honestly doesn't give a damn about the same nonsense that players think are important unless there concern is how to do their jobs better in order to win.

I attend charity events, team social functions and NFL games. Everything else is fodder for the masses. Any truth to the USFL starting up again?

(-;[/QUOTE]

By all accounts the guy is a tireless worker. I don't want to see him anywhere near the starting QB position though. No one has ever questioned his work ethic, he's already being praised by Jet players for being in the weight room etc. He's been working as hard as any player to improve but that message is lost on those who want to knock him at every turn. That he doesn't want his pic out there or a tee depicting him as Jesus out there doesn't say he's more or less concerned about winning than the next guy.

So I have to admit, I don't get your point. Other than if you don't like him you'll find any reason to question his commitment?
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-21-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4474240]+1

what's the whole point of all this?

zzzzz........[/QUOTE]

Other than another goofy reason for the anti Tebow faction to roll their eyes over nonsense that means nothing in the grand scheme of things? :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474253]By all accounts the guy is a tireless worker. I don't want to see him anywhere near the starting QB position though. No one has ever questioned his work ethic, he's already being praised by Jet players for being in the weight room etc. He's been working as hard as any player to improve but that message is lost on those who want to knock him at every turn. That he doesn't want his pic out there or a tee depicting him as Jesus out there doesn't say he's more or less concerned about winning than the next guy.

So I have to admit, I don't get your point. Other than if you don't like him you'll find any reason to question his commitment?[/QUOTE]

After I meet him I will be able to say whether or not I like him, but my point is it's hard to differentiate when the jux of news is more about building a Tebow cult following instead of a team football following. Who is in charge of that?

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474200]I find it more hilarious that some fans are so moronic that they openly root for players on their team to fail at every turn.

And think that it makes them "cool", instead of the obvious. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

SanchezNutRider does not appear to like Tebow coming into town and stepping on the toes of his true savior, Marky Mark.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474276]After I meet him I will be able to say whether or not I like him, but my point is it's hard to differentiate when the jux of news is more about building a Tebow cult following instead of a team football following. Who is in charge of that?[/QUOTE]

Who's in charge of what?

You're perception that he's trying to build a cult following?

It's pretty basic sh1t at work here. The guy is religious. The religious zealots will love him no matter what he does.

And those who resent his religious beliefs will hate him for that reason.

Just because no one in the press has the balls to just say it doesn't mean it isn't obvious. What exactly has Tebow done wrong here. Gone to a play? With a guy who also is friends with Sanchez? Are we that lame to get up in arms over that. Didn't want his name, Jet colors and Jesus all on a tee shirt? Oh wow, the self promoting slob!!!!

Only here can a guy NOT trying to drum attention to himslef, trying to keep his face and name out of the limelight comes under scrutiny and questioned over the image he's portraying.

Really?

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474276]After I meet him I will be able to say whether or not I like him, but my point is it's hard to differentiate when the jux of news is more about building a Tebow cult following instead of a team football following. Who is in charge of that?[/QUOTE]

we should have an automated relocation of any Tebow thread to the garbage dump. This guy has contributed nothing yet. Don't understand the obsession with starting threads about this backup player.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474286]Who's in charge of what?

It's pretty basic sh1t at work here. The guy is religious. The religious zealots will love him no matter what he does.

Just because no one in the press has the balls to just say it doesn't mean it isn't obvious. What exactly has Tebow done wrong here. Gone to a play? With a guy who also is friends with Sanchez? Are we that lame to get up in arms over that. Didn't want his name, Jet colors and Jesus all on a tee shirt? Oh wow, the self promoting slob!!!!

Only here can a guy NOT trying to drum attention to himslef, trying to keep his face and name out of the limelight comes under scrutiny and questioned over the image he's portraying.

Really?[/QUOTE]

+1, you are killing this thread... you don't have to be a Tebot to find this entire thread utterly absurd.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4474290]+1, you are killing this thread... you don't have to be a Tebot to find this entire thread utterly absurd.[/QUOTE]

Really, people keep starting threads, bringing him into threads that don't have anything to do with him, repeating themselves over and over again about a player that they haven't seen play a single down of football as a Jet.

And then b1tch and moan that he gets too much ink. And play all of this with a double standard. :eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474286]Who's in charge of what?

Really?[/QUOTE]

Who is in charge of making all these PR moves? Tebow went backstage to a play, posed for pics with cast members and now wants pic off Twitter. If the team has a pic of him getting sacked at practice, will his lawyers issue a ceast and desist because it's not the image he wants to portray? We'll just have to see how this all plays out in camp.

I do wish him luck in succeeding on the field.
    Last edited by Limolady; 05-22-2012 at 12:17 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4474285]SanchezNutRider does not appear to like Tebow coming into town and stepping on the toes of his true savior, Marky Mark.[/QUOTE]

I don't dislike Tebow, I hope he plays a huge role for us.

I just find it comical that Tebow in NY is like Ishmael in [i]Kingpin[/i], and at the rate he's going, I won't be surprised if he gets more "exposed" than Brett Favre did.