Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Closing the Gap.

[QUOTE=Austin;4479579]
    LOL.

1) You are finishing fourth in your division. You're in the Matt Barkley sweepstakes. The sooner you figure that out, the better.

2) Jets have arguably the best corner depth in the league

3) What TEs are we supposed to fear as Jets fans? Yeah, Gronwkoski and Hernandez give us a lot of trouble. I don't have that fear with anyone from the Raiders.

4) Admittedly, the Raiders have a great speed on the edge with McFadden, which was a weakness of the Jets defense last year, and it remains to be seen if the Jets have upgraded that area, even though they've clearly tried to address it. IF I WERE YOU I'd go on some tangent about how the speed of Demario Davis will completely neutralize this (but I won't, because thankfully I'm not you.)

5) Yes, there were lots of BS penalties called on the Jets secondary that day, thanks for pointing that out.[/QUOTE]

1. Raiders are battling the chiefs for the division. Both the Raiders and chiefs should be playoff teams.

2 Jets could have best Cb depth they still have only one CB(revis that can neutralize one Raider wr. Your 2- 4cb can't match up with Raiders.

3. First you have to understand last year offense the Te's were more blockers as the passing game revolved around the wr's. You were a Te and couldn't block , you weren't going to play. Thats not the case in this offense, as the Tes are a big part of the passing attack. See DaVid Ausberry 6'4 250 4.47 no one question his receiving ability . He has sub 4.5 and been a Wr most of his life. He now 265 pounds with about the same speed who we won't know if he improved his blocking till they put the pads on. Richard Gordon 6'4 265 4.63 is different he a beast blocker who still a raw receiver.( See How Joel Dreesen became a star in same system) Derek carrier 6'4 240 4.51 40 vertical. He a Wr that eventually should end up as a h-back or Te. Raiders have a lot of inexperience at this position but they have a lot of talent and are playing in a te friendly system.

4. D Davis can help with the speed to the outside but he still dosen't match DMC speed or Taiwan Jones (who way faster than Mcfadden) They put two of those rb in the backfield together and Jets could have Two D Davis who aren't staying with each very long.

5. No don't give me Bs penalties. I see more Bs no calls on other teams oline holding raiders dline. Cromartie did commit those penalties. Just a bad matchup Deanrius moore against him. Lucky for cromartie it wasn't ford. (ford would have really embarrassed him. Deanarius moore had the deep game and really been working on his short game to become the Receiver the Raiders expect. (he there go to wr in 2012)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-29-2012 at 02:59 PM.

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4479648][B]1. Raiders are battling the chiefs for the division. Both the Raiders and chiefs should be playoff teams. [/B]

2 Jets could have best Cb depth they still have only one CB(revis that can neutralize one Raider wr. Your 2- 4cb can't match up with Raiders.

3. First you have to understand last year offense the Te's were more blockers as the passing game revolved around the wr's. You were a Te and couldn't block , you weren't going to play. Thats not the case in this offense, as the Tes are a big part of the passing attack. See DaVid Ausberry 6'4 250 4.47 no one question his receiving ability . He has sub 4.5 and been a Wr most of his life. He now 265 pounds with about the same speed who we won't know if he improved his blocking till they put the pads on. Richard Gordon 6'4 265 4.63 is different he a beast blocker who still a raw receiver.( See How Joel Dreesen became a star in same system) Derek carrier 6'4 240 4.51 40 vertical. He a Wr that eventually should end up as a h-back or Te. Raiders have a lot of inexperience at this position but they have a lot of talent and are playing in a te friendly system.

4. D Davis can help with the speed to the outside but he still dosen't match DMC speed or Taiwan Jones (who way faster than Mcfadden) They have tow of those guys in the backfield and T^wo D Davis aren't staying with each very long.

5. No give me Bs penalties. I see more Bs no calls on other teams oline holding raiders dline. Cromartie did commit those penalties. Just a bad matchup Deanrius moore against him. Lucky for cromartie it wasn't ford. (ford would have really embarrassed him.[/QUOTE]

In the NFL, division titles and playoff spots are awarded to the teams that win the most game, not lose the most games.

Now that you know that, care to re-evaluate your statement?

