Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick take on QBs, Hill's vertical speed, etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4478144]I am also very happy with drafting Hill, but before we get to excited we need to see how handles getting off the line in the pro's especially coming off triple option and how will he read defenses which will be very different in the NFL. Lets not put to much pressure because this is a kid who will be a rookie and lots to learn. Nobody in OTA's or 7 on 7 is scheming or jamming him.[/QUOTE]

While I agree about not getting too excited early, I sincerely hope teams try to jam Hill at the line. He is 6'4 220 with legitimate 4.4 speed and he put up 14 reps on the bench at the combine, there are very few CBs in the NFL that have the strength to get a good bump on him, and also have the speed to keep pace if he slips the bump. Yes his technique will have to be good, but I hope teams do that because they will either have to double cover him, or we should be throwing 25 yard jump balls to him down the sideline all game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4478155]While I agree about not getting too excited early, I sincerely hope teams try to jam Hill at the line. He is 6'4 220 with legitimate 4.4 speed and he put up 14 reps on the bench at the combine, there are very few CBs in the NFL that have the strength to get a good bump on him, and also have the speed to keep pace if he slips the bump. Yes his technique will have to be good, but I hope teams do that because they will either have to double cover him, or we should be throwing 25 yard jump balls to him down the sideline all game.[/QUOTE]

Yes he has the physical tools, but in the NFL there are CB's who will know how & strength to jam him at the line of scrimmage and neutralize his speed he will need to lern how to use his size in the NFL. My point is he might take a while to be a player we hope he could be especially coming out of the system he played in college.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Boynton Beach Jets;4478163]Yes he has the physical tools, but in the NFL there are CB's who will know how & strength to jam him at the line of scrimmage and neutralize his speed he will need to lern how to use his size in the NFL. My point is he might take a while to be a player we hope he could be especially coming out of the system he played in college.[/QUOTE]

And those CBs are probably 5'11" tall or thereabouts. Put the ball high and and let Hill get it :)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was there. So freaking early but Bilal looks ridiculously good. Sanchez looks like a completely different person than last year in camp. He's throwing like every throw matters even in practice. I don't care if its practice ... he always looks like he's joking and he makes 3 good throws and 1 bad one. He's automatic right now even with the balls with touch. His deep ball looks 10x better than it ever did when I seen him in camp last year.

2 things ... Greene doesn't look lighter to me. He's not as big when you see him in person anyway. Looks similar to how he did in camp ... maybe 4 pounds lighter max ... doubt it though. Hill is REALLY freaking fast and on the field looks like a monster physically. I thought his speed was cause he had a track backround but I was wrong. He'll have the chances cause of his speed if the running game is going. I just hope when the lights come on that he's able to do it when it counts. I got a good feeling about Hill. We still need another receiver with experience and that is a possession guy to compliment Santonio ... and no not Kerley. A bigger target and no not Turner...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I'm hearing, it appears that Sanchez realizes the importance of him playing better. He knows the writing is on the wall. If he doesn't play better he'll certainly get benched.

It's nice to see Sanchez taking command on the field right now. Now, lets see if he can actually consistently play well????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4478047]Bingo. Exactly what Mark does well. What a novel concept, accenting a player's strengths. Schitty put him in the shotgun exposing his weaknesses. The Jets will be so much better without dinglenuts running the offense.[/QUOTE]
    His deep passes to Braylon were a thing of beauty. Play action has tp be the bread and butter, then once Mark gets into his groove Jets can work in a few wrinkles. Thanks God Shoddy's gone.