Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just more proof that Goodell and the Pats are frauds...

Just more proof that Goodell and the Pats are frauds...

[QUOTE][B]Goodell says bounty proof will be made public, eventually[/B]

Posted by Mike Florio on May 22, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
    [IMG]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/goodell1.jpg?w=250[/IMG] APAt ownership meetings in Atlanta, Commissioner Roger Goodell addressed the media, as he usually does at ownership meetings, wherever they are held.
    But these ownership meetings are occurring at a time when the NFL has been reluctant to disclose information regarding the Saints’ bounty investigation, specifically as it relates to the players who were suspended last month. And in addressing the media on Tuesday, Goodell addressed the issue of making the information public.
    In this regard, it’s particularly important to focus on what Goodell said, and on what he didn’t say. From the [URL="http://nflcommunications.com/2012/05/22/transcript-commissioner-goodell-at-2012-spring-league-meeting/"]official transcript[/URL] posted at NFLCommunications.com, here’s the exchange:
    ——————–
    [B]On if there is any talk about releasing the proof of payment in Saints bounty scandal[/B]:
    We released the facts back in early March. We have met with the union a couple of times. The union specifically told the players not to cooperate in the investigation. We are in the midst of challenges on a variety of fronts with respect to the process of these appeals. So as that plays out and as that is concluded how that process will go forward, we will certainly engage and make sure we are fulfilling every aspect of that; including the appeals process itself.
    [B]On if he would expect at some point the proof becomes public[/B]:
    [B]Yes, I do.[/B]
    [B]——————–[/B]
    [B]Contrary to characterizations of these comments elsewhere, Goodell said nothing about when the proof will become public. He also didn’t say whether the information would be released with or without [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/16/report-league-may-eventually-release-some-bounty-evidence/"]redaction or other protection[/URL] of the names of the persons who provided it.[/B]
    [B]Regardless of whether the NFL officially releases evidence, it’s safe to say that any evidence produced by the league to the suspended players as part of the appeal process could be leaked to the media, by the NFL or the NFLPA. The question becomes, then, how much evidence the NFL ultimately chooses to give to the NFLPA and the suspended players as part of the appeal process — and whether the NFL will disclose any evidence that reasonably could be interpreted as undermining the conclusion that the players deserve to be suspended.[/B]
    [B]Goodell separately laid the foundation for a potential reduction in the penalties, pointing to the fact that the players who have been suspended refused to talk to the league before the initial decision was made. Apparently, there’s a chance that Goodell will change his mind after hearing from them, if/when the efforts to steer the appeal process away from him fail.[/B]
    [B]“You second-guess yourself because that is what an appeals process is for,” Goodell said. “You want to hear what the players have to say. Some of them indicated they wanted to come in and talk before the decision was made. I invited them in. They decided not to do that, at the NFLPA’s recommendation, I think. I understand that. When we get to the appeals, we will be able to talk about it and we will be able to hear from one another.”[/B]
    [B]The other benefit from a reduction in the suspensions is that it would make the in-house judge/jury/executioner seem meaningful, likewise making it harder for the players to attack the outcome of the appeals in court.[/B]
    [/QUOTE]

How does this clown make a public statement about making the investigation and the evidence public, and conceal the same evidence and destroy it WITHOUT making spygate public?

Absolutely PAT-hetic!!! :steamin:

Yeah, that's some proof there all right.

I'm a little unclear about why it makes a difference that Goodell disposed of some evidence. Hasn't stopped a few people around these parts from concluding with great certainty what that evidence consisted of, and passing off a record setting fine and the loss of a first round choice as a slap on the wrist. It might even make me think that some people on this board have an agenda. But I'm sure I'd be wrong.

[QUOTE=bullitt929;4475025]I'm a little unclear about why it makes a difference that Goodell disposed of some evidence. Hasn't stopped a few people around these parts from concluding with great certainty what that evidence consisted of, and passing off a record setting fine and the loss of a first round choice as a slap on the wrist. It might even make me think that some people on this board have an agenda. But I'm sure I'd be wrong.[/QUOTE]

But surely it's crystal clear to you how Goodell's recent staements and actions regarding bountygate proves that the Pats are frauds?

