Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: link- Rex to be more hands on

All League
    [QUOTE=Green&White51;4479809]These "Rex to be more 'hands on' " articles are becoming as redundant every offseason as the old "Pennington will be stronger next year (due to some non football activity)" articles.[/QUOTE]

nah, the annual "what's chad doing this offseason to improve arm strength" articles quicky became bad comedy.. IMO, reading about rex growing as HC is news worthy..

Was looking forward to a thread with a decent article with good commentary. Then SAR took over with his useless dribble. I'm out.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479876]After losing the AFCCG at Indy, Rex and his team should have showed up at Pittsburgh burning with desire at their fortunate second-chance at the Super Bowl.

And they laid an egg.

The following season after losing back-to-back AFCCG's, Rex and his 8-5 team should have showed up against Philadelphia and not allowed 45 points against, showed up against the Giants and stopped Victor Cruz, showed up against the Dolphins on their last gasp.

And they laid three eggs.

Stop giving us history lessons; I get it. Start looking at what happened in Miami and the months since; the implosion has turned into a black hole. The team that believed in Rex and his unorthodox ways in '09 has turned into a back-stabbing mess in '12.

Rex Ryan is the wrong coach for this team right now. That's all that you should be considering. [I]This team[/I] right now.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[I]This team[/I].

The one that's tried to add speed/youth to the defense, a stud WR for the offense, and quality DL coach, and a new OC on offense.

[I]This team[/I].

The one that's had more good moments than bad, and have no recent history to suggest what happened in 2011 will be the norm for 2012.

[I]This team[/I].

The one that has plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but is also saddled with fans who have given up on the season before it even begins.

Yup, sounds about right . . .

Good points. Nice to see some balanced posting as opposed to the tedious revisionism.

"A rich man is wise in his own eyes, but a poor man who has understanding will find him out"

The guy should stick to what he's good at - posting pics of rolex collection and gloating about it

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=OCCH;4479909][I]This team[/I].

The one that's tried to add speed/youth to the defense, a stud WR for the offense, and quality DL coach, and a new OC on offense.

[I]This team[/I].

The one that's had more good moments than bad, and have no recent history to suggest what happened in 2011 will be the norm for 2012.

[I]This team[/I].

The one that has plenty of reasons to be optimistic, but is also saddled with fans who have given up on the season before it even begins.

Yup, sounds about right . . .[/QUOTE]

[I]Last year.[/I]

We added critical missing-pieces to get over the hump and win it all. The defense blew 2 fourth quarter leads early, blew 3 games against teams with losing records late.

[I]Last year.[/I]

We had more bad moments than good, and plenty of recent history to suggest that things have not improved in the locker room or on the sidelines.

[I]This year.[/I]

Very little reason for optimism, the fanbase tired of Ryan's weekly humiliations, tired of Tannebaum's Tebow folly, tired of the mess they made masquerading as our favorite football team.

Yup, sounds about right...

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4479932]

The guy should stick to what he's good at - posting pics of rolex collection and gloating about it[/QUOTE]

Rex Ryan should stick to what he's good at- posting pics of amateur feet and gloating about Super Bowl's he's never won. He's a humiliation. Worse, he's the wrong coach for this team right now.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetgreen13;4479902]nah, the annual "what's chad doing this offseason to improve arm strength" articles quicky became bad comedy.. IMO, reading about rex growing as HC is news worthy..[/QUOTE]

I totally believe the Rex reports.

Never bought into the Chad stories.

Plus with Rex, we've seen the heavily involved Rex before in years 1 & 2.

We got Chad had increased his arm strength, but we never saw it before or after the reports.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479954]Rex Ryan should stick to what he's good at- posting pics of amateur feet and gloating about Super Bowl's he's never won. He's a humiliation. Worse, he's the wrong coach for this team right now.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL, you're so original and damn funny!

Where do you come up with this stuff. It's like a well rehearsed, oh yeah, it is.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479953][I]Last year.[/I]

We added critical missing-pieces to get over the hump and win it all. The defense blew 2 fourth quarter leads early, blew 3 games against teams with losing records late.

[I]Last year.[/I]

We had more bad moments than good, and plenty of recent history to suggest that things have not improved in the locker room or on the sidelines.

[I]This year.[/I]

Very little reason for optimism, the fanbase tired of Ryan's weekly humiliations, tired of Tannebaum's Tebow folly, tired of the mess they made masquerading as our favorite football team.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    If the situation is "really" that bad then the Jets should just fold and quit the season. Why play at all. Because there's no coach on earth who can clean up that mess and give you consistent wins.

The players have to play - you can't reasonably blame everything (real or imagined) on the coach. That's just ludicrous. And facetious.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4479932]Good points. Nice to see some balanced posting as opposed to the tedious revisionism.

[/QUOTE]

What's the "revisionism" you refer to? I'm assuming that its the blind homers who act like Rex Ryan does nothing wrong, is just a perfect head coach.

Please tell me how a loose, players-coach like Rex Ryan is good for this undisciplined, lazy, inconsistent, and underperforming team. Teach me something. Tell me how Rex Ryan has improved as a head coach from a technical perspective. Tell me how Rex Ryan has improved as a motivator and communicator. Tell me how Rex Ryan's players will run through a wall for him. Tell me why players like Holmes, Burress, Tomlinson, and Revis have nothing but bad things to say about Rex Ryan and how this helps us recruit blue-chip free agents.

