Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricky Sapp ran a 4.61 40 at the combine...

Ricky Sapp ran a 4.61 40 at the combine...

this is mind you with a bum leg that flared up and kept him sidelined in his rookie year (2010) then we got him in Sept and put him on the PS, so basically we got a young unproven pup with tremendous upside sitting on the bench, we let go Eddie Jones today another guy I liked, but he's nowhere near the athlete Sapp is. I'm excited to see this guy in action this TC and preseason, Sapp along with Maybin may eventually take over outside.

For a guy his size that's remarkable. If he recovers some of that speed and pair him with Davis to rush on obvious passing downs it lights out baby!

ricky sapp can't stay on the field. it doesn't matter if he ran a 3.9, its useless if he never plays

Fans always love the guy on the bench who's never done anything in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    2010 was a long time ago. NFL years are like dog years.

Lets hope he is healthy for camp and the coaches can get a proper evaluation of him and if he proves himself, then I hope he gets a chance. But he has earned nothing to this point.

Sapp was a three times track state champion.
    His 200 best 21.00 flat was better than Jacoby ford's 21.25

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4475142]2010 was a long time ago. NFL years are like dog years.

Lets hope he is healthy for camp and the coaches can get a proper evaluation of him and if he proves himself, then I hope he gets a chance. But he has earned nothing to this point.[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, this makes no sense.

2010 wasn't a long time ago I the player is now only 24 yrs old.

No **** he hasn't earned anything yet, that is practically the point of this thread, to give notice on a player with some real potential.

[QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4475151]Ummmm, this makes no sense.

2010 wasn't a long time ago I the player is [B]now only 24 yrs old[/B].

No **** he hasn't earned anything yet, that is practically the point of this thread, to give notice on a player with some real potential.[/QUOTE]

He turns 26 this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ricky Sapp has seemed to take over the David Clowney/Jamal Westerman "this guy is going to be unbelievable if he could just get some playing time" role in the fans eyes.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4475151]Ummmm, this makes no sense.

2010 wasn't a long time ago I the player is now only 24 yrs old.

No **** he hasn't earned anything yet, that is practically the point of this thread, to give notice on a player with some real potential.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect it to make any sense to you. Because in your green-colored world every move the Jets make is a great move and every player the Jets pick up is a gem. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Did you ever look up his history with the Eagles? Oft-injured and somewhat controversial behavior/departure. To what extent, none of us know. But like I said, he needs to earn his chances. And if he doesn't see the field then there is a reason for that. Low risk, high reward. He should be treated as such by the fans.

BTW, 2011 is a long time ago. And 2009, 2010 are an eternity ago. :D

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4475142]2010 was a long time ago. NFL years are like dog years.

Lets hope he is healthy for camp and the coaches can get a proper evaluation of him and if he proves himself, then I hope he gets a chance. But he has earned nothing to this point.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4475225]I don't expect it to make any sense to you. Because in your green-colored world every move the Jets make is a great move and every player the Jets pick up is a gem. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Did you ever look up his history with the Eagles? Oft-injured and somewhat controversial behavior/departure. To what extent, none of us know. But like I said, he needs to earn his chances. And if he doesn't see the field then there is a reason for that. Low risk, high reward. He should be treated as such by the fans.

BTW, 2011 is a long time ago. And 2009, 2010 are an eternity ago. :D[/QUOTE]

I remember disagreeing with you a lot during the regular season. Ever since the offseason started, I feel like I've agreed with most of what you said.

Add this to the list. I hope that people aren't actually expecting something out of Ricky Sapp. There's always a chance that something clicks for a guy and he becomes a good player out of nowhere, but you should never count on that happening. He's been around the league for a while (the average career is only 3 years long) and has barely gotten onto the field. There's a reason for that. And this isn't a Mabyin situation. Maybin was a high first round pick, Sapp was taken in the 5th round.

I don't even expect Sapp to be on the final roster. He could make it, I'm just not expecting it.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4475194]Ricky Sapp has seemed to take over the David Clowney/Jamal Westerman "this guy is going to be unbelievable if he could just get some playing time" role in the fans eyes.[/QUOTE]

Nahh, Tebow has that role locked up tight.

[QUOTE=hmhertz;4475149]Sapp was a three times track state champion.
    His 200 best 21.00 flat was better than Jacoby ford's 21.25[/QUOTE]

WTF? Dammit Henry. What are you doing here? You are crossing the streams. [U][B]NEVER[/B][/U] cross the streams! Back to that other Jets-hating forum with you.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE[/URL]

You can't steal first base.

Exactly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Snell41;4475243]Nahh, Tebow has that role locked up tight.[/QUOTE]

You don't get the whole concept of the CLowney, Ratliff, Westerman examples of this world.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4475225]I don't expect it to make any sense to you. Because in your green-colored world every move the Jets make is a great move and every player the Jets pick up is a gem. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

BTW, 2011 is a long time ago. And 2009, 2010 are an eternity ago. :D[/QUOTE]

Save your crap!

It doesn't make sense because it is redundant and obvious, and you didn't state anything new.

My response has nothing to do with seeing every Jets move as positive.

The point of the thread is that Sapp has ability, real good ability and potential, and he could very well factor into the team's plans this year that nobody has really talkeda bout. It's been mentioned in other threads, yet we continue to see posts about how the Jets haven't done this, they haven't addressed OLB, etc etc...

I'm well aware of his experience with the Eagles. The question is, did YOU bother to look up the history? Yes, he was injured, personal issues, etc... Sounds a lot like Maybin, doesn't it? That's worked out pretty well for the Jets. There is a laundry list of players that this same potential applies to.

The bottom line is if the player is now healthy, we are talking about another talent to be factored into the roster competition at the position, and it should be considered somewhat equal to adding a 2nd round pick at the position given his rating and draft profile coming out of Clemson. Ok, he's 25 years old, still a YOUNG player, in the era of a salary cap, teams need to find unconventional ways to add talent.

Sapp should be considered an intriguing prospect with potential, and ONE of the moves the team has made to address the talent and speed on defense, that was the point of the thread. Not to thump your chest about how much of a ****ign know-it-all you are, and how "objective" you can be.

Banned

[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4475302]:clapper::clapper::clapper:[/QUOTE]

STFU you old geezer

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=detectivekimble;4475188]He turns 26 this year.[/QUOTE]
    Give Ray Ray some slack. Facts aren't exactly his strong suit.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4475290]
    My response has nothing to do with seeing every Jets move as positive.

The point of the thread is that Sapp has ability, real good ability and potential, and he could very well factor into the team's plans this year that nobody has really talkeda bout. It's been mentioned in other threads, yet we continue to see posts about how the Jets haven't done this, they haven't addressed OLB, etc etc...

[/QUOTE]
    Actually, the point of the thread never addressed his ability or real good ability. It addressed his potential upside and the fact that he's a "track star." Al Davis drafted and signed a lot of "track stars." It didn't always work. In fact, it usually didn't.

No one knows what Sapp's "abilities" are at this point.

Just because a poster cautions against getting too excited, you feel a need to come in and argue because why? Because it's not pom pom waving?

:shakehead