Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Laron Landry missed first ota

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4474111]I've read that he doesn't usually participate in offseason activities that are voluntary, I'm sure the Jets knew that when they signed him. Or he could be rehabbing, not as big a deal as some are making it sound.[/QUOTE]

This was said weeks ago.

Apparently most didn't get the memo.

All Pro
    I guess the eye of newt didn't work....weird.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=David Harris;4474193]I guess the eye of newt didn't work....weird.[/QUOTE]

The Evil Eye usually works...

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474190]Really?

How many do you think they should carry?

15 or 20?

Nothing like JI to over react and panic because an injured player wont be back for OTAs.[/QUOTE]

So I see SAR gets a pass for all this stuff. But me I get the cold shoulder.

Landry got hurt in Dec 2011 ... He's not with Redskins because they wanted him to have Surgery ... He went the Rehab route.... The Jets know he'll be pushing it to be ready for the opener... That's why his whole Contract is based to pay him 250,000 per game... If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid... Jets also put in his Contract they can't Franchise him... No Risk at all for the Jets... Can't get Surgery now or he'll miss the Season
    Last edited by hollywoodjet; 05-21-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4474198]So I see SAR gets a pass for all this stuff. But me I get the cold shoulder.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't get a pass. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4474198]So I see SAR gets a pass for all this stuff. But me I get the cold shoulder.[/QUOTE]

SAR gets a pass because even though he doesn't talk about it much, has suffers from a very rare disease, HCHS - Head Coach Haters Syndrome. Usually he's fine when treated with the NYJ playing into the post season and meds, but one wrong move by a head coach and he snaps.

Keep your hands away from his mouth, don't make sudden moves and whatever you do, don't bring up Herm Edwards if you find yourself alone with him.

(-;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474225]HCHS - Head Coach Haters Syndrome. Usually he's fine when treated with the NYJ playing into the post season and meds, but one wrong move by a head coach and he snaps.[/QUOTE]

[B][I]Translation:[/I][/B] No understanding of the game

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4474151]:confused:

The Jets have signed Landry and Bell, and have drafted Bush and Allen??

What more do you want?[/QUOTE]

For once, I agree with you.

Yeah, let's bring back Rhodes, a soft, diva-like safety who couldn't make it in Rex Ryan's (of all people's) scheme. He'd be a perfect best bud for Holmes and could definitely match up with Gronk physically :rolleyes:

I have confidence they'll bring Landry along slowly and he'll, fingers crossed, stay healthy this season. I'm also really excited about Bush and Allen, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two ending up starting this year, though.

[QUOTE=bcess;4474106]Probably because they needed a safety so bad they took a flier hoping he will be healthy, if he isn't he doesn't get paid[/QUOTE]

His contract was 2 mill guaranteed, and 100,000 for every game he suits up

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474225]SAR gets a pass because even though he doesn't talk about it much, has suffers from a very rare disease, HCHS - Head Coach Haters Syndrome. Usually he's fine when treated with the NYJ playing into the post season and meds, but one wrong move by a head coach and he snaps.

Keep your hands away from his mouth, don't make sudden moves and whatever you do, don't bring up Herm Edwards if you find yourself alone with him.

(-;[/QUOTE]

Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards! Herman Edwards!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474229][B][I]Translation:[/I][/B] No understanding of the game[/QUOTE]

SAR actually has quite a brilliant football mind and I'd hire him in a second to come work for me if I become the 4th woman in NFL history to own a team. Problem is he's a passionate fan which turns into HCHS when disappointed with the on field production.

(-;

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Limolady;4474257]SAR actually has quite a brilliant football mind and I'd hire him in a second to come work for me if I become the 4th woman in NFL history to own a team. Problem is he's a passionate fan which turns into HCHS when disappointed with the on field production.

(-;[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=JETFAN1;4474089]Could it be possible this guy can't even walk right now? You would think he's not at OTA's because he can't walk to and from the atlantic health center? This guy shouldn't even be counted on to get to TC let alone the team.[/QUOTE]

He is walking just fine. Rehabbing in Phoenix..... Would like to see him in OTA's

AZ

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=patman;4474244]His contract was 2 mill guaranteed, and 100,000 for every game he suits up[/QUOTE]

Wrong you troll

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/03/jets_protected_themselves_agai.html?mobRedir=false[/url]

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4474111]I've read that he doesn't usually participate in offseason activities that are voluntary, I'm sure the Jets knew that when they signed him. Or he could be rehabbing, not as big a deal as some are making it sound.[/QUOTE]

Not a big deal? What if, and I know it's the same odds as getting hit in the head with a meteorite and then being devored by a polar bear, the Jets had locker room issues? What if everyone wasn't getting along?

You think some pompous dirt bag walking off the street like some gift from heaven at game time is going to fit in? Be a part of the team?

I have to find the interview but when asked directly about his not showing up for voluntaries just before the signing he committed that he would.

Let's hope he stumbles crossing the street and becomes road kill before he adds to the poison,

[B]pomp·ous/ˈpämpəs/
    [/B]

Adjective:
    [LIST][*]Affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important: "a pompous ass".[*]Characterized by pomp or splendor: "there were many processions and other pompous shows".[/LIST]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4474327]Not a big deal? What if, and I know it's the same odds as getting hit in the head with a meteorite and then being devored by a polar bear, the Jets had locker room issues? What if everyone wasn't getting along?

You think some pompous dirt bag walking off the street like some gift from heaven at game time is going to fit in? Be a part of the team?

I have to find the interview but when asked directly about his not showing up for voluntaries just before the signing he committed that he would.

Let's hope he stumbles crossing the street and becomes road kill before he adds to the poison,

[B]pomp·ous/ˈpämpəs/
    [/B]

Adjective:
    [LIST][*]Affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important: "a pompous ass".[*]Characterized by pomp or splendor: "there were many processions and other pompous shows".[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Pompous dirt bag?

Get a grip on yourself.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4474330]Pompous dirt bag?

Get a grip on yourself.[/QUOTE]

google the quotes from his team mates and coach at signing time. He's holMEs 2011 redux,

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4474171]landry got injured playing x-box[/QUOTE]

Plugging in his controller actually.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4474327]Not a big deal? What if, and I know it's the same odds as getting hit in the head with a meteorite and then being devored by a polar bear, the Jets had locker room issues? What if everyone wasn't getting along?

[B]pomp·ous/ˈpämpəs/
    [/B]

Adjective:
    [LIST][*]Affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important: "a pompous ass".[*]Characterized by pomp or splendor: "there were many processions and other pompous shows".[/LIST][/QUOTE]

We don't know the details dude, for all we know he spoke to Rex and wanted to continue to rehab at his home and he got the team's blessing. If that's not what happened, you're still overreacting. These are voluntary.

And if you have evidence that Landry's been a problem in the lockerroom, please post the articles, because I have not heard that.