Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Quinton Coples be better than Shaun Ellis?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Quinton Coples be better than Shaun Ellis?

Jets could have a BEAST on their DL.:D :cool:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope so

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if he plays close to his potential then absolutely but Ellis was the definition of consistency.

But yes I think Coples will be much better than Ellis simply because he's faster, stronger, bigger, and more of a threat than Ellis... So long as he puts it all together

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;4474898]I think if he plays close to his potential then absolutely but Ellis was the definition of consistency.

But yes I think Coples will be much better than Ellis simply because he's faster, stronger, bigger, and more of a threat than Ellis... So long as he puts it all together[/QUOTE]

I dont know about stronger, not uet anyway, hope he is, tho

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope he will be..............ellis was very consistent but besides a few pats games was not too dominant............

Imagine the bookends we could have had if abraham did not want to be such a diva......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Ellis was beastly strong even for a man his size. He would manhandle guards and maul tackles. Coples seems more agile, athletic with a higher upside than the Big Katt.

Ellis was deadly in close quarter combat, he had Brady $hitting his pants and the OL sweating buckets.

If Coples puts it all together he could be even more special. He certainly has the physical tools to get there.

But Ellis like Pavillion posted above was the model of consistency and that's no shame at all. He was one of the better Jets during his tenure here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't we revisit this question in a few years after Coples has played in a few dozen NFL games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4474953]Why don't we revisit this question in a few years after Coples has played in a few dozen NFL games.[/QUOTE]

k:rolleyes:

wtf!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need coples to be dominant if we are going to turn things around. Ellis was here for a lomg time. But he was never an elite player. We need coples to be elite. When experts mention difference makers on the defensive side of the ball, they need to be mentioning coples.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love that. And he certainly has the tools.

But let's not forget how good Ellis was (and for how long in a league where longevity is far from the norm).

I think more dominant but with less consistency is the ceiling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be happy if he was as good as Ellis, but I think he will be more dominant tbh. I have high hopes for the kid.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Franko097;4474969]I'd love that. And he certainly has the tools.

But let's not forget how good Ellis was (and for how long in a league where longevity is far from the norm).

I think more dominant but with less consistency is the ceiling.[/QUOTE]

You can say less longevity (Ellis lasted longer than most) but I don't see why it has to be less consistency.

If he's "that good", there's no reason to think he can't be so on a consistent basis . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4474907]I hope he will be..............ellis was very consistent but besides a few pats games was not too dominant............

Imagine the bookends we could have had if abraham did not want to be such a diva......[/QUOTE]

Ellis has good years playing across from Abe, to bad his vagina kept him out if games. Although he was never dominant side from a few games his best quality was that he showed up every week

Btw is that Brian Regan in your avatar? guy is absolutely hilarious

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets all pray he's the next Bruce Smith or Reggie White

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4474895]Jets could have a BEAST on their DL.:D :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well, that's exactly what the Jets are hoping for. If they wanted more guys like Ellis they would have been content having just Wilkerson. They weren't. They wanted a guy who could rush the passer. Except for one very unusual season where Ellis had 12 sacks, Ellis was never really a pass rusher.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mohegangreen;4474987]Lets all pray he's the next Bruce Smith or Reggie White[/QUOTE]

What about N'Dumakong Suh?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4474959]We need coples to be dominant if we are going to turn things around. Ellis was here for a lomg time. But he was never an elite player. We need coples to be elite. When experts mention difference makers on the defensive side of the ball, they need to be mentioning coples.[/QUOTE]

Actually we don't

We were pretty good and a top D without a dominant lineman.

It would be nice, it would make things easier, allow Rex to do more, but not a requirement.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shaun Ellis was never an elite pass rusher, but he was elite in that aspect for 3-4 DE's. Coples is a homerun if he can produce like Ellis did.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Woody56;4474993]Shaun Ellis was never an elite pass rusher, but he was elite in that aspect for 3-4 DE's. Coples is a homerun if he can produce like Ellis did.[/QUOTE]

But Adam Schien said that if he ends up like Ellis its not enough...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4475015]But Adam Schien said that if he ends up like Ellis its not enough...[/QUOTE]

Schien is one of, if not the dumbest, of all NFL media