Thread: Heading to Hershey Park B****es!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Hershey Park B****es!!!

Asked the wife if we were taking the highway. She thinks I'm immature. :dunno:

Anyone been to the park before and have any tips or suggestions on things to do and places to eat?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The places in the Hershey Lodge are good, but can get crowded (esp. when it rains).

The highway joke is like Uranus jokes: classics. Women - who understands them?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought this was going to be a thread about doots.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You bringing your little squirts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    is Hershey Park (sp?) a park for kids or adults, or some for both?

I'm also getting the fvck out of Dodge on Saturday morning, headin to the Outer Banks. CAN'T WAIT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My take on the Hershey experience is, it's OK for a change - not as good as Orlando and somewhat equivalent to a candy-less trip to Lake George. Hershey products are flogged mercilessly, could be bad if you forbid candy in your house, but perhaps not to the Disney level.

BTW do your kids prefer melon and broccoli to chocolate bars and birthday cake? :rolleyes:

The Hotel Hershey aspires to be a finer experience, you might find it overpriced, same for the park food. I liked the Sunday brunch at HH. The Suites and Lodge are said to be more family friendly. I think when you stay one place to save $ that doesn't have dining and drive around to eat elsewhere, or stay far away from the park it cuts into the time you spend at the park.

Here's some ideas:

[URL]http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g52819-Hershey_Pennsylvania-Vacations.html[/URL]

You could incorpulate a trip to Amish Country or Philly, but I think Philly warrants its own trip.

Ocean City MD is a place I would recommend for a family trip.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 05-22-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Went there several years ago and stayed in "The Chocolate Town Motel." I thought the park itself was very good - clean, with enough good rides for the little ones. And their zoo is very good as well. Made side trips to Amish Country and then Gettysburg and I enjoyed all of it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4474401]Asked the wife if we were taking the highway. She thinks I'm immature. :dunno:

Anyone been to the park before and have any tips or suggestions on things to do and places to eat?[/QUOTE]

I went a few years ago around the holidays with the wee 'uns, we stayed at the Hershey Lodge (which was far less expensive) than the Hershey Hotel.

Can't say much about my experience now since Im having problems remembering any of it (shakes_cane) - Im guessing you're looking more for perspective on what there is to do as far as adults are concerned.

Just don't eat too much chocolate; it is, after all, a natural laxative.

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGaTe9Xu6r3elENMv6RFX-rwzIBZugNfrLiQn6pl_E1ogAjaWveJcQIOVCdA[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Big L;4474438]is Hershey Park (sp?) a park for kids or adults, or some for both?

I'm also getting the fvck out of Dodge on Saturday morning, headin to the Outer Banks. CAN'T WAIT.[/QUOTE]

A friend goes to Ocracoke every other year and he and the wife come back beaming. They're also full of Blackened yellowfin. Which is awesome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was our Disney world as kids. I think my father had a warrant in Florida because he would constantly say trust me this place is heaven compared to disneyworld kids. Same with sesame place....we knew he was lying.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4474439]

incorpulate [/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://files.sharenator.com/Huh_2_Girls_amp_a_Cup_ewww-s300x405-281756-580.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4474589]A friend goes to Ocracoke every other year and he and the wife come back beaming. They're also full of Blackened yellowfin. Which is awesome.[/QUOTE]

When in season, we get pounds of shrimp in the morning caught the night before, already deheaded. Cook it up that afternoon, and it's nothing but shrimp cocktail and beer for hours on end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to skew those childhood obesity numbers for sure, now.

Have fun with the family, Cross!!!:D

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have made several trips to Hershey park with the family. My experience is that it's a good trip for the kids who are of roller coaster riding age.

Also note that this place is mecca for a segment of the population teetering on the rim of morbidly obese. Turkey legs will only keep them quiet for so long before they need a sugar filled IV attached to their scooter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My kids has a blast...its Disney Light. The Amish aren't too far away, show the kids and remind them how lucky they have it as you observe the sullen dudes with funny beards.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    check out Lancaster PA, and the outstanding institution of higher learning F&M

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have had a great time. Todat was the first weekday the park was open.

My son is 5 and has no fear. He wants to go on all of the rides and was not too happy that he wasn't tall enough to go on the big coasters. But he was tall enough to go on quite a few fast rides and he loved them.

We don't keep a lot of candy or snacks around the house. So he didn't have any chocolate until tonight and that was only three Hershey Kisses.

One more day at the park tomorrow before heading home.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to mention: if you take the right route, and like pretzels, you should be able to find outlets that sell fresh pretzels. You can't swing a dead Amish guy without hitting several pretzel factories.