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4475026]But surely it's crystal clear to you how Goodell's recent staements and actions regarding bountygate proves that the Pats are frauds?[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I'm a little fuzzy on that. Maybe if I go someplace really quiet for many months my mind will get right about this.

All League
    The ONLY thing this post proves Ray, is that your penis envy of the Pats has reached a disturbing level. Your level of hatred is both destructive to YOUR own mental health, and pathetically sad to those of us who have to watch it play out on this board.

What's next, Ray. BB is secretly running the Taliban? Bob Kraft is part of the international Jewish conspiracy? STEP BACK while you still can. Its OK to hate the biggest rival your team has, but at least try and keep some perspective. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=patsfanken;4475032]The ONLY thing this post proves Ray, is that your penis envy of the Pats has reached a disturbing level. Your level of hatred is both destructive to YOUR own mental health, and pathetically sad to those of us who have to watch it play out on this board.

What's next, Ray. BB is secretly running the Taliban? Bob Kraft is part of the international Jewish conspiracy? STEP BACK while you still can. Its OK to hate the biggest rival your team has, but at least try and keep some perspective. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

And like clockwork, you are here to defend your heroes like the shameless homer you are.

It's quite simple, Goodell will make the evidence public after bounty gate, he couldn't wait to destroy the evidence after spy gate, why the double standard?

How can any chowd troll honestly defend this? :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-22-2012 at 11:49 PM.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;4475032]The ONLY thing this post proves Ray, is that your penis envy of the Pats has reached a disturbing level. Your level of hatred is both destructive to YOUR own mental health, and pathetically sad to those of us who have to watch it play out on this board.

What's next, Ray. BB is secretly running the Taliban? Bob Kraft is part of the international Jewish conspiracy? STEP BACK while you still can. Its OK to hate the biggest rival your team has, but at least try and keep some perspective. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No, he's 100% correct in this case. The fact that he destoryed evidence that could have been used in potential court cases immediately after his decision was flat out wrong and smacks of favoritism. This essentially confirms it. Blast Ray Ray on his overly optomistic views of the jets all you want but in this case he is totally correct and your post which was simply an attack and did ZERO to refute his comments kind of proves it.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4475063]No, he's 100% correct in this case. The fact that he destoryed evidence that could have been used in potential court cases immediately after his decision was flat out wrong and smacks of favoritism. This essentially confirms it. Blast Ray Ray on his overly optomistic views of the jets all you want but in this case he is totally correct and your post which was simply an attack and did ZERO to refute his comments kind of proves it.[/QUOTE]

+1

Where's the double standard? Vilma is suing Goodell for defamation, it effectively forces Goodell's hand to reveal evidence if this goes forward in a civil suit. Otherwise BountyGate remains just as wrapped up. If Belichick had sued Goodell or the league on the same grounds, we'd have learned a lot more about SpyGate. But he didn't.

why do we continue to give the trolls a platform.

truth be told the need for more proof came and went years ago.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4475070]Where's the double standard? Vilma is suing Goodell for defamation, it effectively forces Goodell's hand to reveal evidence if this goes forward in a civil suit. Otherwise BountyGate remains just as wrapped up. If Belichick had sued Goodell or the league on the same grounds, we'd have learned a lot more about SpyGate. But he didn't.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Not only did the NFL commit a double standard, they had to make a deal with Walsh and forced him to turn over all evidence in exchange for indemnity.

