Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: link- Rex to be more hands on

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

link- Rex to be more hands on

Nothing groundbreaking here but it's an article about the jets and doesn't contain dick semen-i's negative garbage, so that's a plus.

Hope the defense will be like the one in rex's first yr when it was dominant

[url]http://www.northjersey.com/sports/155239255_Hands-on_Rex_more_involved_in_2012.html?c=y&page=1[/url]

Pelzman: Hands-on Rex Ryan more involved

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Record

Print | E-mail

A slimmed-down Rex Ryan has continued to lose weight since having lap-band surgery in March 2010. Yet while there is less of Rex to go around these days, the Jets head coach seems more ubiquitous than ever at the Florham Park complex.

Cornerback Darrelle Revis recently said Ryan has been in every defensive meeting the Jets have had this spring. Since the disappointing 2011 season ended, Ryan has said he intends to be more involved with the defense than he was last year.

"I need to" get more involved, Ryan said last week, adding, "Itís not just with the defense. For me, Iím the guy that needs to be around the players. Ö Iíve been in more offensive meetings than I was last year Ö going around to different groups.

"Iím trying to do everything I can."

Thatís because no postseason appearance following two consecutive AFC title-game appearances still haunts Ryan.

"It stings me the fact that I let the fans down," he said. "I let myself down; that kills me, no question. Ö I want it. I want it for this franchise. More than anything, I want it for our players and I want it for the man [owner Woody Johnson] that had the courage to hire me. So, heck yeah, it stings, no question."

Ryan said he intends to change the starting time of his daily media briefings so he can watch more film.

"For me to be at my best," he said, "I need to do something Iím decent at, which is coach."

So this playersí coach will be more hands-on as he tries to avoid a repeat of what happened during the 2011 campaign, when Ryan admittedly lost the pulse of a troubled locker room.

Granted, most of the trouble in that room emanated from moody Santonio Holmes, and Ryan has been careful to say only positive things about the talented but mercurial wide receiver over the past few months. It appears the task of being the bad cop riding herd on Holmes will fall to new offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, whom the offensive players are calling a "no-nonsense" kind of guy.

Meanwhile, good cop Ryan will try to coax more out of his players, something he could not do last season.

Email: [email]pelzman@northjersey.com[/email]

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that he's aware and is addressing his biggest weaknesses. Rex has so much potential, he's definitely knows his X's and O's, so if he can improve on managing players and get involved with offensive and defensive game-planning he should be able to get us that ring.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4479760]Glad to hear that he's aware and is addressing his biggest weaknesses. Rex has so much potential, he's definitely knows his X's and O's, so if he can improve on managing players and get involved with offensive and defensive game-planning he should be able to get us that ring.[/QUOTE]

YES!

Thank God Rex is getting more hands-on. I mean, not like he had the chance to learn this after the loss in the 2008 AFC Championship Game, the loss in the 2009 AFC Championship Game, the loss in the 2010 AFC Championship Game, or the 2011 shaky 8-5 November record.

He's seen the light, folks. Rex is the Man!

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4479801]YES!

Thank God Rex is getting more hands-on. I mean, not like he had the chance to learn this after the loss in the 2008 AFC Championship Game, the loss in the 2009 AFC Championship Game, the loss in the 2010 AFC Championship Game, or the 2011 shaky 8-5 November record.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

he is no longer a rookie SAR, he NOW brings you what you want. A Coach with REAL experience.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4479803]he is no longer a rookie SAR, he NOW brings you what you want. A Coach with REAL experience.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.dolphinsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Taylor.jpg[/IMG]

He's really experienced at one thing: Making empty promises that produce the same unacceptable results in critical games.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    These "Rex to be more 'hands on' " articles are becoming as redundant every offseason as the old "Pennington will be stronger next year (due to some non football activity)" articles.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;4479809]These "Rex to be more 'hands on' " articles are becoming as redundant every offseason as the old "Pennington will be stronger next year (due to some non football activity)" articles.[/QUOTE]

This is C̶h̶a̶d̶'̶s̶ Rex's year!

