Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If Tebow Wins Us A Super Bowl.....

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4470960]Oh my Wiki....well, that settles it.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

is that it? resorting to the "wikipedia doesn't count" argument? Do you think that the information on that page is wrong?

here, whoever said that about Coca Cola was wrong:

[url]http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tmcases/coca.htm[/url]

[quote]In the court's opinion plaintiff has sufficiently demonstrated its right to injunctive relief under either federal or state law relating to the protection of trade names and marks from defendant's unauthorized use of the "Coca-Cola" format in its poster. [/quote]

Sorry I can't cite to Lexis for you, I'm certain you don't have an account

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JetsFan24;4470944][B]what is a coke spoon? [/B]do you have a link to this I'd be interested to read about it before responding. That's not really enough information to go on, especially if it was obvious satire that a reasonable person could not possibly have believed was produced or sanctioned by Coca Cola.[/QUOTE]

Really? You must have been born in the 90s.

[IMG]http://www.unifiedrepublicofstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/cocaine-540x303.jpg[/IMG]

I was born in the 80s but thankfully my exposure to the nuances of hard drug culture as a small child was minimal

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4470960]Oh Wiki....well, that settles it.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

are you the same person who got owned using wiki as reference LOL

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439344&postcount=34[/url]

;)

[QUOTE]The website clearly states, [B]“This fun design is not officially endorsed by New York’s backup quarterback or the Son of God, but plays off the themes of Tebow’s faith and his new team.”[/B]

Still, Tebow’s attorneys are demanding the site stop “any use of Mr. Tebow’s name and/or likeness” — and according to Cubby Tees, Tebow already successfully petitioned eBay to remove the tees.[/QUOTE]

It does mention Tebow in the description. They will likely need to stop that, but Tebow can't stop them from making the TShirt. There's absolutely no reference to him on it.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4470933]Please you are kidding right?[/QUOTE]

The shirt doesn't mention Tebow. Legally, think about it.

Are you saying he should answer to the name of Jesus?

Tell me you're kidding ...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4471031]The shirt doesn't mention Tebow. Legally, think about it.

Are you saying he should answer to the name of Jesus?

Tell me you're kidding ...[/QUOTE]

My point was that WE ALL KNOW the shirt was prompted by Tebow.

I see your point of course but this shirt would NEVER have happened (in Green) if tebow was on another team. No kidding.;)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4471033]My point was that WE ALL KNOW the shirt was prompted by Tebow.

I see your point of course but this shirt would NEVER have happened (in Green) if tebow was on another team. No kidding.;)[/QUOTE]

Obviously, but the designer was clever enough to avoid use of Tebow's name, number, image, etc.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4471033]My point was that WE ALL KNOW the shirt was prompted by Tebow.

I see your point of course but this shirt would NEVER have happened (in Green) if tebow was on another team. No kidding.;)[/QUOTE]

The shirt by itself is OK, you can't copyright green or an oval, but the words on the website are a whole nuther story. Jesus has a case there.:D

[QUOTE=dmitexxi;4470996]are you the same person who got owned using wiki as reference LOL

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439344&postcount=34[/url]

;)[/QUOTE]

Just proving the point that when a Pats fan quotes Wiki, it's a laughable source, but when a Jets fan does it, it's genius.:cool:
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-17-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4471043]Obviously, but the designer was clever enough to avoid use of Tebow's name, number, image, etc.[/QUOTE]

I think there issue was cubby tee was referencing Tebow in relation to the t-shirt. I'm assuming if the t-shirt company didn't do that they would have no case..

[URL="http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0516_tebow_letter-TMZ.pdf"]http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0516_tebow_letter-TMZ.pdf[/URL]

[QUOTE=FF2®;4471044]The shirt by itself is OK, you can't copyright green or an oval, but the words on the website are a whole nuther story. Jesus has a case there.:D[/QUOTE]

you are wrong about this, the combination of the green oval and the lettering can absolutely be trademarked (and is) and a substantially similar parody can be found to dilute or infringe upon it if the Court finds that a reasonable person could have thought it originated with the Jets or was sanctioned by them.

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4471054]Just proving the point that when a Pats fan quotes Wiki, it's a laughable source, but when a Jets fan does it, it's genius.:cool:[/QUOTE]

thanks for taking us along on your elaborate ruse, it's been over a month in the making, you should pop some champagne to celebrate

[QUOTE=FF2®;4471044]The shirt by itself is OK, you can't copyright green or an oval, but the words on the website are a whole nuther story. Jesus has a case there.:D[/QUOTE]

So you're a "graphic designer" that doesn't understand that a particular combination of shapes, colors, and typography constitutes intellectual property? Do you rip off other peoples designs and then claim you "misinterpreted the rules" when you get caught? And why is the patsy troll posse fighting about this anyway? You're better off pushing your inferiority complex agenda in QB threads

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JETFAN1;4471059]I think there issue was cubby tee was referencing Tebow in relation to the t-shirt. I'm assuming if the t-shirt company didn't do that they would have no case..

[URL="http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0516_tebow_letter-TMZ.pdf"]http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0516_tebow_letter-TMZ.pdf[/URL][/QUOTE]

The Cubby website is down, didn't see the ad.

Guess they got some cleaning-up to do.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4471054]Just proving the point that when a Pats fan quotes Wiki, it's a laughable source, but when a Jets fan does it, it's genius.:cool:[/QUOTE]
    your sarcastic smiley face says you don't respect his argument. I'm just exposing you as troll (not a good one) that likes discredit others using it as reference, but yours are facts and should be respected?

Anyone using wiki whether its a Jets/Pats fan to prove a point is like a bringing a junkie to court as a character witness. Its laughable either way.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4471080]The Cubby website is down, didn't see the ad.

Guess they got some cleaning-up to do.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that as well. Click on the link I posted, the ad is in the PDF..
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 05-17-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetsFan24;4470890]unless they are dong it on behalf of the Jets who probably did not give permission for such a substantially similar logo to be used.[/QUOTE]

You my friend would be correct!!!!:D

[QUOTE=jetrider;4470821]WTF is Tebow to think that shirt has anything to do with him?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it's not like it says the name "Zeus"..........

[QUOTE=genom;4470819]Absurd if true. Tebow and his advisers are bigger dolts than previously anticipated. Have we really reached the day as a society where one can sue over Jesus' likeness being printed on an article of clothing without consent? Shouldn't the "consent" come from Jesus himself? Oh wait.[/QUOTE]

:P