Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Myers tweet on what Jets fans want.

Gary Myers tweet on what Jets fans want.

“@garymyersNYDN: For anybody questioning why @TheJetsStream will chart every Sanchez and Tebow throw at training camp: it's what every Jets fan wants.”

I personally don't want this and think is overkill, and the Daily News taking this controversy to another level. I don't mind a recap of how they did for the day, but every throw is a bit much. They are not scouts..... Thoughts? opinions?

All League
    [QUOTE=APL330;4478791]“@garymyersNYDN: For anybody questioning why @TheJetsStream will chart every Sanchez and Tebow throw at training camp: it's what every Jets fan wants.”

I personally don't want this and think is overkill, and the Daily News taking this controversy to another level. I don't mind a recap of how they did for the day, but every throw is a bit much. They are not scouts..... Thoughts? opinions?[/QUOTE]

It's to be expected.

If you think the idea is nuts now, wait until all of the BS starts with the opening of training camp. You ain't seen (or heard) nothin' yet!

Jets Insider VIP
    In his defense, Gary Myers probably watched a lot of guys throwing footballs since he obviously never threw one himself. :D

[IMG]http://web.yesnetwork.com/images/announcers/th_gmyers_160x191.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Gary Moron

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=APL330;4478791]Thoughts? opinions?[/QUOTE]

The Jets, by far, have the absolute worst beat writers.

Jets Insider VIP
    technically this 98 pound weekling rug wearing turd is not a Jet beat writer for the News. He's a "football reporter" that is supposed to cover both NY teams and other football stories. Mehta is the Jets beat writer.

Gary Moron's role is similar to that of Steve Stupid at the Post with Costello as the beat writer covering the Jets

No, Gary... No we don't...

Jets Insider VIP
    but 10penny''s point is not an incorrect one.

Compare the negative writing and sports talking the Jets have to deal with with the fawning, adoring coverage of other teams (check out the Dolphag beat writers as a good example) and you really see why all NY teams in all sports pretty much despise the jackals that they have to deal with

Over kill by the media. So what's new?

The Jets FO signed off on this nonsense by getting Tebow in the first place. Most fans did not because we know the excruciating minutia that is Tim Tebow coverage. Sadly we had no choice in the matter. Our only hope is that Mark keeps improving and Tebow still looks like crap every time he throws the ball, but most importantly that we keep winning.

That being said, the Daily News is a mockery. I'll give Manish the benefit of the doubt (although his "anonymous" source crap drove me up the wall) and blame the editors at the DN instead for desperately tryin to sell newspapers because Manish used to be a quality guy. For me, Vrentas is the best Jets writer these days and it isn't even close....

[QUOTE=APL330;4478791]“@garymyersNYDN: @TheJetsStream will chart every Sanchez and Tebow throw at training camp: it's what every Jets fan wants.”

[/QUOTE]

Gary Myers can go F himself, along with ALL the other media members trying to stir up a QB "controversy". Mark Sanchez is the starter and Tim Tebow is the BACKUP. Im a Tebow fan, I think he can be a versatile player for the Jets, just not a starting QB. I would like to believe Woody did not put in a mandate to get Tim Tebow to sell tickets, but rather to help the team. If it was to sell tickets, then Woody can KISS MY A$$, he is a sh!tty owner.But,i will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4478804]The Jets FO signed off on this nonsense by getting Tebow in the first place. Most fans did not because we know the excruciating minutia that is Tim Tebow coverage. Sadly we had no choice in the matter. Our only hope is that Mark keeps improving and Tebow still looks like crap every time he throws the ball, but most importantly that we keep winning.

That being said, the Daily News is a mockery. I'll give Manish the benefit of the doubt (although his "anonymous" source crap drove me up the wall) and blame the editors at the DN instead for desperately tryin to sell newspapers because Manish used to be a quality guy. For me, Vrentas is the best Jets writer these days and it isn't even close....[/QUOTE]

+1

This isn't news. This is what the brain trust signed us up for.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=APL330;4478791]“@garymyersNYDN: For anybody questioning why @TheJetsStream will chart every Sanchez and Tebow throw at training camp: it's what every Jets fan wants.”

I personally don't want this and think is overkill, and the Daily News taking this controversy to another level. I don't mind a recap of how they did for the day, but every throw is a bit much. They are not scouts..... Thoughts? opinions?[/QUOTE]

[B]Sorry not ONE Jets fan as far as I know has EVER suggested anything so STUPID!!!![/B]

Good Grief!!!:eek:

Gary, you're wrong. Stop being a tool.

The actual section in his Sunday column.

The Daily News will provide pass-by-pass coverage of the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow quarterback battle this summer in training camp in Cortland. Our guy Manish Mehta will be charting every throw. That includes each of Tebow’s passes that create divots when they nosedive five yards in front of Dustin Keller and each pass Sanchez sails over the head of Santonio Holmes. This is going to be one of the most entertaining QB controversies of all time....

All League
    I don't mind at all if they tweet every pass thrown by Sanchez and Tebow.

I would like them to tweet anything and everything that happens at camp or where ever, Tackles, good blocks, defense, offense, specials, give me all of it.

[QUOTE=APL330;4478833]The actual section in his Sunday column.

The Daily News will provide pass-by-pass coverage of [B]the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow quarterback battle[/B] this summer in training camp in Cortland. Our guy Manish Mehta will be charting every throw. That includes each of Tebow’s passes that create divots when they nosedive five yards in front of Dustin Keller and each pass Sanchez sails over the head of Santonio Holmes. This is going to be one of the most entertaining QB controversies of all time....[/QUOTE]

UGH!

It's not a fuggin' QB battle. This is why the Faily News sucks now for Jets coverage

Injury aside, no matter what happens in camp, Sanchez is the starter Week 1. Period. Exclamation point.

Practice Squad
    as soon as i see gary moron's name on the by-line i don't read any further. they have a poll at sny's blog on if the jet fans want this as of a few minutes ago it was 83% against and 17% for. so i guess all us jet fans want this. i would hate to have him balance my check book if that's his math I.Q.

[QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4478795]The Jets, by far, have the absolute worst beat writers.[/QUOTE]
    Why are Jets saddled with these incompetent hacks?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4478857]Why are Jets saddled with these incompetent hacks?[/QUOTE]

The reporters are quite competent. A few of the [I]readers[/I], different story.

SAR I