All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

NuJerzy's cool. He opened the can on our 3 letter "friend"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belichik minus Brady = 0

It's all about the QB.

Rex is fine with me and I'm excited about this season. Finally, we are sticking to a plan and not overreacting to a down year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jethead;4481390]Belichik minus Brady = 0

It's all about the QB.

Rex is fine with me and I'm excited about this season. Finally, we are sticking to a plan and not overreacting to a down year.[/QUOTE]

We are sticking to the "plan" with the wrong head coach. Where we should have reacted to an utter 0-3 collapse and an epic locker room meltdown we are underreacting at the worst possible time, giving Ryan a free pass for his sloppy regular seasons that ended only in wildcards.

The concept of consistency at the head coach position is really a fallacy. The only head coaches that get 10 year runs are those who are very successful, you can't take a coach that you "like" and let him stay for 10 years because you think it's the right way to go. Hitching your wagon to the wrong horse is disastrous.

Of the last 15 Super Bowl winning head coaches, 10 of them were on their second assignments.

Of the last 15 Super Bowl winning teams, 2 of them were won strictly on a dominant defense.

As usual, the Jets are taking the hardest, longest road with the lowest odds. If you drew it up, the worst way to try to win a Super Bowl is a) with a rookie head coach and b) on defense. Good grief indeed.

SAR I