Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins will be in HBO's Hard Knocks

The only Dolphin I'm looking forward to seeing is Chad Johnson. He was pretty good while the Bengals were on in 2009.

Other than that, bring on Lauren Tannehill for 45 minutes of the show. That will drive up the ratings.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The only Dolphin I'm looking forward to seeing is Chad Johnson. He was pretty good while the Bengals were on in 2009.

Other than that, bring on Lauren Tannehill for 45 minutes of the show. That will drive up the ratings.
    That girl is a stick, no thank you.

Jets Insider VIP

You have awful taste in women.

All League
    on my Cablevision guide here I see that on channel 301 at 10pm is Boardwalk Empire and that is supposed to be my HBO channel....Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? on 306 (I think) HBO Latino, Hard Knocks is on at 10pm, but that's in Spanish....can someone help?

I saw it.

It was a dullfest.

I thought it showed why it was reported that some of the Phins coaching staff didn't want HK there, the team seems really out of sorts.

Don't like how players stay in a hotel

Philbin comes off as a bit soft, especially when he tries to pull Chad aside about the multiple "F" bombs in his welcoming PC, the 180 he must have with Philbin compared to Belichick must be like getting out of jail. I also didn't like how Philbin had to make sure his QB's were ok with the opening depth chart.

The segment with the Edwards workout was very telling, and sheds a lot on why he was not brought back, but it was interesting to see how much he holds Rex Ryan in his regard.

The Vontae Smith segment was brutal, that player is regressing, coming to camp out shape, seems to lack drive, not even playing with the first team.. Wow.

Loved the Tebow reference.

I thought the Ross interview was telling as well, I don't like how he's pretty much destroyed his own front office, first by pulling the chair out of Sparano's desk, and not giving his current GM an endorsement when he had the chance too, I get the sense the organization is a bit of a circus.

Oh, and that poor TE Lee? Yeeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    on my Cablevision guide here I see that on channel 301 at 10pm is Boardwalk Empire and that is supposed to be my HBO channel....Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? on 306 (I think) HBO Latino, Hard Knocks is on at 10pm, but that's in Spanish....can someone help?
    ST, was on regular HBO, and then HBOW at 1 am. All segments will be online at some point as well at hbo.com

No team with a first time head coach should ever do Hard Knocks. Philbin is trying to figure out how he wants to do things, and clearly seems to be uncomfortable with the cameras.

Not a good episode for Vontae Davis, who was caught talking about how he was going to act his way through practice because he was so tired. Then he got called on it by one of the coaches.

I like the system with the two units that Philbin uses for practices. It can spread the coaching staff pretty thin, but it seems to be an excellent way to increase the numbers of reps to help with evaluations of players at the bottom of the roster. It's like a toned down version of the insanity that Chip Kelly has instituted up in Oregon.

That no name tight end from off the street has a hot girlfriend/wife.

The 20 second montage of the Dolphin cheerleaders was as awesome as it was gratuitous.

A rookie offensive lineman showed up to camp all excited, talking about how it was the start of a long journey...then got cut before the first practice. He barely had time to get his stuff into his locker. Harsh.

I like Ocho--er, Chad Johnson, but he's trying way too hard right now.

Braylon would have come back here for a non-guaranteed, minimum contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Philbin has the personality of a doorknob.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    No team with a first time head coach should ever do Hard Knocks. Philbin is trying to figure out how he wants to do things, and clearly seems to be uncomfortable with the cameras.

Not a good episode for Vontae Davis, who was caught talking about how he was going to act his way through practice because he was so tired. Then he got called on it by one of the coaches.

I like the system with the two units that Philbin uses for practices. It can spread the coaching staff pretty thin, but it seems to be an excellent way to increase the numbers of reps to help with evaluations of players at the bottom of the roster. It's like a toned down version of the insanity that Chip Kelly has instituted up in Oregon.

That no name tight end from off the street has a hot girlfriend/wife.

The 20 second montage of the Dolphin cheerleaders was as awesome as it was gratuitous.

A rookie offensive lineman showed up to camp all excited, talking about how it was the start of a long journey...then got cut before the first practice. He barely had time to get his stuff into his locker. Harsh.

I like Ocho--er, Chad Johnson, but he's trying way too hard right now.

Braylon would have come back here for a non-guaranteed, minimum contract.
    It does seem like this years Hard Knocks is going to be pretty boring. I agree that there is no way that Philbin should have done this in his first year as HC. He looks so tentative and unsure of himself.

Agree about Braylon, after hearing what he said about Rex, I think he would have come here in a heart beat. If Schilens doesnt stay healthy, there will continue to be debate as to why they didnt bring him in here.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Riiiight. You wouldn't go after Lauren Tannehill? Who would you prefer? A nice beefy 250lb Walmart woman?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    That girl is a stick, no thank you.
    And the girl in your avatar isn't? LOL.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    and receivers

All League
    Big YAWN!!! And who is Chad Johnson trying to kid he had an opportunity
    to play with a Hall Of Fame QB last year and couldn't catch a pass. Now
    he's sqwaking about how he's back and going to have a big year? Child
    please!!! After the first episode its easily the worst Hard Knocks ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I saw it.

It was a dullfest.

I thought it showed why it was reported that some of the Phins coaching staff didn't want HK there, the team seems really out of sorts.

Don't like how players stay in a hotel

Philbin comes off as a bit soft, especially when he tries to pull Chad aside about the multiple "F" bombs in his welcoming PC, the 180 he must have with Philbin compared to Belichick must be like getting out of jail. I also didn't like how Philbin had to make sure his QB's were ok with the opening depth chart.

The segment with the Edwards workout was very telling, and sheds a lot on why he was not brought back, but it was interesting to see how much he holds Rex Ryan in his regard.

The Vontae Smith segment was brutal, that player is regressing, coming to camp out shape, seems to lack drive, not even playing with the first team.. Wow.

Loved the Tebow reference.

I thought the Ross interview was telling as well, I don't like how he's pretty much destroyed his own front office, first by pulling the chair out of Sparano's desk, and not giving his current GM an endorsement when he had the chance too, I get the sense the organization is a bit of a circus.

Oh, and that poor TE Lee? Yeeesh...
    Vonte Davis

Hall Of Fame
    Riiiight. You wouldn't go after Lauren Tannehill? Who would you prefer? A nice beefy 250lb Walmart woman?
    I would show that Lauren what a cunning linguist I am.

Or sumthin' like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Would I **** her? Yes. That's not saying much.

Would I date her? Probably not.

Would I swoon over her as you're doing? No ****ing way.

There IS a middle ground between flat and beefy, you know.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boring as hell except for the rookie TE's GF and Ocho's wife's ginormous breasteses.

Jets Insider VIP
    clearly not as good a show as Jets 2010

and if you think Mr Johnson seems like a boring nerd when speaking into a microphone, he's Mr Excitement when compared with Rosso the Clown of the Dolphins.

And anyone who watched Ireland interview Braylon Edwards before not signing him and is not thrilled that the Jets have a professional like Mike Tannenbaum at GM and not that arrogant douche is not living in the world of reality.

This is all anyone really needed to see from the first show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU3td...layer_embedded

^ Girl at 0:03 and 0:05.