Thread: Rocky McIntosh

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Rocky McIntosh

Should I order the jersey? Would he stick around for the season? We can always use the depth.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_s_laron_landry_absent_fro.html[/URL]

Another OTA workout has gone by without the presence of newly-acquired safety LaRon Landry and [URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/laron_landry_absent_for_start.html"]while he hasn't had a significant presence at the team's facility[/URL] his teammates and coaches don't seem to be overly concerned.
    "I don't think so, the report we got is that he has family issues and that was that," Darrelle Revis said. "I didn't get any other insight on it and I haven't talked to him. But I heard it was family issues and once he gets back then he'll be on board for us."
    When asked, Rex Ryan talked about [URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/03/new_jets_safety_laron_landry_s.html"]Landry's season-ending injury last year[/URL] and alluded to his absence being a medical issue: "The thing about LaRon is obviously he had a significant injury but we're excited to get him up to speed hopefully by training camp he's ready to go," he said. "I'm not sure medically when he'll be cleared but certainly he has the physical attributes you look for."
    He then added that OTAs are voluntary, when pressed on whether Landry's injury was the main factor in his absence.
    "These are voluntary type things," Ryan said. "I think we're so used to (good participation), we've probably had as many guys in our program this year and the first two as anybody in the league but it is a voluntary thing. I can tell you one thing, I'm excited to coach the guys who are here."
    In the meantime, Ryan was high on another newly-acquired safety -- Yeremiah Bell, formerly of the Dolphins.
    Bell picked off Tim Tebow earlier in 7-on-7 drills, jumping a route intended for rookie Stephen Hill. In one day with the team, Bell shook off coaches asking to stand with him during coverage drills, Ryan said.
    Instead, Bell insisted on communicating directly with Eric Smith for a more in-game feel.
    "I'm really happy with Yeremiah Bell and Eric Smith out there," Ryan said. "...He said 'Eric and I will handle the communication,' in other words, 'I'll listen to see what Eric says.' And as we all know, Eric Smith, he knows the defense as well as I do."
    Both Bell and Smith said there was room for two or, even with Landry, three strong-type safeties to be on the field at once.
    "It’s just one of those things, kind of like last year, where we had three safeties," Smith said. "Kind of be rotating in, some packages we’ll have 3 safeties. We play with a lot of DBs so we have a lot of safeties in there."
    "They told me I would come in, learn the scheme and kind of be a playmaker in this defense," added Bell, who said offensive coordinator Tony Sparano helped broker his deal to join the Jets. "Once I'm getting to learn it and seeing the moving parts of it, I'll see that a lot. I've got a lot of guys helping me which is a good thing."
    Smith said the shared workload will only be a benefit.
    "With this defense, those 2 guys, Landry and Bell, they can play free and strong so it kind of just depends on the situation, who is down, who is back, and we’ll kind of see that progress throughout the season," he said.
    With the emergence of Bell, Landry and Smith in the system, Ryan was asked if this will spell the end for Jim Leonhard, who is [URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/jim_leonhard_says_jets_return.html"]still recovering from a torn patellar tendon he suffered last season[/URL].
    "I'm never going to say that," Ryan said. "The way (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum is, he's always trying to put together the best possible team he can put out there and you know, certainly one thing we know about Jim Leonhard is, he's going to do whatever it takes to be back physically and you know he's pushing himself. I don't think Jim Leonhard is done as a football player."
    [B]NOTE:[/B] Former Redskins linebacker [b]Rocky McIntosh[/b] visited the Jets, a person with knowledge of the situation confirmed. Ravensinsider.com first reported McIntosh's visit.

[IMG]http://ads.nj.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_lx.ads/www.nj.com/jets/article/L15/1908784038/BannerShared/NJONLINE/Microsoft_NJ_RoS_BannerShared/sc9242.html/52433346436b2b4f7958494142514a65?_RM_EMPTY_&&tag0=&1=jets&2=index.ssf&3=2012&4=05&5=jets_s_laron_landry_absent_fro.html&bt=2076&bt=0001&bt=2005&bt=2090&bt=2061&bt=0090&bt=2033&bt=2047&bt=all&bt=2019[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are young, he is smart, He may be around a lil while.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mmrF-4rUE[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2010 Season
    When the Redskins switched to a 3-4 defense, McIntosh was converted from an outside linebacker to the right inside linebacker alongside London Fletcher, who was the left inside linebacker. He started fifteen games during the 2010-2011 season and recorded a career-high 155 tackles and two sacks

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need all the leadership we can honestly get.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When healthy, the guy is a beast.
    Problem is he is not healthy that often.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Just get a McIntosh jersey with your favorite number and be done with it already. FWIW - I think "T-MAC" would look :cool: on a jersey too.