Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins will be in HBO's Hard Knocks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Haha. Ross is the new Woody.
    To the 10th degree. There was talk that they wanted Manning to attend functions for luxury seat holders.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a great show, glad they got a taker

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Game of Thrones is one of the best shows on television. HBO very rarely makes a mistake. Hard Knocks will be fine. It has come a long way since the first Ravens season that they air on NFLN now.
    Game of Thrones is overrated. Lord of the Rings with T&A - that's all it is. The siege scenes in the last episode were cheaply filmed and amateur hour - seriously any halfway decent director with a budget could have filmed something better.

Hard Knocks is ok sometimes but if it's not a team full of quirky characters like the Jets or Bengals it's a snoozefest. HBO hasn't had a good show since The Wire.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure Kim Kardashian will be seen at some point....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Game of Thrones is overrated. Lord of the Rings with T&A - that's all it is. The siege scenes in the last episode were cheaply filmed and amateur hour - seriously any halfway decent director with a budget could have filmed something better.
    A) Lord of the Rings is awesome, as is T&A, so I don't see how being LOTR with T&A is a bad thing.

B) You clearly have no clue whatsoever how much it costs to film a medievel siege scene like that. This isn't a movie with a $200 million dollar budget.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    A) Lord of the Rings is awesome, as is T&A, so I don't see how being LOTR with T&A is a bad thing.

B) You clearly have no clue whatsoever how much it costs to film a medievel siege scene like that. This isn't a movie with a $200 million dollar budget.
    If you actually found the Lord of the Rings movies entertaining your going to fall in love with Game of Thrones. Me? I was bored out of my mind and lost 12 hours of my life and about $35 in tickets.

Somehow HBO was able to film great battle scenes in Band of Brothers and The Pacific but Game of Thrones, which is supposed to be the network's flagship show and blockbuster hit, the scene looks like something out of a Xena rerun.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the only reason to watch HK this year:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Seahawks would have been interesting- open QB battle, Kellen Winslow, and you know Pete Carroll loves the cameras.

Oh well, at least there's another circus in the AFC East now, not to mention a potential 3rd one in NE

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's an awesome show, no matter who is on it. I was getting worried that there won't be one this year because of the amount of teams declining HBO's offer. Hard Knocks is one of my favorite shows and I'm very excited to see Mrs. Tannehill

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you actually found the Lord of the Rings movies entertaining your going to fall in love with Game of Thrones. Me? I was bored out of my mind and lost 12 hours of my life and about $35 in tickets.

Somehow HBO was able to film great battle scenes in Band of Brothers and The Pacific but Game of Thrones, which is supposed to be the network's flagship show and blockbuster hit, the scene looks like something out of a Xena rerun.
    Wait, you saw the first LOTR, didn't like it then paid to see the next two?

And filming gun war an medieval war are totally different things.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You hated it so much that you had to see all three? I do agree though that if I didn't like the books so much as a kid I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Just downloaded th first season of Game of thrones and fell asleep half way through the first episode. I hope it gets better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You hated it so much that you had to see all three? I do agree though that if I didn't like the books so much as a kid I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. Just downloaded th first season of Game of thrones and fell asleep half way through the first episode. I hope it gets better.
    I had an open mind and wanted to see if Peter Jackson could actually do better in Two Towers and Return of the King. Two Towers to his credit was an improvement and the best of that series but it's still an enormous waste of time and I'd never watch it again. Return of the King was so long, dull and drawn out I literally thought the movie had ended 3 or 4 times before it actually did.

HBO is responsible for probably the three greatest drama series of all-time Wire, Sopranos and Oz - Game of Rings isn't in the same league as any of those. It isn't even as good as their second tier shows like True Blood and Entourage.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spartacus >>>>>>> Game of Thrones, even without Andy Whitfield.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Starts tonight if anyone cares.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

So who IS that, and where do I see pics of her nekkid?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had an open mind and wanted to see if Peter Jackson could actually do better in Two Towers and Return of the King. Two Towers to his credit was an improvement and the best of that series but it's still an enormous waste of time and I'd never watch it again. Return of the King was so long, dull and drawn out I literally thought the movie had ended 3 or 4 times before it actually did.

HBO is responsible for probably the three greatest drama series of all-time Wire, Sopranos and Oz - Game of Rings isn't in the same league as any of those. It isn't even as good as their second tier shows like True Blood and Entourage.
    You seem to not enjoy the fantasy genre and comparing GOT to LOTR tells me you dont really know anything about GOT. GOT is about to supplant True Blood as HBO's most popular television show, so they're doing something right. Also putting the word good and Entourage in the same sentence is laughable. Sorry for the derail, excited about Hard Knocks tonight!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hard Knocks is ok sometimes but if it's not a team full of quirky characters like the Jets or Bengals it's a snoozefest. HBO hasn't had a good show since The Wire.
    That anyone would claim a show is Lord of the Rings with T&A as a way of knocking it kind of dumb considering how good each are.

The show is great, anyone who watches it loves it, reviewers love it. The claim that it could have been done better by a half way decent director is comical.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    So who IS that, and where do I see pics of her nekkid?
    flatandorange.com

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    lol

hotdogonastick.com

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

I hope to god he is wrecking that......

doubt it.