Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #Jets will sign free agent offensive linemen Stephon Heyer + Ray Willis

[QUOTE=mrcoops;4479755]These are good signings. Both are big, physical RT types with NFL starting experience. I have always liked Willis, who should provide legit competition for Hunter and become a quality swing reserve at G/T at the very least. Both these guys look like good fits for a power running scheme, and will greatly improve the strength in depth on the OL.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more! Excellent signings by our JETS. Starting to feel much better about our offense...........

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... great move in addressing the most glaring hole we had ...

... turning out to be a very good offseason ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4479533]Between Hunter, Ducasse, Willis, Heyer someone has to float to the top as a starter, right?

right? :O[/QUOTE]

right.
    [URL="[IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h194/thedjkdawg/caddyshack/caddyshack_doody.jpg[/IMG]"][IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h194/thedjkdawg/caddyshack/caddyshack_doody.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Last edited by VonDarkmoor; 05-30-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: image did not appear

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4480372]I couldnt agree more! Excellent signings by our JETS. Starting to feel much better about our offense...........[/QUOTE]

Cop when you feel better I feel better i can tell you that......:P

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4480446]Cop when you feel better I feel better i can tell you that......:P[/QUOTE]

:D

Finally, someone intended to be a TACKLE, not a guard.

so it looks like these guys will battle for RT and backup spots

experienced: Hunter, Heyer, Willis

young players: Ducasse, Austin Howard, Schlauderaff, Robert Griffin

I'd guess the Jets will keep 4 of them, maybe Griffen on the PS

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Gets depth in order, hopefully.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever;4480554]so it looks like these guys will battle for RT and backup spots

I'd guess the Jets will keep 4 of them, maybe Griffen on the PS[/QUOTE]

Isn't Howard the backup LT behind Ferguson.

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;4480554]so it looks like these guys will battle for RT and backup spots

I'd guess the Jets will keep 4 of them, maybe Griffen on the PS[/QUOTE]

Schauderaff is a G/C.

[QUOTE=Tinstar]Isn't Howard the backup LT behind Ferguson.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=C Mart;4480572]Schauderaff is a G/C.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to backup spots along the entire OL. That would include a C and at least one swing T.

Schauderaff is an odds on favorite to make it since he can backup Mangold (and is smart enough to make the line calls).

Jets might load up on G since both Slauson and Moore are in the last year of their contracts.

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;4480622]I was referring to backup spots along the entire OL. That would include a C and at least one swing T.

Schauderaff is an odds on favorite to make it since he can backup Mangold (and is smart enough to make the line calls).

Jets might load up on G since both Slauson and Moore are in the last year of their contracts.[/QUOTE]

Good point about Slauson and Moore in the final yr of their contracts.

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4480381]... great move in addressing the most glaring hole we had ...

... turning out to be a very good offseason ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]
    Yes, this should allay the concerns of the reasonable Jet fans and observers. I am interested to hear TC reports on these 2 amongst others of course, and get the latest on their progress and abilities. Sparano and the OL coaches will give the whole OL a good working over

[QUOTE=JB1089;4479569]Can our resident Raider fan give us any information on Heyer?

I know he was only there for a year, but might as well ask.[/QUOTE]

Heyer is no good, don't need to say much more else besides that.

[QUOTE=FijiJet;4480704]Yes, this should allay the concerns of the reasonable Jet fans and observers. I am interested to hear TC reports on these 2 amongst others of course, and get the latest on their progress and abilities. Sparano and the OL coaches will give the whole OL a good working over[/QUOTE]

But you won't hear, because JI FO has teamed with Mahta and Cimini to shove a certain player down our throats. No time for the real drama's and things to watch.

Can't blame 'em, it's a business... but it's still a damn shame

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4480719]Heyer is no good, don't need to say much more else besides that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insider scouting report, you didn't even need to say that. 90210 already told us that he was out of his element in a zone blocking scheme, but maybe you have some knowledge about his goodness that he doesn't. You don't need to say anything about it though

[QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4480719]Heyer is no good, don't need to say much more else besides that.[/QUOTE]
    JMO There is a good chance S Heyer is starting at one of the guard positions for the Jets in 2012. He definitely making the 53 man roster. He is definitely a tony Sparano type of olineman and fits what he wants to do on offense.

So many Raider fans wanted him to be Raiders starting LG and for wisniewski to move to Center. M bush had second best day ever for a Raider running back ever, when he was starting Lg(satele was out with injury).
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-31-2012 at 08:54 AM.