Let's go. Tell me.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

My God, is anyone more boring that you and this tired old act that we've heard over and over again troll.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4479961]If the situation is "really" that bad then the Jets should just fold and quit the season. Why play at all. Because there's no coach on earth who can clean up that mess and give you consistent wins.

The players have to play - you can't reasonably blame everything (real or imagined) on the coach. That's just ludicrous. And facetious.[/QUOTE]

In the past 15 years the New York Jets have been a consistent playoff-caliber team in the AFC. And in the 12 years where their starting QB wasn't IR'd they've averaged 9.5 wins per season, made the playoffs, won quite a few playoff games.

The root cause of the Jets success in that span is due to two things:

1. Adept salary cap and player management.
    2. Adept head coaching changes.

When the Jets have a players-coach and get lazy, we bring in a hard-ass disciplinarian. When the Jets have a hard-ass disciplinarian and tune him out, we bring in a players-coach. Parcells/Groh to Edwards to Mangini to Ryan. That's the progression. Instead of viewing that as a management failure we need to embrace it as a success. Having a feel for the players and the team psyche and pushing the button to flip the mood has worked for us all these years. Show me another NFL team with 5 head coaches in the last 15 seasons that have made the playoffs as much as the Jets have. You can't.

What I don't like about this season is that we're deviating from what's worked for us at the very moment we need it the most. I've never seen an NFL team disrespect it's head coach this much, never seen a lazy team need discipline this much, yet we're sticking with the wrong coach for the wrong reasons.

Bringing in Brett Favre to sell tickets didn't kill us; keeping Rex Ryan to sell tickets [I]will[/I].

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479964]What's the "revisionism" you refer to? I'm assuming that its the blind homers who act like Rex Ryan does nothing wrong, is just a perfect head coach.

Please tell me how a loose, players-coach like Rex Ryan is good for this undisciplined, lazy, inconsistent, and underperforming team. Teach me something. Tell me how Rex Ryan has improved as a head coach from a technical perspective. Tell me how Rex Ryan has improved as a motivator and communicator. Tell me how Rex Ryan's players will run through a wall for him. Tell me why players like Holmes, Burress, Tomlinson, and Revis have nothing but bad things to say about Rex Ryan and how this helps us recruit blue-chip free agents.

Let's go. Tell me.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

:D Check your previous posts. Ask Cimini or Manish. I've no idea or remote interest in gathering that for you. Get a nanny man
    Last edited by FijiJet; 05-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4479971]Check your previous posts. Ask Cimini or Manish. I've no idea or remote interest in gathering that for you. Get a nanny man[/QUOTE]

Yup, yet another Rah-Rah Ryan Lover who can't defend their position. But I'll let you in on a little secret- it's okay that you can't answer my questions- see, they're unanswerable.

As for Cimini and Manish, they know what they're talking about. In fact, so do millions of Jets and NFL fans. It's only a handful of Ryan apologists on JI who think otherwise.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479953][I]Last year.[/I]

[I]Last year.[/I]

[I]This year.[/I]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://barry-williams.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/save-it-moron.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479979]Yup, yet another Rah-Rah Ryan Lover who can't defend their position. But I'll let you in on a little secret- it's okay that you can't answer my questions- see, they're unanswerable.

As for Cimini and Manish, they know what they're talking about. In fact, so do millions of Jets and NFL fans. It's only a handful of Ryan apologists on JI who think otherwise.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

It was already defended, the original stance was made. Reviewing recent history, there is NOTHING that suggests that the team can't recover from their performance at the end of last year. Absolutely NOTHING, no matter how hard you try.

By all accounts, Rex is taking full responsibility for what happened, and has come up with a plan to fix it, and we are seeing bits and pieces become public as the OTA's and off-season program continues.

There have been vast changes made to the coaching staff, philosophy, an emphasis on improving team speed, restoring team chemistry, adding players to compete at various positions to improve competition, the talent of the team, and locker room chemistry.

Most of the player comments, the same players in the middle of the end of the year feuding on the field, who were the primary subjects, have all commented that things have changed dramatically, and for the better. We have posters who have met privately with these same players, who were very skeptical of some of these very players, who raved about the intelligence shared by said player.

Yet, you are the only troll spewing your schtick in the typical and pathetic fashion that many have acknowledged is yet another shameless act of seeking attention.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4479979]Yup, yet another Rah-Rah Ryan Lover who can't defend their position. But I'll let you in on a little secret- it's okay that you can't answer my questions- see, they're unanswerable.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q331/lf911sc/beat-a-dead-horse.jpg[/IMG]

Veteran
    Wow Sar 1... who needs that a-hole Tex, when we got YOU!
    are you a JETS fan???
    Really?

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4479983][IMG]http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q331/lf911sc/beat-a-dead-horse.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

dude is hijacking every rex thread on the freakin board already!! then he continues annoying people until they respond to his tired canned posts!! then the guy has the balls to play the injured party (to mods no less) when someone gets POed enough to call him names?? then potty mouthed posters run the risk of a vacation from the board.. how does JI after years of the exact same song & dance from this guy not consider it trolling?? what the hell i'm i missing?? oh yeah, yet another potentially good thread that has been hijacked buy the same guy.. again!!

I thought it was just me that made that observation, but it's hard to have a reasonable conversation/discussion on threads when an isolated malcontent brings his personal agenda and derails everything. Most of what he posts are mere conjecture, typical distortions and exaggeration. But because he posts so frequently he looks at his posts as immutable truth. Poor guy. He should stick to discussing his watch collection and other baubles, like Smeagol.