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "More hands on" means he's working the levers more on the soft serve ice cream machine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4479814]"More hands on" means he's working the levers more on the soft serve ice cream machine.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/TOM-COUGHLIN-AND-REX-RYAN.jpg[/IMG]

[I]"We're going to win the MetLife Bowl. I guarantee it."

--Rex Ryan[/I]

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4479760]Glad to hear that he's aware and is addressing his biggest weaknesses. Rex has so much potential, he's definitely knows his X's and O's, so if he can improve on managing players and get involved with offensive and defensive game-planning he should be able to get us that ring.[/QUOTE]
    +1 Looking forward to the season. Despite all the predictable, garbage SOJF posts that are magnetically attracted to this thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4479822][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/TOM-COUGHLIN-AND-REX-RYAN.jpg[/IMG]

[I]"We're going to win the MetLife Bowl. I guarantee it."

--Rex Ryan[/I]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Only Rex can lose 90 lbs and still look like he's shoplifting a wheelbarrow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4479831]Only Rex can lose 90 lbs and still look like he's shoplifting a wheelbarrow.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/RRHCHAHAHA.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4479830]+1 Looking forward to the season. Despite all the predictable, garbage SOJF posts that are magnetically attracted to this thread[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4f3281b6ecad043f41000047/new-york-daily-news-ad.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4479831]Only Rex can lose 90 lbs and still look like he's shoplifting a wheelbarrow.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/sbnitemare.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4479804][IMG]http://www.dolphinsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Taylor.jpg[/IMG]

He's really experienced at one thing: Making empty promises that produce the same unacceptable results in critical games.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You seem like a person who can't be pleased. Top 10 coach in the league and you want to throw in the towel. hey...I want a SB too and I am extremely unhappy with REXs prep for last year and the PITT game but what to do now is the question.

Firing Rex is not the answer unless this team implodes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4479801]YES!

SAR I[/QUOTE]

So he should have "learned a lesson" after making it to two AFCCGs?

If anything, that would reinforce the thought he should keep on doing what he's been doing, since it got him further than 28 other NFL teams.

Last year was his (and Sanchez's) first taste of the other side of the coin. Let's see what they do with it before we assume the worst . . .

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4479849]

Firing Rex is not the answer unless this team implodes.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

And if, like me, you believe the team imploded in January of last year then Rex is a lame duck head coach who is in place on reputation only, should have moved on from him the moment the Giants got their hats and t-shirts.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;4479856]So he should have "learned a lesson" after making it to two AFCCGs?

If anything, that would reinforce the thought he should keep on doing what he's been doing, since it got him further than 28 other NFL teams.

Last year was his (and Sanchez's) first taste of the other side of the coin. Let's see what they do with it before we assume the worst . . .[/QUOTE]

After losing the AFCCG at Indy, Rex and his team should have showed up at Pittsburgh burning with desire at their fortunate second-chance at the Super Bowl.

And they laid an egg.

The following season after losing back-to-back AFCCG's, Rex and his 8-5 team should have showed up against Philadelphia and not allowed 45 points against, showed up against the Giants and stopped Victor Cruz, showed up against the Dolphins on their last gasp.

And they laid three eggs.

Stop giving us history lessons; I get it. Start looking at what happened in Miami and the months since; the implosion has turned into a black hole. The team that believed in Rex and his unorthodox ways in '09 has turned into a back-stabbing mess in '12.

Rex Ryan is the wrong coach for this team right now. That's all that you should be considering. [I]This team[/I] right now.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4479835][IMG]http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4f3281b6ecad043f41000047/new-york-daily-news-ad.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Touched a nerve I see. Sterling effort on all the contrived pics and screencaps. You forgot to insert *laugh now*

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4479893]Touched a nerve I see. Sterling effort on all the contrived pics and screencaps. You forgot to insert *laugh now*[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mlb_g_ryan11_600.jpg[/IMG]

[I]"We've won the MetLife Bowl and it feels great, wow, waited so long, can't believe how hard it is to do this, to reach the pinnacle. They can't call us the 'little brother' anymore. They can't take this away from our organization, our players, our fans. It's ours. Forever."

--Rex Ryan[/I]

SAR I