MUCH worse than a double standard.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4475070]If Belichick had sued Goodell or the league on the same grounds, we'd have learned a lot more about SpyGate. But he didn't.[/QUOTE]

That's because Belichick and Goodell are in cahoots. Goodell gave Belichick a slap on the wrist and destroyed the evidence and Belichick agreed not to sue him for defamation.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4475063]No, he's 100% correct in this case. The fact that he destoryed evidence that could have been used in potential court cases immediately after his decision was flat out wrong and smacks of favoritism. This essentially confirms it. Blast Ray Ray on his overly optomistic views of the jets all you want but in this case he is totally correct and your post which was simply an attack and did ZERO to refute his comments kind of proves it.[/QUOTE]

Well said, Lahey.

:applause::applause::applause:

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4475076]:rolleyes:

Not only did the NFL commit a double standard, they had to make a deal with Walsh and forced him to turn over all evidence in exchange for indemnity.

MUCH worse than a double standard.[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with my point? Walsh's tapes were just as private as the ones the Pats turned over to the league. Goodell doesn't want the evidence of any of his decisions made public, BountyGate or SpyGate. Nothing would be made public if Vilma hadn't filed his civil suit.

I don't like the fact that he destroyed the SpyGate evidence anymore than you do. But Goodell isn't choosing to publicize the BountyGate findings willingly, the same standard of secrecy and control-freakishness exists in both cases.

This is undoubtedly a double standard. The Pats cheating is at least as egregious an act as the Saints bounty on other players. The NFL essentially owns monopoly protection in the U.S.. If you are throwing the games the way the Patsies were, what does that do to the league's special privilege under the government's prying eyes?

Why did MLB come down on Pete Rose so hard? Hell, if throwing the games are OK, why don't we invite in organized crime to run the league???:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Mainejet;4475128]This is undoubtedly a double standard. The Pats cheating is at least as egregious an act as the Saints bounty on other players. The NFL essentially owns monopoly protection in the U.S.. If you are throwing the games the way the Patsies were, what does that do to the league's special privilege under the government's prying eyes?

Why did MLB come down on Pete Rose so hard? Hell, if throwing the games are OK, why don't we invite in organized crime to run the league???:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I thought I knew alot about spy gate, apparently I don't. What kind of evidence
    do you think Goddel had about spygate. The pats showed the legue tapes showing that they taped defensive signals then immediately shot to the scoreboard so they could tell when, where and down and distance the opposing team was at. What else do you think was on the tapes?

it was the same type of info that was on the tape that mangini told the nfl rep and the nfl rep seized.
    Last edited by patman; 05-23-2012 at 07:38 AM.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4475013]How does this clown make a public statement about making the investigation and the evidence public, and conceal the same evidence and destroy it WITHOUT making spygate public?

Absolutely PAT-hetic!!! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

The difference is what the Pats did changed the outcome of games, and would have called into question the validity of their championships. It would have been a black eye for the entire league and raised too many questions. Heck Goodall very well might have lost his job if all the facts were known.

Nope. His logic is clouded, as usual, by his blind hate of all things Patriot. If anyone wanted to sue Goodell over Spygate, all they have to do is subpenae Glazers copies of the tapes. Goodell never got his hands on those.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=patman;4475132]I thought I knew alot about spy gate, apparently I don't. What kind of evidence
    do you think Goddel had about spygate. [B]The pats showed the legue tapes showing that they taped defensive signals then immediately shot to the scoreboard so they could tell when, where and down and distance the opposing team was at.[/B] What else do you think was on the tapes?

it was the same type of info that was on the tape that mangini told the nfl rep and the nfl rep seized.[/QUOTE]

League rules REQUIRE teams to film every down and every play. They are REQUIRED to shoot the scoreboard showing time, down and distance before every play. Of course, there's [U]no league rule against filming coach's signals[/U]. A fact conveniently ignored repeatedly by the tinfoil hat crowd. But thank you Ray, for adding yet another Spygate thread to JI. It's been at least a week since your last one.

HaHa another Crygate thread. I know it's hard being the B**tches in your own city [B]and[/B] the B**tches in your own division, but can't you ladies find some new conspiracy to whine about. How about Kraft secretly paid off Billy Cundiff to miss the FG in the AFCCG just give us something new.