Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Is Sanchez already done?

Banned
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4480072]So game stats are the most important thing to you when you rate a QB?

I know Sanchez struggled last season, but I also remember him making ridiculously good throws in Year 2 to win a few games. So he has it in him. Can he do it consistently? Who knows.

53 games is three seasons (with playoffs). Just because he's not completing 65% and throwing 30TDs per season doesn't mean he's an underperformer. Takes more time for some than others. So time will tell, but I will take playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons than Pro Bowl numbers and no playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about stats being the most important thing?

3 of Sanchez's poorest games in the NFL came in his very last 3 starts.

That's not the direction you want to see your QB trending.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4480074]Who said anything about stats being the most important thing?

That's not the direction you want to see your QB trending.[/QUOTE]

Well when you say Sanchez underperforms when he has gone to the playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons you must be talking about stats and not Ws and Ls. Because he's 31-22 overall in his career. Not bad. That isn't really underperforming.

Did he have some bad games at the end of last season? yes, but I'm pretty sure he's not the only NFL player who struggled in his past 3 games. it's up to him to regroup and come back stronger. It happens in this league every year. week to week really. it can be done.

[QUOTE=cant wait;4480005]If you were a giants fan you would have been saying the same thing about Eli after his 3rd year. And it's funny how so quickly you guys forget about mark's playoff success. He might never be an elite QB, but he's proven he's good enough to win with[/QUOTE]

Not really. Eli started 3 years at Ole Miss, came out of college as ready as a college QB could be, plays for a hard @ss coach who rode Eli like crazy, and earned his playing time by beating out Kurt Warner. Sanchez started one year of college, was deemed not ready for the NFL by his own college coach, plays for Rex who seems like he wants to be his buddy more than his coach, was proclaimed the starter and the Sanchize even before taking a snap. Two totally different scenarios. But I see your point.:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=First DOWN!;4480211]Not really. Eli started 3 years at Ole Miss, came out of college as ready as a college QB could be, plays for a hard @ss coach who rode Eli like crazy, and earned his playing time by beating out Kurt Warner. Sanchez started one year of college, was deemed not ready for the NFL by his own college coach, plays for Rex who seems like he wants to be his buddy more than his coach, was proclaimed the starter and the Sanchize even before taking a snap. Two totally different scenarios. But I see your point.:yes::yes::yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

Eli was even more coddled than Sanchez was. He didn't earn any playing time from Warner, the Giants were having a horrible season and they decided to start Manning.

Eli was constantly criticized for not being a leader, a meek quite person who was getting bullied around in the locker room. It was only have the Giants shipped out anyone who had a problem with Eli that he started to do well.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4480074]Who said anything about stats being the most important thing?

That's not the direction you want to see your QB trending.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Maybe we should trade a 1st round pick for your boy Cassel.

[QUOTE=First DOWN!;4479972]Lol, are you kidding? Sanchez has yet to play at an above average level. You can't be serious comparing him to the guys you just mentioned.[/QUOTE]

So average qb's with bad o-lines and retarded playcalling throw for 26 tds and 3400 yards after almost going to the Super Bowl the previous year?

Go away troll.

Banned
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4480274]You're right. Maybe we should trade a 1st round pick for your boy Cassel.[/QUOTE]

Well, you already spent the overall #5 1st round pick on Sanchez.

And yea, if the Jets spent that on Cassel, the Jets wouldn't have a QB issue like they do now.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4479925]Actually, an "old-fashioned dinosaur" would have been happy we added a good football player to our team instead of worrying about the potential off-the-field issues that could arise from it . . .[/QUOTE]

...Or the potential on-field and and lockerroom issues that could potentially result from trading for the biggest lightning rod of public opinion in pro sports as the so-called "backup/wildcat qb".

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4480278]Well, you already spent the overall #5 1st round pick on Sanchez.

And yea, if the Jets spent that on Cassel, the Jets wouldn't have a QB issue like they do now.[/QUOTE]

Right, because the Jets would have probably cut or traded the immortal Matthew Cassel by now and moved on to a different qb after missing the playoffs the previous 3 seasons.

[QUOTE=sg3;4477852]frankly my dear, nobody gives a damm what you would miss or not miss. What I'll do about your timmy adoration is have you join the chowd trolls and SOJFs in ignoreland[/QUOTE]

Don't say the word damn that might offend his religuos.

Banned
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4480283]Don't say the word damn that might offend his [B][U]religuos[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

That was almost as bad as a Sanchez INT to a DT.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4480285]That was almost as bad as a Sanchez INT to a DT.[/QUOTE]

Cassel or Tebow. Which insanely overrated QB do you think we should dump Sanchez for?

The real question is which qb would do worse against the Pats. Bellycheat has already shown the NFL a diagram on how to shut down Tebow.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4480276]So average qb's with bad o-lines and retarded playcalling throw for 26 tds and 3400 yards after almost going to the Super Bowl the previous year?

Go away troll.[/QUOTE]

You're right, he's a really good QB. :yes::yes:

[QUOTE=First DOWN!;4480288]You're right, he's a really good QB. :yes::yes:[/QUOTE]

And I'm also right about you being a dull troll.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4480289]And I'm also right about you being a dull troll.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I hurt your feelings when I spoke the truth about Sanchez.

I didn't give up on him though. I think he'll still pull through. Just adding some objectivity in the discussion.

[QUOTE=Funaz;4480251]Eli was even more coddled than Sanchez was. He didn't earn any playing time from Warner, the Giants were having a horrible season and they decided to start Manning.

Eli was constantly criticized for not being a leader, a meek quite person who was getting bullied around in the locker room. It was only have the Giants shipped out anyone who had a problem with Eli that he started to do well.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Eli got ripped endlessly by the same fanbase and local media that supposedly adores him now. The criticism of Eli didn't really stop until the Giants beat the Cowboys in the 2007 playoffs when they upset a favored team on the road.

Ironic that Sanchez has already done that same thing 4X in his first 3 years as a QB yet from reading these threads you'd think he was Ryan Leaf.

Banned
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4480293]
    Ironic that Sanchez has already done that same thing 4X in his first 3 years as a QB yet from reading these threads you'd think he was Ryan Leaf.[/QUOTE]

Funny how Sanchez gets all the credit for just being along for the ride in those playoff games.

Yet, when he stinks up the joint like he did the last 3 games of 2011, it's always Shotty's fault, OLines fault, receivers fault, defenses fault, etc. Anybody's fault but Sanchez, :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4480297]Funny how Sanchez gets all the credit for just being along for the ride in those playoff games.

Yet, when he stinks up the joint like he did the last 3 games of 2011, it's always Shotty's fault, OLines fault, receivers fault, defenses fault, etc. Anybody's fault but Sanchez, :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Funny how Matt Cassell totally sucks and the Pats troll who advocated us trading a 1st round pick for him now can't wait to see Tim Teabagger become our starting qb.

Belichick facing a Tim Tebow quarterbacked Jets team? Ooh la la I think the thought of that arouses Beli more than cheating on his wife with another guys' broad again.