Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 43 Catholic Entities Suing the Obama Administration

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

43 Catholic Entities Suing the Obama Administration

Arguably the biggest religious freedom lawsuit in American history, filed two days ago. Includes all major Catholic entities, with more joining the suit every day. Big news, right?

- ABC World News ZERO seconds of coverage. But, last night there was time for a full report on sleep apnea and Katie Couric discussing how she met Queen Elizabeth; how she wore a peach coat and "a lovely peach hat."

- NBC Nightly News ZERO seconds of coverage. But last night there was time to squeeze in a story on a new computer app that shows America's eating habits, "graphic evidence" of how we eat badly late at night.

- CBS Evening News a brief 19 seconds of coverage on Monday, the evening the lawsuit became public. ZERO coverage last night. But there was time in the broadcast for a Cincinnati Reds baseball fan lucky enough to catch two home runs in left field.

The MSM. Bringing you all the important stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4475495]Arguably the biggest religious freedom lawsuit in American history, filed two days ago. Includes all major Catholic entities, with more joining the suit every day. Big news, right?

- ABC World News ZERO seconds of coverage. But, last night there was time for a full report on sleep apnea and Katie Couric discussing how she met Queen Elizabeth; how she wore a peach coat and "a lovely peach hat."

- NBC Nightly News ZERO seconds of coverage. But last night there was time to squeeze in a story on a new computer app that shows America's eating habits, "graphic evidence" of how we eat badly late at night.

- CBS Evening News a brief 19 seconds of coverage on Monday, the evening the lawsuit became public. ZERO coverage last night. But there was time in the broadcast for a Cincinnati Reds baseball fan lucky enough to catch two home runs in left field.

The MSM. Bringing you all the important stuff.[/QUOTE]

Did CBS blame Bush in those 19 seconds?

[QUOTE=shakin318;4475495]But there was time in the broadcast for a Cincinnati Reds baseball fan lucky enough to catch two home runs in left field[/QUOTE]

You have to admit, that was pretty incredible.

On topic, you know the news is now just another entertainment show, right?

We got this. ;)

All Pro
    From my understanding, the burden of cost has shifted from employers and institutions to insurance companies.

So what exactly is their case?

Jets Insider VIP
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” [B]John 15:18-20[/B]

"All who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted..." [B]2 Timothy 3:12[/B]

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." [B]1 Peter 4:12-13[/B]

"And when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name." [B]Acts 5:40-41[/B]

:thumbup:

I hope they plan to pay the government for the use of Taxpayer supported Courts.

[IMG]http://static.thepeoplescube.com/images/Maya_Angelou_Obama_270.jpg[/IMG]

Countdown until it leaves Office: 241 days as of May 23, 2012.

[QUOTE=parafly;4475512]From my understanding, the burden of cost has shifted from employers and institutions to insurance companies.

So what exactly is their case?[/QUOTE]

How does one shift the burden of cost on to insurance companies? Because Barry said so? The concept was silly and transparent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4475519]“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you.” [B]John 15:18-20[/B]

"All who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted..." [B]2 Timothy 3:12[/B]

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." [B]1 Peter 4:12-13[/B]

"And when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name." [B]Acts 5:40-41[/B]

:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

"The time to turn the other cheek has long ago passed. React to any aggression with an overwhelming crushing assault of all your resources, until they have no other choice but to give you the same pandering, groveling, azs-kissing deference they give to those of the muslim faith. "[B]Shakin 3:18[/B]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4475555]How does one shift the burden of cost on to insurance companies? Because Barry said so? The concept was silly and transparent.[/QUOTE]

Only to those with a brain.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmKJ1npuLmI[/url]

:rotfl:

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4475536]I hope they plan to pay the government for the use of Taxpayer supported Courts.[/QUOTE]

They have spent billions on sexual abuse, but now they draw the line when it comes to birth control? What a joke.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4475555]How does one shift the burden of cost on to insurance companies? Because Barry said so? The concept was silly and transparent.[/QUOTE]

As it currently stands, the mandate is that insurance companies must provide birth control for free. Of course, these costs will be passed on to consumers, but it won't be an explicit line item expense that must be paid for by the employer/employee.

My legal knowledge is fairly limited, but from my understanding, the Catholic Church has no case here. A legal case from the insurance industry seems much more legitimate to me.

All League
    [QUOTE=cr726;4475603]They have spent billions on sexual abuse, but now they draw the line when it comes to birth control? What a joke.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4475556]"The time to turn the other cheek has long ago passed. React to any aggression with an overwhelming crushing assault of all your resources, until they have no other choice but to give you the same pandering, groveling, azs-kissing deference they give to those of the muslim faith. "[B]Shakin 3:18[/B][/QUOTE]

"Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord." Romans 12:19

[QUOTE=cr726;4475603]They have spent billions on sexual abuse, but now they draw the line when it comes to birth control? What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Not all priests are sexual abusers. Birth Contral is not a disease or a health condition so why should it be covered. Besides that the people who want it covered can quit their jobs!

[QUOTE=parafly;4475624]As it currently stands, the mandate is that insurance companies must provide birth control for free. Of course, these costs will be passed on to consumers, but it won't be an explicit line item expense that must be paid for by the employer/employee.

My legal knowledge is fairly limited, but from my understanding, the Catholic Church has no case here. A legal case from the insurance industry seems much more legitimate to me.[/QUOTE]

If the employer is paying for the coverage as they are mandated to do by Obamacare then the employer will be paying the tab. Your comment here makes little sense as it seems you relying on an accounting trick.. There is little chance that the law will not be thrown out once it reaches the Supreme Court. That said this is all moot because the SC will likely throw our Obamacare when it rules on the case next month. If not then Romney definitely will rescind the law when he is elected. Either way this lawsuit will never reach the SCOTUS.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;4475666]Not all priests are sexual abusers. Birth Contral is not a disease or a health condition so why should it be covered. Besides that the people who want it covered can quit their jobs![/QUOTE]

Pregnancy is a health condition.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4475689]If the employer is paying for the coverage as they are mandated to do by Obamacare then the employer will be paying the tab. Your comment here makes little sense as it seems you relying on an accounting trick.. There is little chance that the law will not be thrown out once it reaches the Supreme Court. That said this is all moot because the SC will likely throw our Obamacare when it rules on the case next month. If not then Romney definitely will rescind the law when he is elected. Either way this lawsuit will never reach the SCOTUS.[/QUOTE]

It's not really an accounting trick, it's the nature of insurance.

We are seeing a recurring theme with the criticisms of this policy. The criticism should be directed at the mandates themselves, not the substance of the mandates or the effected institutions. In my opinion, the government has no right to force private insurance to cover specific claims.

If I form a religious group tomorrow, and declare a commandment that states "Thou shall not provide dependent coverage under a family plan for individuals over the age of 21," can I sue Obama because of the age 26 mandate? I highly doubt it, but in my mind, a legal case of this nature from an insurance company is a much more legitimate premise.