Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Luck... you don't want it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

My Luck... you don't want it.

So last night I'm at the movies with my lady friend. She's been bugging me about going to the movies (I hate the theater). So I get our tickets for The Dictator. No body in the theater but us and 3 other people. About 5 minutes till the previews about 20 total people fill in. No big deal.

I've got the prime center seat, vertically and horizontally. No one in front of me for two rows. The 3 people that were there first were sitting on the first row of the riser. I'm laughing at them for being dummies btw. There's literally one more preview to go, still the perfect view. And low and behold, 5 people come in and sit DIRECTLY in front of me. Now, if my dumb lady friend would have kept her stoned little feet sitting in front of her then they probably would have taken the path of least resistance and sat somewhere else. She didn't, they sit right in front of me.

Now normally I just brush this off. However, the guy that sat DIRECTLY in front of me is wearing one of these:

[IMG]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110413173920/uncyclopedia/images/c/c0/Turban_man.jpg[/IMG]

Now, I'm not the tallest guy in the world, I'm 5'7 and some change. So not only am I in a movie that is basically making fun of middle easterners, the last people in the 90% empty movie theater happen to be of a similar ethnicity as those being parodied about and the only guy of that group that wants to wear a turban decides to sit DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME. Now I'm a guy that's pretty big on etiquette. And to me, this is a fkn no no. Not only did you decide to sit DIRECTLY in front of someone when there were wasn't a single person sitting in the 2 rows in front of said individual... you also decided to do so wearing a fkn turban sitting a foot high off your head. WTF?!

For the record, me and my lady friend moved over a seat and my view was no longer obstructed. If this dolt would have sat one seat over himself there would be nothing to even talk about. Some people just don't get it.

So you might be thinking, that's just one time. But no, there's more. A few years ago I was waiting to get on a plane from Boston back to Atlanta. The whole time I see this Indian guy waiting around near me. I'm like, great he's on my flight. There's only one of him, the rest of us are straight up deodorant wearing suburbanites. I like my odds. Someone's gonna have one sh!tty flight. Of all of the seats on this plane, this mother fcker had the seat on my row. I was window seat, if I am remembering correctly. There was a black woman sitting between us now that I am remembering. But still, he smelled like he hadn't taken a shower in about a week. I'm talking about that BO that just RADIATES... and I mean [SIZE="7"]RADIATES[/SIZE] through their clothes. 3 hours, on a plane, no where to go, I can't freak out, I can't escape the situation, it's a full flight so no seats available. I ended up turning my fan on full blast and aiming it either at my nose or at his direction to keep the odor away. I just remember looking at that poor woman and she was looking at me and we were both like holy hell. I just remembered that she went the whole flight wearing her jacket over her face.

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by southside; 05-23-2012 at 11:13 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So hows the thumb?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4476009]So hows the thumb?[/QUOTE]

Better. Should probably be pretty operational tomorrow. Thanks for asking!

:thumbup:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4476011]Better. Should probably be pretty operational tomorrow. Thanks for asking!

:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

=======================================

What operation? I take it the bikes OK also after you replace the seat?

I see AC DC a few years back in the Tacoma Dome, had floor seats, and just my luck some big guy had seats right in front of me, he must of been 6'5", that was disappointing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4476007]I see this Indian guy waiting around near me. I'm like, great he's on my flight. There's only one of him, the rest of us are straight up deodorant wearing suburbanites..[/QUOTE]

WTF....are you really saying in a public forum that Indian people stink?

:eek:

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is all karma coming back at you for using that Bombay TV thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is "lady friend" code for?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4476007]So last night I'm at the movies with my...lady friend. [/QUOTE]

In most quarters "lady friend" is code for chick spending your dime without giving you ****. Tru dat??

[QUOTE=southside;4476007]So not only am I in a movie that is basically making fun of middle easterners, the last people in the 90% empty movie theater happen to be of a similar ethnicity as those being parodied about and the only guy of that group that wants to wear a turban decides to sit DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME[/QUOTE]

A lot wrong here but in a nut shell people from the Middle East and people from India are only similar if you take the position that they're all brown peoples. :yes:

[QUOTE=southside;4476007]I'm not the tallest guy in the world, I'm 5'7 and some change. [/QUOTE]

Some change? How old are you? 27 years and a half? (My daughter according to her is four and three quarters. Sometimes I ask her what's her age in metric years just to **** with her.)
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 05-23-2012 at 11:47 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense ss, but this will most definitely not end well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4476026]What is "lady friend" code for?[/QUOTE]

Friend Zone Level 99

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    At first I thought this will be fun, then,,,,

[IMG]http://gifs.gifbin.com/1233257585_jacuzzi%20oops.gif[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4476007]So last night I'm at the movies with my lady friend.[/QUOTE]

I stopped reading after this...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you laughed really loud at all the racial references in the movie.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did laugh, a lot. It was funny. It was racial humor and it's sad that some people are too PC to laugh at stuff like that.

I didn't say all Indian people stink. But what I did say was that the particular Indian guy on the plane that day smelt like he'd been thrown in the hole for a few weeks. I work in IT. I've met many an Indian/Pakistani/etc... that didn't smell like he baked his arm pits in the Saharan desert.

And the only accurate statement about my lady friend situation is that it has become a little bit more expensive than I'd like at the moment. But I was always raised like a gentleman, woman don't pay if they are in my company.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4476015]WTF....are you really saying in a public forum that Indian people stink?

:eek:

-[/QUOTE]

are you saying that they don't?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy165/suwonsports/Slide1.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4476007]

Now, I'm not the tallest guy in the world, I'm 5'7 and some change. So not only am I in a movie that is basically making fun of middle easterners, the last people in the 90% empty movie theater happen to be of a similar ethnicity as those being parodied about and the only guy of that group that wants to wear a turban decides to sit DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME.[/QUOTE]

Unacceptable. Please report incident to The Little People Defamation League.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    South, you do not want to even have me start with my luck and plane stories. I am like yu when it comes to ettiquette, don't put out what you do not want back, certian things in life you should just know not to do, another words respect peoples space. I keep to myself and am cordial but not overly chatty, but, as my wife says, I have a sing on my forehead that says, come talk to me and tell everything about yourself that I could give two shts about. tell me storries about thinbgs that could not possibly true and talk to me about your friends using their names as if I know who they are. on a plane, i always get the 400lbs guy next to me, in a theator I always ge the kid crying or talking the parents dont remove, it never ends the bad luck I have. so in closing, in simmilar form as to what George said, "step aside, have a little respect, for I am Leftturn, lord of the worst luck cases".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4476007]Now, I'm not the tallest guy in the world, I'm 5'7 and some change.[/QUOTE]

So what you're trying to say is compared to Stokes, you're Manute Bol.

[QUOTE=southside;4476007]So not only am I in a movie that is basically making fun of middle easterners, the last people in the 90% empty movie theater happen to be of a similar ethnicity as those being parodied about and the only guy of that group that wants to wear a turban decides to sit DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF ME. Now I'm a guy that's pretty big on etiquette. And to me, this is a fkn no no. Not only did you decide to sit DIRECTLY in front of someone when there were wasn't a single person sitting in the 2 rows in front of said individual... you also decided to do so wearing a fkn turban sitting a foot high off your head. WTF?!
    [/QUOTE]

It could have been worse. You could have had a group of black people sit in the theater. Then you wouldn't have been able to hear anything. ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yah, but don't you wear a turban? And how did the others in the theater appreciate your cigar?