Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If Tebow Wins Us A Super Bowl.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4470840]The legal answer is no and Tebow's lawyers are NUTS!!!!!

The legal theory I assume they are pushing is called appropraition. That is where you take another's likeness or image without permission unfortunately for them Tebow doesn't own the the rights to either the number 15 or the name of Jesus for that matter....

It is all so silly.[/QUOTE]

unless they are dong it on behalf of the Jets who probably did not give permission for such a substantially similar logo to be used.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is definitely a good football move. Look, I am for Sanchez starting, but he has never been pushed before. Tebow's presence will certainly push him. And we will see if Sanchez has it or not. Sooner we find out the better.

With Tebow on the field defenses must account for him and plan for him. Just puts more pressure on the defense. Don't care if he's only a decoy. They must prepare for him. But he won't be only a decoy since he is a good football player.

But the leadership qualities and fact he has won EVERYWHERE he has played go a long way. Guys on the Jets are already seeing his positive impact. If you don't think Tebow is a good football and think it's just for publicity, then you don't know football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ryan's Revenge;4470842]The way some people talk about Sanchez, if I was in a bar and overheard them, and I was Sanchez's brother, I would leave out of embarrassment.

A vet who "has something left in the tank?"[/QUOTE]

Right, the jets needed a Vet at B/U QB to help him along, not to challenge him for the starting role. And if Sanchez is injured to perform at an NFL level.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4470890]unless they are dong it on behalf of the Jets who probably did not give permission for such a substantially similar logo to be used.[/QUOTE]

That's not the Jets logo. Jets have no say in the matter. Nor does Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread was clearly needed...

There haven't been hundreds like it since the trade...

No, no... You're the first...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4470891]Tebow is definitely a good football move. Look, I am for Sanchez starting, but he has never been pushed before. Tebow's presence will certainly push him. And we will see if Sanchez has it or not. Sooner we find out the better.

With Tebow on the field defenses must account for him and plan for him. Just puts more pressure on the defense. Don't care if he's only a decoy. They must prepare for him. But he won't be only a decoy since he is a good football player.

But the leadership qualities and fact he has won EVERYWHERE he has played go a long way. Guys on the Jets are already seeing his positive impact. If you don't think Tebow is a good football and think it's just for publicity, then you don't know football.[/QUOTE]

What is know is that Rex at the end of the year said that Sanchez is the qb and the team needs to get behind him. Woody then goes out and adds a divisive element to the locker room. Tebow believes he is the man to lead the jets and he will be expressive about it. A great trait to have for a qb, but not one when your starter is less than brimming with confidence.

The jets invested the #5 pick in the draft with him, they are bringing in a new offense for him to learn and now he has to look over his shoulder and listen to Tebow chants.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... i was against the tebow move but now that it's done i'm willing to see the impact on the field ...

... the season will go based on whether sanchez can improve his performance this year regardless of tebow being behind him ...

... i personally believe the media and a few of you all are making the impact of tebow fans to be a lot more than it actually will be ...

... tebow certainly has many fans due to religious reasons & college fans etc ...

... even coupling that with jets fans who would prefer him at qb over sanchez ... i couldn't imagine being over 10% and in truth i'd guess it will fall in the 3-5% range ...

... we'll just have to wait and see ... and as long as sanchez picks his game up it will never become an issue ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;4470908]What is know is that Rex at the end of the year said that Sanchez is the qb and the team needs to get behind him. Woody then goes out and adds a divisive element to the locker room. Tebow believes he is the man to lead the jets and he will be expressive about it. A great trait to have for a qb, but not one when your starter is less than brimming with confidence.

The jets invested the #5 pick in the draft with him, they are bringing in a new offense for him to learn and now he has to look over his shoulder and listen to Tebow chants.[/QUOTE]

Understood, but if Sanchez plays well, he won't have to look over his shoulder. Sanchez can be really good (he basically is learning how to play at the NFL level since he had such limited college experience), but for 3 seasons he knew he could get away with mistakes and sulking because we had nobody else to replace him with. This time around, he knows he could get yanked. Some guys need that fire and this year we will see if Sanchez is one of those players.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I for one thank you for starting a new thread to address these new developments that have not yet been discussed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    We are assuming that OP is in fact accurate. I'm not prepared to make that assumption just yet.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4470900]That's not the Jets logo. Jets have no say in the matter. Nor does Tebow.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_similarity[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4470799][IMG]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ptuc7OZep6ihv1PU0FzLfw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/Tebow-Jesus-Shirt.jpg[/IMG]
    The makers of cubby tee just got a letter from Tebow's lawyer to cease and desist, about the above merchandise. Rightly so my man rightly so.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Im missing it, but where's the reference to Tebow, #15, etc? He owns the rights to the word Jesus now?

What if a Christian who thinks Tebow is overrated wanted to rock that shirt?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4470905]This thread was clearly needed...

There haven't been hundreds like it since the trade...

No, no... You're the first...[/QUOTE]

:clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4470821]WTF is Tebow to think that shirt has anything to do with him?[/QUOTE]

Please you are kidding right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4470900]That's not the Jets logo. Jets have no say in the matter. Nor does Tebow.[/QUOTE]

Did you sleep at a Holiday INN expressor go to law school?

the similarity is striking and the JETS can make them stop, I am betting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4470925][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_similarity[/url][/QUOTE]

Coca-cola was unable to stop "coke" t-shirts with a coke spoon. And that was a drug vs a soft drink.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4470934]Did you sleep at a Holiday INN expressor go to law school?

the similarity is striking and the JETS can make them stop, I am betting.[/QUOTE]

I'm now lawyer but I am a graphic designer who understands copyright law as part of my business.

Tebow will not prevail.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patman;4470937]Coca-cola was unable to stop "coke" t-shirts with a coke spoon. And that was a drug vs a soft drink.[/QUOTE]

what is a coke spoon? do you have a link to this I'd be interested to read about it before responding. That's not really enough information to go on, especially if it was obvious satire that a reasonable person could not possibly have believed was produced or sanctioned by Coca Cola.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4470942]I'm now lawyer but I am a graphic designer who understands copyright law as part of my business.

Tebow will not prevail.[/QUOTE]

ok.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4470925][url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substantial_similarity[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh Wiki....well, that settles it.:rolleyes: