Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins will be in HBO's Hard Knocks

Child please.

Part of me wanted to get away from all the media attention that surrounds Hard Knocks, but part of me wanted another Jets series. Not expecting much from the Dolpins, but I'll take a look at the first episode later on.

Watched the first episode last night....and was shocked about how young the QB coach was.

Zac Taylor was a very good QB at nebraska, but for the last 4 years he has been a Grad Assistant and TE Coach for Texas AM under Sherman....his Father In Law and is now the QB coach of an NFL team?

Im all for bringing in young staff to develop, but that is a gigantic step up for someone who is entrusted to develop tannehill and has never coached or played in the NFL.

Pretty surprising

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Watched the first episode last night....and was shocked about how young the QB coach was.

Zac Taylor was a very good QB at nebraska, but for the last 4 years he has been a Grad Assistant and TE Coach for Texas AM under Sherman....his Father In Law and is now the QB coach of an NFL team?

Im all for bringing in young staff to develop, but that is a gigantic step up for someone who is entrusted to develop tannehill and has never coached or played in the NFL.

Pretty surprising

Nepotism is how ****ty companies/organizations do business. I saw the kid too and said holy **** how old is he? A quick google search and you find out his Shermans son in law. Pathetic.

I'm a dolphins fan and I was surprised at how young he looked as well. I would prefer a more seasoned coach to be in charge of my franchise qb developing, but if he has the job then I'm sure they have confidence in him. That alone doesn't give me total confidence, but I feel like between Philbin and Sherman, they have a pretty good staff around him. Only time will tell, but if he does fail to develop it's definately something I would point at and say was a mistake, or at least question it.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    This is all anyone really needed to see from the first show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU3td...layer_embedded
    You did that on porpoise!

Our girls breasts are 100% Dolphin Safe!

Are you on the bubble; or in the bubble?

Thats Racists!

A Handful of Trophies!

Dolphins? I liked "Swordfish" better...you can see titties!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    Nepotism is how ****ty companies/organizations do business. I saw the kid too and said holy **** how old is he? A quick google search and you find out his Shermans son in law. Pathetic.
    You really think Schotty would have been where he was without being the son of big Schotty?

Also, why is no one complaining about the swearing from the Dolphin players and coaches, people made the Jets out to be some sort of degenerates because they dropped the F bomb here and there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You really think Schotty would have been where he was without being the son of big Schotty?

Also, why is no one complaining about the swearing from the Dolphin players and coaches, people made the Jets out to be some sort of degenerates because they dropped the F bomb here and there.
    Funny...I'm watching Mike & Mike right now and the topic is Philbin telling Chad that if he continues to curse in interviews he won't be there...and how Philbin doesn't want any cursing. Herm Edwards is on saying how he didn't want cursing in his locker room as well. The previews for next weeks hard knocks has a coach cursing at everyone. No ones mentioning this lol.

All League
    1. Philbin seems like excellent HC material, IMO, I like him. I'm surprised he's only 51. He looks 61.

I think Miami is in superb hands now and Matt Moore will benefit greatly.

2. Chad Johnson's shtick is tiresome. I wouldn't want him around.

3. Overall, I find this series enjoyable. Miami has a certain small-town lameness about it, but nothing close to the inbred-level extreme of New England, nor is this as painfully dull as wet blanket Belichick's "A Football Life."

I've been to funerals that had more life than that unwatchable monotony.

4. The Bray Edwards scene is classic. He sounded like a punk lying about the dent he just put in the GM's car door.

Ireland: When you get here it's a clean slate BUT you do need to understand the history of the players.

Is there anything in the last 6 or 8 months, anything off the field that we're concerned about?

Edwards: I would say the only thing that's actually come up is uh for thee is the DUI that I received ... I got off - I'm off probation officially.

I know what's out there about me isn't true.

I, uh, made some, made some mistakes just like everybody else in life but I don't think those mistakes reflect who I exactly am.

Ireland: Who is that guy in your hip pocket that's, ya know - you just sign him - he's gonna be in your bandwagon - who is that guy for you right now?

Edwards: Rex Ryan.
    Ireland: Rex Ryan. (horrified, bites lip)
    Edwards: Rex Ryan. I played two years with Coach Ryan and he and I go
    Ireland: I'm not calling Rex Ryan! (nervous laughter)
    Edwards: I uh, I understand.

Next shot is Bray leaving with his roller duffle, tinkering with his cell phone.
    Wow, what kind of dumbass ghetto jabber is that?

