Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Laron Landry missed first ota

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Laron Landry missed first ota

Still rehabbing, tanny says he should be ready for regular season but will be a challenge. Now I see why they signed bell

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex has gotta be peeved
    I understand the guy's hurt but you'd think he'd at least show up for the classroom sessions to learn the new defense

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way he makes it through the season. Good thing his contract is based on how many games he actually plays. He should've just gone with the surgery.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure which one is the worst signing, Landry or Hunter?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4474068]Still rehabbing, tanny says he should be ready for regular season but will be a challenge. Now I see why they signed bell[/QUOTE]

What are the details of Landry's contract? I think it is based on games play as the other posted suggested. Hopefully that is the case.

Either way, this is not a good sign. I don't understand why he just doesn't get the surgery. It obviously is not that bad b.c he has been playing on it. His recovery time would not have been bad and it would be fixed. Achilles is a bad injury but it is not a death sentence anymore. If he would have gotten it done at end of last season he would be fine by now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be possible this guy can't even walk right now? You would think he's not at OTA's because he can't walk to and from the atlantic health center? This guy shouldn't even be counted on to get to TC let alone the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should at least be here learning the playbook. Wouldn't be shocked if he isn't on the opening day roster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETFAN1;4474089][B]Could it be possible this guy can't even walk right now?[/B] You would think he's not at OTA's because he can't walk to and from the atlantic health center? This guy shouldn't even be counted on to get to TC let alone the team.[/QUOTE]

If that's true, why not just sign Braylon dirt cheap and have him sit in on all of the new offensive meetings?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4474097]If that's true, why not just sign Braylon dirt cheap and have him sit in on all of the new offensive meetings?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but wouldn't be a bad idea..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4474097]If that's true, why not just sign Braylon dirt cheap and have him sit in on all of the new offensive meetings?[/QUOTE]

Probably because they needed a safety so bad they took a flier hoping he will be healthy, if he isn't he doesn't get paid

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't a surprise. He did the same thing last season in washington.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read that he doesn't usually participate in offseason activities that are voluntary, I'm sure the Jets knew that when they signed him. Or he could be rehabbing, not as big a deal as some are making it sound.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets need safties soooo bad right now. More than offensive line.

Can we trade back for Kerry Rhodes?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4474148]Jets need safties soooo bad right now. More than offensive line.

Can we trade back for Kerry Rhodes?[/QUOTE]

:confused:

The Jets have signed Landry and Bell, and have drafted Bush and Allen??

What more do you want?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4474151]:confused:

The Jets have signed Landry and Bell, and have drafted Bush and Allen??

What more do you want?[/QUOTE]
    Yeah man let's not panic. Jets have been very proactive. Let's have some sense of proportion here...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4474077]No way he makes it through the season. Good thing his contract is based on how many games he actually plays. He should've just gone with the surgery.[/QUOTE]

Who cares what his contract is based on? It's a one year deal so it doesn't matter. If he's hurt yeah we don't have to pay some of the money but it still hurts us because we could have went in a different direction when players were still available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    landry got injured playing x-box

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4474148]Jets need safties soooo bad right now. More than offensive line.

[IMG]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-see-what-you-did-there.png[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Because it doesn't make any sense?

Other than that?.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Really?

How many do you think they should carry?

15 or 20?

Nothing like JI to over react and panic because an injured player wont be back for OTAs.