Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Nation of Fata**es...

Jets Insider VIP

A Nation of Fata**es...

[url]http://www.newser.com/story/146448/nearly-25-of-teens-face-diabetes.html[/url]

[QUOTE]Turns out the kids aren't alright: A quarter of American teenagers have diabetes or prediabetes, a 9% rise from ten years ago, a new study says. Researchers stumbled on the find while analyzing data on nearly 3,400 adolescents, trying to explain their susceptibility to cardiovascular disease. Teen rates of high cholesterol, hypertension, and obesity were all about the same—but the diabetes numbers jumped out, the Washington Post reports.

The study found a steady rise since 1999, but didn't break down the diabetes data—between Type 1 and Type 2, say, or degrees of severity. The authors do make a suggestion, however: diabetes screenings for kids 10 and up who are overweight or have other risk factors. “These numbers are very high," said CDC researcher Ashleigh May, one of the authors. "I think parents have the opportunity to encourage their children to engage in healthy lifestyles." [/QUOTE]

1 in 4.

That's un-freaking-believable.

As a parent of a 3 and 5 year old, it makes you wonder just what in tarnation these "parents" are feeding their children. It's extremely easy to give you kids healthy food. You simply place the healthy food in front of them. Their kids. They can't cook for themselves. Sure...they may not want carrot sticks at first, but they'll eventually get hungry.

If my kids start overeating when they're teenagers, I'll just flood their FB page with pictures of fat people until they're shamed into eating less. It's harsh...but obesity isn't simply a self-image issue. It's unhealthy and, quite frankly, deadly.

"Does this shirt make me look fat?"

"No. Not the shirt. Your back fat makes you look fat. Stop putting food in your mouth. It's really that easy."
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 05-21-2012 at 06:59 PM.

That's horse**** lol... You really think that's an accurate statistic?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4474056]"Stop putting food in your mouth. It's really that easy."[/QUOTE]

Aye, and the answer to poverty is "Get off your ass and get a job you lazy leaching ****".

Right?

I can't speak for fat kids, I got fat as an adult. Teenage-style eating + discovery of beer and liquor - teenage levels of physical activity = Fat Fish Fast. Losing it, not so easy, but I DO agree, it's on me.

Just like poverty is on the poor.

There are so many reasons for this problem. Lack of parental supervision, lack of exercise fat genes being passed on from generation to generation. When some of us were growing up sitting around watching TV or having a playstation were not heard of. We have become a country of couch potatoes.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4474156]Aye, and the answer to poverty is "Get off your ass and get a job you lazy leaching ****".

Right?

I can't speak for fat kids, I got fat as an adult. Teenage-style eating + discovery of beer and liquor - teenage levels of physical activity = Fat Fish Fast. Losing it, not so easy, but I DO agree, it's on me.

Just like poverty is on the poor.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, we were athletes that do office work. I'm just now down to 260. Was a ***** and I'm younger...

Jets Insider VIP
    Why do people eat so much?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4474189]Why do people eat so much?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

Mine was drinking and only eating once or twice... My body wasn't used to it and turned everything to fat...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It's all the parents fault. Horrendous, lazy parenting. PK is 100% right, if kids are hungry, they'll eat the vegetables in front of them. I love parents who say their kids are picky. They're not picky, they're spoiled and enabled by their fat **** parents.

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4474208]It's all the parents fault. Horrendous, lazy parenting. PK is 100% right, if kids are hungry, they'll eat the vegetables in front of them. I love parents who say their kids are picky. They're not picky, they're spoiled and enabled by their fat **** parents.[/QUOTE]

I am constantly getting my kids to try different foods, luckily they both love fruits and veggies. They also like candy but they aren't too bad with it. My 4 year old ate cantaloupe and honeydew instead of birthday cake and it was by his choice not mine.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4474189]Why do people eat so much?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...[/QUOTE]

No access to meth or coke? :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=cr726;4474227]I am constantly getting my kids to try different foods, luckily they both love fruits and veggies. They also like candy but they aren't too bad with it. [B]My 4 year old ate cantaloupe and honeydew instead of birthday cake and it was by his choice not mine.[/B][/QUOTE]

Alright, that's just weird. :D

[QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4474243]Alright, that's just weird. :D[/QUOTE]

All the mothers were asking how do I get him to eat that instead of the cake, I don't. :D

Some parents either dont give a crap or are just not that smart. I see small children drinking sodas and garbage like that all the time. It is one thing to give a kid a piece of cake at a birthday party. Its a whole different level to feed them colas with lunch and dinner. This stuff is all about bad parenting. My kids have never tasted cola or any other sugar drink.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4474266]Some parents either dont give a crap or are just not that smart. I see small children drinking sodas and garbage like that all the time. It is one thing to give a kid a piece of cake at a birthday party. Its a whole different level to feed them colas with lunch and dinner. This stuff is all about bad parenting. My kids have never tasted cola or any other sugar drink.[/QUOTE]

Todd Maranovich was raised the same way and look how well he turned out. :huh:

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4474070]That's horse**** lol... You really think that's an accurate statistic?[/QUOTE]

Go check out a high school some time. Lots of fat kids there.

[QUOTE=adb280z;4474310]Go check out a high school some time. Lots of fat kids there.[/QUOTE]

Fat people having fat kids. USA USA USA

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;4474180]There are so many reasons for this problem. Lack of parental supervision, lack of exercise fat genes being passed on from generation to generation. When some of us were growing up sitting around watching TV or having a playstation were not heard of. [B]We have become a country of couch potatoes[/B].[/QUOTE]

We're an elite race

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cr726;4474227]I am constantly getting my kids to try different foods, luckily they both love fruits and veggies. They also like candy but they aren't too bad with it. My 4 year old ate cantaloupe and honeydew instead of birthday cake and it was by his choice not mine.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.cakepicturegallery.com/d/59563-1/Melon+birthday+cake+with+candles.JPG[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1426/870909264_695c187b30.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4474380]We're an elite race[/QUOTE]

We're Top 5.

I dont think its bad parenting at all. I blame technology. We have made everything so easy.

TV remotes.
    Snow blowers.
    Garage door openers.
    Riding mowers.
    Online shopping.
    Leaf blowers.
    Digital entertainment.

We now have a generation that really doesn't even grasp the concept of physical labor. Of having to get off the couch to get things done.
    Last edited by FF2; 05-22-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4474208]It's all the parents fault. Horrendous, lazy parenting. PK is 100% right, if kids are hungry, they'll eat the vegetables in front of them. I love parents who say their kids are picky. They're not picky, they're spoiled and enabled by their fat **** parents.[/QUOTE]

On the same line as all these kids newly discoverd to have "ADD or ADHD".

Spare me...lazy parents need a name for something when they are unwilling to discipline their children.

My mother, a single parent, ruled the house with NO QUESTION. Step out of line??? You got dealt with swiftly. I dont understand parents that let their children run around restaurants, stores etc....