Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will Quinton Coples be better than Shaun Ellis?

Banned
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4476100]Coples obviously has the potential.[/QUOTE]

So does every player who is drafted into the NFL.

Potential is the reason why they were drafted in the first place.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4476255]So does every player who is drafted into the NFL.

Potential is the reason why they were drafted in the first place.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, really Capt Obvious?

Not all have the same potential.

You know, as in some go as a top ten pick, some go at 200. :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4476261]No kidding, really Capt Obvious?

Not all have the same potential.

You know, as in some go as a top ten pick, some go at 200. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point.

This thread is about comparing Coples "potential" against Ellis's actual NFL "productivity".

Totally ridiculous at this point in time.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4476255]So does every player who is drafted into the NFL.

Potential is the reason why they were drafted in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this was my post, you left out the "no brainer" part in your paraphrase:

"Coples obviously has the potential -- no brainer statement. But who knows if he will ever live up to it. What Jets fans need to be fired up for is new DL coach Karl Dunbar. Great hire by Rex. Great hire. If anyone can get Coples NFL ready and to play to his potential it's Dunbar. Same goes for Ellis and even Mo Wilk."

If keep reading, it's a post about the DL coach who has a great reputation.

Banned
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4476300]Actually, this was my post, you left out the "no brainer" part in your paraphrase:

"Coples obviously has the potential -- no brainer statement. But who knows if he will ever live up to it. What Jets fans need to be fired up for is new DL coach Karl Dunbar. Great hire by Rex. Great hire. If anyone can get Coples NFL ready and to play to his potential it's Dunbar. Same goes for Ellis and even Mo Wilk."

If keep reading, it's a post about the DL coach who has a great reputation.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, Dunbar should be a very good DL coach.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4476252]At what point did I ever say you "hoped" Coples would do poorly? The fact is we have a prospect who was once considered the #1 defensive player in the nation. Was that ever said about Shaun Ellis?

You're right -- "you don't know", which is why your opinion holds no more or less weight than anyone else's. I never said you weren't entitled to have a reserved (aka pessimistic) outlook on our draft pick. But you also shouldn't feel the need to knock anyone else who does . . .

LOL -- do you even read your posts?

Apparently this is your definition of an "accurate appraisal of the situation" and being "objective":

[B][I]Ellis is no longer with the Jets, therefore,[/I][/B][I] [B]by definition he is a piece of garbage and always was.[/B]

[B]Coples looks like the best defensive lineman to ever play the game[/B].

[B]Pick a name,any name, even HOFers - he's better. Faster, stronger, quicker, smarter.[/B]

[B]I understand the folks at Canton have already sent out feelers to discuss early induction. He's just that good.[/B][/I]

Yeah, that sounds like someone who's trying to have an "objective" conversation . . .:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    You do understand that Palmetto Defender was being facetious with that post right? Just how "dumbed down" and low do things have to fly in order to not fly over your head?

Reserved is not the same as pessimistic. Reserved is reserved.

[LIST][*] The glass is half full and the water looks like it tastes great! (Optimistic)[*] The Glass is half empty and the water looks dirty (Pessimistic)[*] It is not clear that the glass is either full or empty and there is also no reliable information about how the water tastes (reserved)[/LIST]

I will go right back at you. Do you even read the posts that you quote before you respond to them?

[B]I said (and you quoted)[/B]

[quote][U]I do not[/U] hope Coples does poorly.

[U]I do not[/U] even think he will do poorly.[/quote][B]And you responded that I have a "pessimistic outlook"[/B]

Reading comprehension is not really your bag is it? You need to help me out here because I really do not see any way to use simpler words for you.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4476252]At what point did I ever say you "hoped" Coples would do poorly? The fact is we have a prospect who was once considered the #1 defensive player in the nation. Was that ever said about Shaun Ellis?

You're right -- "you don't know", which is why your opinion holds no more or less weight than anyone else's. I never said you weren't entitled to have a reserved (aka pessimistic) outlook on our draft pick. But you also shouldn't feel the need to knock anyone else who does . . .

LOL -- do you even read your posts?

Apparently this is your definition of an "accurate appraisal of the situation" and being "objective":

[B][I]Ellis is no longer with the Jets, therefore,[/B] [B]by definition he is a piece of garbage and always was.[/B]

[B]Coples looks like the best defensive lineman to ever play the game[/B].

[B]Pick a name,any name, even HOFers - he's better. Faster, stronger, quicker, smarter.[/B]

[B]I understand the folks at Canton have already sent out feelers to discuss early induction. He's just that good.[/B][/I]

Yeah, that sounds like someone who's trying to have an "objective" conversation . . .:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I can see you never took English courses in college? Attend college?
    It's called hyperbole. It is often used to dispel wild over enthusiasm by one commenting on a topic.
    It is an effective tool which I happen to like. As well as with many comedians (and news analysts) to deal with the insanity of certain topics.
    You can use the expression over statement if you prefer.

Let's see the boy in action. He forgot to play last year. that's always a good sign.