Notice that he didn't say "The only thing I have" or "The only thing I did."

Instead, it's "The only thing that's actually come up" - as if it's the only thing the poh-leece know about so far .... that he's aware of.

LOL. It's possible the dirt the Jets have on this guy kept him way down on their shopping list.

Banned
    Anyone else notice how open WR's seem to be all of the time? I wish Matt Moore was our back up QB. He would actually be able to fill in if something happened to Sanchez and I would still be as confident in him as I am in Sanchez. Moore had a really good year last year on a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    So what is Matt Cavanaugh's excuse?

Hall Of Fame
    Who'd you rather? Mrs. Tannehill or Mrs. Long?

Sorry no pics. Posting from iPhone.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Les Brown's girl.

I thought Philbin and the Dolphins came away looking like cowards for how they handled the Johnson release.

When news first broke, I thought for sure that could mean the end for Johnson, but I have been anxious to see what actually happened, what went on, Johnson has never crossed the line like this, not with the law, he's always been a character, but something just seems real weird about what happened in that incident with his wife, and I don't condone AT ALL what he did, IF INDEED that happened.

But Hardknocks really exposed a poor poor handling of the entire matter, Philbin IMO comes away looking extremely soft and cowardly. He pre-judges Johnson, and it's apparent he had his mind made up before he had the chance to even sit down with Johnson, the fact that HK had it all on tape is damning evidence. Did Philbin even ask him for his side of the story, did he ask him what his role was in the matter, ask him about what happened?

To me, the right way to handle it, is to talk to the player, get his side of the story, tell him that you don't know what you're going to do but that his actions does not help the organization, that he needs to make a decision for the better of the team, but wants to do right by the player too, that it would be hard, but that he would have to make a tough decision either way, and fast. I realize Philbin probably didn't want this to drag on, I get it, but don't end it right there, in front of the player, give yourself and the player an opportunity to sleep on it, at least. Philbin was the judge and jury before an opportunity of a trial. Horrible.

In fact, I have a soft spot for Chad, always have, I love his character, and he is a character. He IS crazy too, but I don't ever get the sense that he isn't a good teammate, and doesn't do anything but BUST his ass in everything he does, even if he lost a little off of his "fastball."

And actually, I have changed my stance on whether to think if the Jets should consider a move for Johnson, the team that does consider him, gets him at a time where he is real down on himself, and wants one opportunity to make it right, that team could reap a big benefit from that. Johnson is now facing a time in his life where he needs to re-evaluate his life, his image, and decide that from this point forward, he needs to change that image for the better. A team could really benefit from this if he still has something to offer. The dropped pass looked bad in the game, but to me, he still looks to me like a player who can still play. The response from some of the Dolphin key players also speaks volumes to me, they were not happy with how the team handled it.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-14-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Ray, you didn't answer my question. Nobody cares about Philbin and Ochcinco.

Ray, you didn't answer my question. Nobody cares about Philbin and Ochcinco.
    LOL

That last cheerleader in the call me maybe skit!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Les Brown's girl.
    I missed that one. Nice find.

Practice Squad
    I gotta say I feel bad for chad. He seemed to be a decent guy besides the joking around which I always found to be funny. I read an article that his ex-wife was on some basketball wives show and she apparently would go nuts and hit other cast members. Chads never had a run in with the law before and I believe he's telling the truth.

The way philben handled the situation was a joke. I'm so glad he's not our coach. He should have taken a stand with chad or at least waiting to see if he was actually guilty. Chad didn't have any lacerations or cuts on his head so I couldnt see how he could have head butted her.

I wouldnt mind giving this guy a workout. I think he still has some gas left in the tank and would be a good veteran receiver. However there other options like I said in another thread trading for an older veteran receiver such as Santana moss.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TJ Sanchez View Post
    The way philben handled the situation was a joke. I'm so glad he's not our coach. He should have taken a stand with chad or at least waiting to see if he was actually guilty. Chad didn't have any lacerations or cuts on his head so I couldnt see how he could have head butted her.

I wouldnt mind giving this guy a workout. I think he still has some gas left in the tank and would be a good veteran receiver. However there other options like I said in another thread trading for an older veteran receiver such as Santana moss.
    You can give a good headbutt without getting a cut or bruise on your head.

And as far as his abilities on the field - he's done.

Hall Of Fame

I only saw Mrs. Long from the waist up sitting down, so I have to go with Mrs. Tannehill, I prefer blondes.