Thread: Jersey women fired for having big boobs

Jersey women fired for having big boobs

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/Business/jersey-woman-fired-busty/story?id=16400674#.T7vERnlYv_g[/url]

By ASHLEY JENNINGS
    May 22, 2012
    A New Jersey woman says she was fired from her job after her manager told her to "tape her breasts" down, and now has filed suit against the company claiming religious and sexual discrimination.

Former data entry worker Lauren Odes said that after two days with Native Intimates, a midtown Manhattan wholesale lingerie company, a supervisor told her the store owners were not happy with her outfit, suggesting it was too "distracting."

"When I first started working there, I asked what the dress code was, and I was just told to look around and see what everyone else was wearing," Odes said in a press conference Monday. "So I did. The dress was very casual athletic wear to business attire."

Odes said the company owners are Orthodox Jews who were offended by her attire.

At a news conference announcing the suit, she said that at first she compromised, saying she'd wear a gray T-shirt and black jeggings with rain boots to work, but that wasn't enough.

"When my supervisors suggested that I tape down my breasts, I asked 'Are you kidding me?'" Odes said. "The supervisor said, 'Just cover up a little more.'"

ABCNEWS.com
    View Full Size

ABCNEWS.com Ex-Citibank Employee's Plastic Surgery Past Watch Video
    Fired for Being Pregnant? Secret Recordings Watch Video
    Woman Says Cancer Diagnosis Got Her Fired Watch Video
    The female supervisor then walked over to a closet, pulled out a bright red bathrobe decorated with pictures of guitars, and told Odes to put it on, she said.

"She told me to sit at my desk and wear it all day. I felt completely humiliated," Odes said. "She put the bathrobe on me and tied the belt and I returned to my desk wearing it."

Her supervisor then gave her the option of to go out and buy a sweater that "went to her ankles" instead of wearing the bathrobe, she said. After being ridiculed and made fun of by co-workers, Odes said, she obliged.

"I sat in the bathroom for a while crying. I'd prefer to go out and buy a sweater rather than sit there in the bathrobe feeling humiliated," Odes said.

But while she was out shopping for the sweater, the 29-year-old got a phone call saying she'd been terminated, she said.

Now, attorney Gloria Allred has filed suit against Native Intimates with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

"The treatment was discriminatory, profoundly humiliating and unlawful," Allred said.

This isn't the first time Allred has represented a client for allegedly being fired for what she was wearing.

Two years ago, she represented Debrahlee Lorenzana, a Queens, N.Y., woman who sued former bosses Citibank for banning her "sexy outfits and heels." Citibank ended up settling with Lorenzana.

Odes, who said she is also Jewish, said no employer has the right to impose their religious beliefs on employees.

"I do not feel an employer has the right to impose their religious beliefs on me when I'm working in a business that's not a synagogue, but sells things with hearts on the female genitals and boy shorts for women that say hot in the buttocks area," she said.

Hall Of Fame
    2 toughts.

Useless without pics.

It's an intimate apparrel company. Aren't big boobs a good thing?

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Srsly

[url]http://www.rightentertainment.com/?p=3728[/url]

more pictures

Jets Insider VIP
    Even more proof that religion is the dumbest thing around.

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4476518]2 toughts.

Useless without pics.

_[/QUOTE]

+1

Welcome back.

All League
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4476531][url]http://www.rightentertainment.com/?p=3728[/url]

more pictures[/QUOTE]

I think she was fired because she was missing from the set of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Yikes.

[IMG]http://www.rightentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Lauren_Odes_3-300x277.png[/IMG]

holy forehead batman!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4476518]2 toughts.

Useless without pics.

_[/QUOTE]

You would think that's why they hired her in the first place.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4476552]You would think that's why they hired her in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Google her. It's terrible.

She looks like the result of a disorderly Greek exit...

She's trying to make herself look younger... that's for sure!

geez
    [IMG]http://www.rightentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Lauren_Odes_1.png[/IMG]

Bewildered Beast
    I have a thing for unorthodox Jews....and Muslims and Lebanese women and British skanks and Italian princesses and Japanese twins and Irish twins (hooo hah - tonight we're Dublin!) and Going Dutch and and and

But that chick is nasty

Hall Of Fame
    hey I'd hit it

who else isn't a ghey here?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4476559]She looks like the result of a disorderly Greek exit...[/QUOTE]

Lol:D

Looks like Joe Klecko at a halloween party.

-

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4476892]hey I'd hit it

who else isn't a ghey here?[/QUOTE]

crkts

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4477002]crkts[/QUOTE]

8 Keystone Ice's and I'd hit it too...lmao

---
    I am here: [url]http://tapatalk.com/map.php?limk0i[/url]
    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...