Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So what's everyone's plans for the weekend?

I'll be going down to DC with the gf to do some touristy stuff. We thought it would be a nice weekend and relatively quiet with most of the people who work there going away for the weekend. Any recommendations for restaurants or sights off the beaten path are welcome.

Hall Of Fame
    Probably just do take-out all three days.

:D

_

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Wondering if I really want what I wish for....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4477280]I'll be going down to DC with the gf to do some touristy stuff. We thought it would be a nice weekend and relatively quiet with most of the people who work there going away for the weekend. Any recommendations for restaurants or sights off the beaten path are welcome.[/QUOTE]

You might not want to read this book. :D

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Memorial-Day-Vince-Flynn/dp/0743453980[/url]

It's a stupid throw away book, my father-in-law gave it to me, read it in about 3 days.

DC. Memorial Day. Nukes. :eek:

Love DC, I could go to Air and Space for hours. A very cool town.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    I coach my 6 year olds flag football team. We have the playoffs Sat morning at 9:00am. After a 0-8 record in the fall, we are currently 1-7 this year. I doubled our win total. Pretty impressive.

Im like the Rich Kotite of the league.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4477288]I coach my 6 year olds flag football team. We have the playoffs Sat morning at 9:00am. After a 0-8 record in the fall, we are currently 1-7 this year. I doubled our win total. Pretty impressive.

Im like the Rich Kotite of the league.[/QUOTE]

1-7 gets you in the playoffs? I take it this is one of those "every kid gets a trophy" leagues?

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4477283]Wondering if I really want what I wish for....[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's the same thing that I'm wishing for :P

Tonight will go a long way to making my weekend better... BBQ's Sunday and Monday with various friends and family...

Will be high 90's here today and low 90's over the weekend, which sucks a little...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4477288]I coach my 6 year olds flag football team. We have the playoffs Sat morning at 9:00am. After a 0-8 record in the fall, we are currently 1-7 this year. I doubled our win total. Pretty impressive.

Yeah, but at least you're going to make a difference.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

chillin' out east, leaving this afternoon

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4477280]I'll be going down to DC with the gf to do some touristy stuff. We thought it would be a nice weekend and relatively quiet with most of the people who work there going away for the weekend. Any recommendations for restaurants or sights off the beaten path are welcome.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to Toronto for work. never been so I'm excited. Will see a Blue Jays game most likely. And it's just a conference so not very labor intensive. So I get a free trip to a city I've long wanted to go to and get comp days to make 4th of July extra long.

As far as DC, we love this area [url]http://www.barracksrow.org/[/url] , particularly the Banana Cafe (Cuban, Puerto Rican, Tex Mex; outdoor patio and upstairs piano bar). It's 8th St SE. There's metro stop at one end (wanna say Eastern Market?) and parking within easy walking distance of all the bars, restaurants and shops.

If you feel like crossing the bridge in No. VA., I like the Courthouse-Clarendon-Ballston corridor. Lots of clubs, bars, restaurants.

Just an amazing amount of lovely, fit women of every ethnicity down here. Have fun site-seeing. :D

Edit: Forgot to add Paulie, one end of barracks row is anchored by a marine barracks and the Semper Fi boys will be out and looking sharp in their uni's. always cool, especially on a holiday like this.
    Last edited by brady's a catcher; 05-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]1-7 gets you in the playoffs? I take it this is one of those "every kid gets a trophy" leagues? [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is at the ymca and there is only 4 teams in the 5-7 year old division. So we are playing the one seed who blasted us 42-14 the last time we played. I seem to have more 5 and 6 year olds then the other teams. and 3/4ths of my kids cant catch so I have to let them run the ball and they pretty much get their flags taken immediately.

Its a coach qb league so Im out there every game. I have been getting each kid the ball an equal amount of time all year. Now that its the playoffs, my crappy kids aint seeing the ball. Im gonna try to win this thing by only feeding my 3 good kids. If the parents complain, they can eat it. Its the playoffs. I have to win this one.

You doubled your win total?

0x2=1????? :confused:

Congrats anyhoo! :D

[B][I][SIZE="7"][COLOR="DarkRed"]PLUM ISLAND BABY!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

All Pro
    Sex party at my daughters house tonight.

She has an ultrasound scheduled this afternoon, and then will announce the sex of my first grandchild this evening among family and close friends.

Kinda excited about that.

Then work Saturday and Monday, maybe BBQ a Stokes recipe Mon. eve.
    The shrimp were excellent.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4477310]Sex party at my daughters house tonight.

She has an ultrasound scheduled this afternoon, and then will announce the sex of my first grandchild this evening among family and close friends.

The shrimp were excellent.[/QUOTE]

I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4477305]Yeah, it is at the ymca and there is only 4 teams in the 5-7 year old division. So we are playing the one seed who blasted us 42-14 the last time we played. I seem to have more 5 and 6 year olds then the other teams. and 3/4ths of my kids cant catch so I have to let them run the ball and they pretty much get their flags taken immediately.

Its a coach qb league so Im out there every game. I have been getting each kid the ball an equal amount of time all year. Now that its the playoffs, my crappy kids aint seeing the ball. Im gonna try to win this thing by only feeding my 3 good kids. If the parents complain, they can eat it. Its the playoffs. I have to win this one.[/QUOTE]

lol

in all honesty though playoffs for 5 yr olds? that's messed up imho

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Sex party at my daughters house tonight.[/QUOTE]

pics and Ill tell you if i want to go.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4477310][B]Sex party at my daughters house tonight[/B].

The shrimp were excellent.[/QUOTE]

Freakin' libs have RUINED this country. This is where gay marriage leads! :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4477291]Hopefully it's the same thing that I'm wishing for :P

Tonight will go a long way to making my weekend better... BBQ's Sunday and Monday with various friends and family...

Will be high 90's here today and low 90's over the weekend, which sucks a little...[/QUOTE]

See you later...

All League
    Just finished up 18 holes with crasherino.

I'll probably get another round in, but staying local for the weekend and doing the all-american grilling thing.