Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What has been your favorite/least favorite offseason move by the Jets?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4475601]My prediction is urengrenade won't be here come September.[/QUOTE]

yeah because my join date is 2005 so obv I am only here for tebow...........

man you people not only can not debate without getting your panties in a bunch you also can not type anything that makes sense............oh well I will be here in jan-dec................every year.............:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4475606]I still don't understand how Tebow is a good "football player"/FB/TE/punt protector when he's never played any of those positions. He's a quarterback, plain and simple. A very flawed one, but still a QB. If the Jets can successfully transition him to any of those positions, that's great. But he isn't any of those things right now.[/QUOTE]

exactly and moved high schools because they were playing him at other spots and in his book he says he was not as good at them and did not like them.............I think it is a smoke-screen to not hurt sanchez and to keep other teams from guessing but we know he came to the jets because it was his best chance to win a starting QB job for the teams that looked into him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4475570]Drafting Stephen Hill for favorite

Least favorite was trading for Tebow. I think he can help the team but the Tebots are unbearable and will be much worse when the season starts, which could be detrimental to the team. First int from Sanchez, even in training camp, will have them foaming at the mouth.[/QUOTE]

oyy the pain

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4475684]your welcome i guess you will be crushed if he outperforms sanchez and is named the starter because as of right now that is a 50-50 chance because they are learning the exact same play book at the exact same time.

I am in a great position because either tebow wins and starts or

sanchez starts then once he is not able to read defenses and starts being sanchez throwing those pick 6's then tebow will start.

If by some miracle sanchez plays well then the jets will do well and i can look forward to the playoffs.

either way I win.......:yes:[/QUOTE]
    You think I was thanking you!!??

You are beyond delusional.

Further evidenced by saying you somehow "win" even if Tebow isn't the starter and Sanchez takes the team to the playoffs. You can't seriously think anyone here believes that, no matter how much you like the Jets.

I think I know who you are now...

[IMG]http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/WTF/fat-guy-in-a-diaper.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4475606]I still don't understand how Tebow is a good "football player"/FB/TE/punt protector when he's never played any of those positions. [B]He's a quarterback, plain and simple. [U]A very flawed one[/U], but still a QB[/B]. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4475691]exactly [/QUOTE]

Glad you agree.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4475315]fav

dunbar and sanjay
    coples
    tebow
    bush
    hunter
    letting plax go

least

[B]By far.[/B]
    Giving more money and a extension to a JAG QB [B]you think we would have learned from the pennington debacle[/B] that stole money from the team for years now we get another in sanchez.

[B]way in the distance[/B]
    not being able to trade down for another pick or two
    not being able to land a speed back
    not being able to move holmes

not getting that TE stud run blocker[/QUOTE]

Please enlighten me about this debacle you speak of. Just curious, but were you a member of the infamous Anti-Chad Militia? Because it just seems like a trend on this board that the same posters that were anti-Chad and majorly pro-Clemens are the same posters who now are anti-Sanchez. Seems like there's a pattern with some of you guys.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite offseason move for the JETS is the acquisition of Q. Coples, as the one clear easy weakness that brady has is having *company* in the backfield.. We need to be throwing Coples women, cars, cable tv or whatever it takes to find his carrot and get that job done.

That, and a toss up with S. Hill who looks real good.

My least favorite move in the offseason .. probably some of the same lack of control over the players comments and media access..by the FO..it seems harmless enough on the surface, but there is a reason why it never pans out.

[QUOTE=kennyo7;4475659]Simple, in order to play QB you need to be able to throw the ball and read defenses. Tebow does neither. He is an athlete plain and simple. He has the size and athleticism to play a FB/TE hyprid. The guy can run the ball no doubt. I feel much more confident that he can be coached to block and catch rather than read defenses and complete passes.[/QUOTE]

Come on..:P

How many QBs did what M. Sanchez did early on..not many..?

You talk about a guy (TT) who threw for over 300 yds in a playoff game against a team favored by 8 in Vegas..also very rare.
    JETS fans should be happy they have lots of talent in the backfield, and leave it at that.

In your efforts to demean the guy you hate, you demean the team..
    I read an article today Rosenthal on the QB controversy:
    [quote]
    1. Never have a bad first quarter at home.

2. Keep the Jets above .500 at all times. Even 1-1 won't be good enough to avoid serious Tim Tebow talk.

3. Never lose two games in a row.

[B]4. Don't allow Tebow to make game-winning plays.

