Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Profiling?

Racial Profiling?

On a liberal radio station the other day, I head someone from one branch or another of DC Govt. on.

They were talking about summer, and pool safety.

They were talking about their forthcoming summer ad campaign push, an effort to prevent drownings amongst children.

The quote, paraphrased of course, was as follows:

"We're especially targeting children up to age 8, and minority children ages up to 18, specificly blacks and hispanics, as they are less likely to know or learn how to swim."

My question is.....is this Govt. Racial Profiling, but of an acceptable variety? Use of statistics to specificly target something at a a specfic group of a specific race in order to maximize best use of resources?

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11172054[/url]

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4477544]On a liberal radio station the other day, I head someone from one branch or another of DC Govt. on.

They were talking about their forthcoming summer ad campaign push, an effort to prevent drownings amongst children.

"We're especially targeting children up to age 8, and minority children ages up to 18, specificly blacks and hispanics, as they are less likely to know or learn how to swim."

My question is....[B].is this Govt. Racial Profiling, but of an acceptable variety? Use of statistics to specificly target something at a a specfic group of a specific race in order to maximize best use of resources?[/B][/QUOTE]

Sure is, and both are smart ideas. Of course, minorities get to be the oppressed victims in both cases. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Warfish;4477544]On a liberal radio station the other day, I head someone from one branch or another of DC Govt. on.

My question is.....is this Govt. Racial Profiling, but of an acceptable variety? Use of statistics to specificly target something at a a specfic group of a specific race in order to maximize best use of resources?[/QUOTE]

You ever watch Survivor?

My question is.....is this Govt. Racial Profiling, but of an acceptable variety? Use of statistics to specificly target something at a a specfic group of a specific race in order to maximize best use of resources?[/QUOTE]

Can you see the small difference in trying to HELP someone, rather than arrest them?

[QUOTE=FF2;4477668]Can you see the small difference in trying to HELP someone, rather than arrest them?[/QUOTE]

So it's ok to use statistics to racially profile to theoreticly help the race being profiled.

But it's not ok to use statistics to racially profile to help keep everyone safe?

Sounds liek Affirmative Action. It's not ok to descriminate based on race, unless your descriminating based on race to help a specific race.

[QUOTE=FF2;4477668]Can you see the small difference in trying to HELP someone, rather than arrest them?[/QUOTE]

Me posting FBI.GOV stats proving blacks commit between 62-69% of violent crime is not racist it's the truth and as soon as the black community faces that reality and decides to change from within the better off we will all be, especially the black community. Not racist, fact, as well as problems swimming.

All Pro

So it's ok to HELP minority kids learn to swim, but it's not ok to HELP the community catch criminals? Lib Logic 101?

How about screening potential hijackers of airlines? That is keeping people safe, is that an acceptable reason to profile?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Ernie;4477725]How about screening potential hijackers of airlines? That is keeping people safe, is that an acceptable reason to profile?[/QUOTE]

No, we might offend Muslims. Are you crazy?

[QUOTE=Warfish;4477684]So it's ok to use statistics to racially profile to theoreticly help the race being profiled.

But it's not ok to use statistics to racially profile to help keep everyone safe?

Sounds liek Affirmative Action. It's not ok to descriminate based on race, unless your descriminating based on race to help a specific race.[/QUOTE]

If it "kept everyone safe" you might have a point. But it doesn't. It makes innocent people suspects in crimes they had nothing to do with.

I am for helping people, yes.

Do you think blacks should be tested for sickle cell anemia? Of course you do, because it helps them. That doesn't descriminate against whites, it helps blacks.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4477695]So it's ok to HELP minority kids learn to swim, but it's not ok to HELP the community catch criminals? Lib Logic 101?[/QUOTE]

If it actually helped catch criminals you might have a point.

[QUOTE=acepepe;4477694]Me posting FBI.GOV stats proving blacks commit between 62-69% of violent crime is not racist it's the truth and as soon as the black community faces that reality and decides to change from within the better off we will all be, especially the black community. Not racist, fact, as well as problems swimming.[/QUOTE]

And white males commit an overwhelming majority of child molestation. The soon the white community faces that reality and decides to change from within the better off we will all be, especially the white community. Not racist, fact, as well as problems dancing.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4477725]How about screening potential hijackers of airlines? That is keeping people safe, is that an acceptable reason to profile?[/QUOTE]

Can you explain to me how profiling at the airport would work? How it will help prevent high jackings compared to the current system?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;4477739]If it actually helped catch criminals you might have a point.[/QUOTE]

It does work. You have a few racist cops, like in any other field, that give Jesse and Al ammo,and results don't matter, only "oppressed minority".

Jets Insider VIP
    It's for small children. I'm all for a program that would help kids to not drown.

[QUOTE=FF2;4477743]And white males commit an overwhelming majority of child molestation. The soon the white community faces that reality and decides to change from within the better off we will all be, especially the white community. Not racist, fact, as well as problems dancing.[/QUOTE]

What's there to acknowledge? Cut the fukers heads off. BTW, it's apples to oranges and you know that. Since when is child molestation accepted and celebrated in the white community? Libs (like you) need to stop making excuses. If there were a child molester in my hoood I'd be the first one to chase his ass out, meanwhile in da hoood if 'pimp daddy is a murderer " he a G" dat mofo be a G dat cool"!lets rap about him.

[QUOTE=FF2;4477745]Can you explain to me how profiling at the airport would work? How it will help prevent high jackings compared to the current system?[/QUOTE]

You're a Jew? ever here how they conduct business a the airports in Israel? GASP!!!!!! PROFILING!!!!! ARRRGGGGGGGGG!!!!!! no terrorist attacks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=acepepe;4477788]If there were a child molester in my hoood I'd be the first one to chase his ass out...[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

Go to your local Catholic Church and get started.

The children need you to fight for them.

[QUOTE=FF2;4477738]If it "kept everyone safe" you might have a point. But it doesn't. It makes innocent people suspects in crimes they had nothing to do with.

I am for helping people, yes.

Do you think blacks should be tested for sickle cell anemia? Of course you do, because it helps them. That doesn't descriminate against whites, it helps blacks.[/QUOTE]

My view is consistent.

I support targeted public service advertisements based on Statistics.

I supports targeted medical testing based on Statistics.

And I support targeted law enforcement and prevention efforts based on Statistics.

I'm curious though, can you link the study that shows that profiling does not help in Law Enforcement? I'd like to give it a read. Thanks.