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4479648]1. Raiders are battling the chiefs for the division. Both the Raiders and chiefs should be playoff teams.

4. D Davis can help with the speed to the outside but he still dosen't match DMC speed or Taiwan Jones (who way faster than Mcfadden) They put two of those rb in the backfield together and Jets could have Two D Davis who aren't staying with each very long.

5. No don't give me Bs penalties. I see more Bs no calls on other teams oline holding raiders dline. Cromartie did commit those penalties. Just a bad matchup Deanrius moore against him. Lucky for cromartie it wasn't ford. (ford would have really embarrassed him. Deanarius moore had the deep game and really been working on his short game to become the Receiver the Raiders expect. (he there go to wr in 2012)[/QUOTE]

you once again prove to be a complete homer with no sense of reality...:)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Raider9175;4479648]1. Raiders are battling the chiefs for the division. Both the Raiders and chiefs should be playoff teams.

5. No don't give me Bs penalties. I see more Bs no calls on other teams oline holding raiders dline. Cromartie did commit those penalties. Just a bad matchup Deanrius moore against him. Lucky for cromartie it wasn't ford. (ford would have really embarrassed him. Deanarius moore had the deep game and really been working on his short game to become the Receiver the Raiders expect. (he there go to wr in 2012)[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, you actually believe that the Raiders will easily have a better record than the Broncos and that Peyton Manning will cause the Broncos to regress?

You are the biggest homer I have ever met.

HOW ARE WE EVER GOING TO MATCH UP WITH TAIWAN JONES!?!?!?! WE'RE SCREWED!?!?!?!?!

Every post from Raider he makes sure to note the players 40 yard dash time.... I see at least Al Davis flawed mentality lives on.

I'll take the talented experienced player who may not be the fastest on the field over the track stars anyday.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]See How Joel Dreesen became a star in same system[/QUOTE]

Joel Dressen. A star?????????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA.

Keep posting. This is comedy gold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Raiderfan had been somewhat better of late too.

He seems to have completely lost it this thread though.

Have fun wishing Carson Palmer magically reverting to 2005 though, top 5 QB lol unbelievable.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4479742]Raiderfan had been somewhat better of late too.

He seems to have completely lost it this thread though.

Have fun wishing Carson Palmer magically reverting to 2005 though, top 5 QB lol unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Just give him a one week break already.

this thread should now be changed to "Have the Raiders closed the gap" ... pathetic

[QUOTE=Austin;4479691]Just to clarify, you actually believe that the Raiders will easily have a better record than the Broncos and that Peyton Manning will cause the Broncos to regress?

You are the biggest homer I have ever met.

HOW ARE WE EVER GOING TO MATCH UP WITH TAIWAN JONES!?!?!?! WE'RE SCREWED!?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Exactly Peyton Manning could be back to his old self and it still wouldn't matter. That Bronco Oline isn't suited to hold up in pass protection. ( I don't care how fast Peyton Manning release is) 42 sacks for a team that was primarily a run offense . You can expect teams to give him the Brett Favre/ Troy Aikman welcome. Make sure you hit him (peyton manning) everytime he throws the football. Raiders pass rush comers from their DT(kelly and Seymour) Like Brady and any top Qb , that is the best way to make those Qb very uncomfortable.

Both the Raiders and chiefs will run through that Bronco defense. That bronco offense not going to be consistant enough to keep up. I said it Peyton Manning going to the Chiefs was a game changer, not the Broncos.

Taiwan Jones is going to be a star in this league . He fits that zone stretch blocking scheme to a T. HAs great patience to wait for the hole to form, Great vision to see the hole and make one cut and exploit that hole.(fastest Rb to every run the football for the raiders) Probably the fastest 2012 Raider. Great receiving skills as he able to take it to the house from anywhere on the football field.
    Taiwan jones get to the corner a lot easier than even Darren Mcfadden

[QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4479895]this thread should now be changed to "Have the Raiders closed the gap" ... pathetic[/QUOTE]

I didn't bring the Raiders in the conversation. Austin did with his shot at the raiders. (for what reason i have no idea) This thread was suppose to be Jets some how closing the gap on the Patriots.

He said some laughable statement and I had to respond.