Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jets starting front four defense

jets starting front four defense

I just have the feeling.that the jets starting front four linemen.will turnout to be awesome.

wilkerson
    ellis
    pouha
    coples
    any comments about my choices?
    Last edited by jets rooter; 05-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;4474940]I just have the feeling.that the jets starting front four linemen.will turnout to be awesome.

wilkerson
    ellis
    pouha
    coplis
    any comments about my choices?[/QUOTE]

Yea, who's Coplis - is he good?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;4474940]I just have the feeling.that the jets starting front four linemen.will turnout to be awesome.

wilkerson
    ellis
    pouha
    coples

When the Jets play four man fronts it will be:

Wilkerson
    Pouha
    Coples
    DeVito

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4474947]When the Jets play four man fronts it will be:

Wilkerson
    Pouha
    Coples
    DeVito[/QUOTE]
    Any reason for moving DeVito to the edge and Coples inside? I thought DeVito's strength was versus the run and as a 4-3 DE his lack of speed and lateral quickness will be exposed and outside runs will potentially go for bigger yards than if Coples were outside.

I have a feelin the jets are going to have a player come out of nowhere and contribute on the DL like Richardson or an UDFA.. Jets have alot of UDFA's with potential..

Don't sleep on Marcus Dixon.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4474952]Any reason for moving DeVito to the edge and Coples inside? I thought DeVito's strength was versus the run and as a 4-3 DE his lack of speed and lateral quickness will be exposed and outside runs will potentially go for bigger yards than if Coples were outside.[/QUOTE]

Coples best year in college was when he played inside

Hall Of Fame

wilkerson
    ellis
    pouha
    coples
    [B]any comments about my choices?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, how is it you [I]still[/I] don't know how to form sentences correctly?

All League

wilkerson
    ellis
    pouha
    coples

===============================================

Well they may stay in the 3/4 which would give us

Couples Pouha Wilkerson

If they go 4/3

Coples Devito Pouha Wilkerson.
    Last edited by gunnails; 05-22-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling police

[QUOTE=gunnails;4474968]===============================================

Well they may stay in the 3/4 which would give us

Couples Pouha Wilkerson

If they go 4/3

Coples Devito Pouha Wilkerson.[/QUOTE]

Well they MAY stay in the 3-4??? The Jets defense is a hybrid defense. They are trying to become as versatile as possible so they can custom design their defense to fit a specific opponent. It's not one or the other, it's a lot of both.

All League
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4474971]Well they MAY stay in the 3-4??? The Jets defense is a hybrid defense. They are trying to become as versatile as possible so they can custom design their defense to fit a specific opponent. It's not one or the other, it's a lot of both.[/QUOTE]

========================================

Well sure, but as last seen the Jets ran a 3/4 as a base defense. There linebackers are 3/4 size guys, pouha is 3/4 NT.

One of the things I like best about a Rex D is you never know what they are going to trot out.

Definitely not Ellis.

[QUOTE=gunnails;4474977]========================================

Well sure, but as last seen the Jets ran a 3/4 as a base defense. There linebackers are 3/4 size guys, pouha is 3/4 NT.

One of the things I like best about a Rex D is you never know what they are going to trot out.[/QUOTE]

Their older linebackers are 3-4 size. But they just added a few 4-3 guys to give more versatility and to give the unit a less dinosaurish feel. Davis and Dowtin are on the lighter side but are very fast. And Maybin too, although in a 4-3 people would probably rather see him line up at end.

All League
    Jets 4-3 look would be

DE Coples
    DT Wilkerson
    DT Pouha
    DE Pace/Thomas/Maybin

OLB Scott
    MLB Harris
    OLB Davis

[QUOTE=C Mart;4474955]Don't sleep on Marcus Dixon.[/QUOTE]

Have hopes for him too. Line is stacked, no question... Even if Coples doesn't pan out.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4474966]Yeah, how is it you [I]still[/I] don't know how to form sentences correctly?[/QUOTE]

tell em grammar queen!

[QUOTE=Woody56;4474994]Jets 4-3 look would be

DE Coples
    DT Wilkerson
    DT Pouha
    DE Pace/Thomas/Maybin

OLB Scott
    MLB Harris
    OLB Davis[/QUOTE]

almost had it right ...Coples will be in the inside and Mo outside ... they'll mix it up but this will be the base line up. Messed up the grammar on purpose for the grammar queen!

[QUOTE=Woody56;4474994]Jets 4-3 look would be

DE Coples
    DT Wilkerson
    DT Pouha
    DE Pace/Thomas/Maybin

OLB Scott
    MLB Harris
    OLB Davis[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4475018]almost had it right ...Coples will be in the inside and Mo outside ... they'll mix it up but this will be the base line up. Messed up the grammar on purpose for the grammar queen![/QUOTE]

I think Woody's got it right. Wilkerson is the bigger, slower man; and Coples (while a slightly better interior rusher than edge rusher) is a much better edge rusher than him.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4474947]When the Jets play four man fronts it will be:

Wilkerson
    Pouha
    Coples
    DeVito[/QUOTE]

They will be thats the funny thing.

[QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4474965]Coples best year in college was when he played inside[/QUOTE]
    IF Coples moves inside then Pace/Maybin/Dixon should be on the edge.

DV's a hell of a run stopper but putting him on the edge is asking for trouble... Coples on the outside doesn't unnecessarily expose De Vito's lack of speed.

It's creating self inflicted holes when there's no need to.

In a 4-3 DeVito would be a DT not a DE