5. Don't allow Tebow to have any good games throwing the ball as a backup.[/B]

6. Consistently play at a higher level than ever before. Or else there will be change.
    "[/quote]

Seriously ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4475695]You think I was thanking you!!??

You are beyond delusional.

Further evidenced by saying you somehow "win" even if Tebow isn't the starter and Sanchez takes the team to the playoffs. You can't seriously think anyone here believes that, no matter how much you like the Jets.

I think I know who you are now...

[IMG]http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/WTF/fat-guy-in-a-diaper.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

lol................that is funny...............the thanking was sarcasm..........

I am a jets fan first always have been so yes if sanchez plays well then go jets.............I am just betting that he is what he is...........while I see a fire in tebow that will do anything to get better and a leadership in him that sanchez would end up following him because sanchez is a follower tebow is a leader IMO just so we clarify.

Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussion and often adopt de facto standards. Most common topics on forums include questions, [B]comparison[/B]s, polls of [B]opinion[/B] as well as [B]debates[/B].

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Rules_and_policies_on_forums[/url]

Because replies to a topic are often worded aimed at someone's[B] point of view[/B], discussion will usually go slightly off into several directions as people question each others' [B]validity, sources and so on[/B]. [B]Circular discussion and ambiguity in replies can extend for several tens of posts of a thread eventually ending when everyone gives up or attention spans waver and a more interesting subject takes over.[/B] It is not uncommon for debate to end in ad hominem attacks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4475699]Glad you agree.[/QUOTE]

I never said he wasn't flawed I said his flaws can be taught.............sanchez's flaws are alot harder to teach.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanmack;4475438]Favorite: Tebow/drafting Hill & Davis/firing Shotty & hiring Sporano
    Least: Landry/keeping Wayne Hunter[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4475668]There have been plenty of reports out of the Broncos that many players were annoyed with the coverage and credit Tebow got.

And I agree that it's not his fault as a teammate as much as a media/fan creation. But it's still an issue, IMO, and with things like Revis endorsing Tebow as a natural born leader you're already seeing that media creation grow...[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, and probably one reason Denver jettisoned him out (instead of letting him mature in their system once Payton was done).

So if we run into the same problem, we'll have to deal with it. It's just sad that a player like Revis could make encouraging comments about a new teammate and fans see that as a bad thing . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Led Halen;4475703]Please enlighten me about this debacle you speak of. Just curious, but were you a member of the infamous Anti-Chad Militia? Because it just seems like a trend on this board that the same posters that were anti-Chad and majorly pro-Clemens are the same posters who now are anti-Sanchez. Seems like there's a pattern with some of you guys.[/QUOTE]

I was pro-chad until the very last game he played vs the bears............I could not support him after that.....which coincidently not long after we let him go. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]fav move [/B]was[B] Stephen Hill and Shilens[/B]. if 1 dont work other1 will. Great work

[B]Least fav[/B] move was[B] not signin RT[/B].

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Tebow Trade ofcourse.

Jets were in desperate need of an option qb who can't beat the Pats and who would incite an enormous qb controversy and further divide an already troubled lockerroom.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4475684]your welcome i guess you will be crushed if he outperforms sanchez and is named the starter because as of right now that is a 50-50 chance because they are learning the exact same play book at the exact same time.

I am in a great position because either tebow wins and starts or

sanchez starts then once he is not able to read defenses and starts being sanchez throwing those pick 6's then tebow will start.

If by some miracle sanchez plays well then the jets will do well and i can look forward to the playoffs.

either way I win.......:yes:[/QUOTE]

You have to at least be consistent when you BS people.

First, you claim its 50/50 that Tebow takes over.

Then you say it will take a miracle for Sanchez to play well enough to keep his job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4475881]You have to at least be consistent when you BS people.

First, you claim its 50/50 that Tebow takes over.

Then you say it will take a miracle for Sanchez to play well enough to keep his job.[/QUOTE]

50/50 out of tc.............

miracle for sanchez to play well enough IF he starts..............I clarify things less to my 4 year old autistic boy and he understands....:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too easy:

Favorite: dump Schotty
    Least: failure to address RT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like all of the moves they made this offseason. What I don't like is what they neglected to do altogether. That is, not signing or drafting a RT in FA or the draft. In regards to specifically that move, or lack thereof, I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the criticms of Cavanaugh, he's a QB coach, he's not a coordinator, why the knock against him? :dunno:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ANY MOVE THE JETS MAKE IS MY FAVORITE EVER!!!!!!