Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 321

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Finals

  1. #241
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Not the issue. It WASN'T a bad call. It was actually the correct call, Bernier should have gotten the major and been chucked. And it was an awful penalty kill and Brodeur did not look good at all during it.

    Problem is, the hit should never have happened, they should have called the Kings for boarding on the Gionta hit seconds before.

    No Bernier penalty, no 5 minute major power play, Devils on a power play, 0-0 score.

    Not sour grapes, just feeling like it never should have happened.

    Maybe the Kings win anyway, they were flying around, but Broduer was playing great up until that point.

    The Bernier hit was clearly a major penalty and the Devils shat the bed during those 5 minutes.

    Just never should have happened--changed the entire game and the Cup was basically awarded right there.


    _
    Yeah, the Kings should have been called on the minor before then. But then you're turning this into a Star Trek episode with the space-time continuum and what would or wouldn't have happened afterwards.

    The Devils were awful on the penalty kill all night so we have no idea what wouldve transpired afterward when they got another penalty.

    As to the penalty on Bernier, I thought it was a minor, that's why I say it was a bad call. The blood was the difference.

  2. #242
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,907
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, the Kings should have been called on the minor before then. But then you're turning this into a Star Trek episode with the space-time continuum and what would or wouldn't have happened afterwards.

    The Devils were awful on the penalty kill all night so we have no idea what wouldve transpired afterward when they got another penalty.

    As to the penalty on Bernier, I thought it was a minor, that's why I say it was a bad call. The blood was the difference.
    Awful PK.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, the Kings should have been called on the minor before then. But then you're turning this into a Star Trek episode with the space-time continuum and what would or wouldn't have happened afterwards.

    The Devils were awful on the penalty kill all night so we have no idea what wouldve transpired afterward when they got another penalty.

    As to the penalty on Bernier, I thought it was a minor, that's why I say it was a bad call. The blood was the difference.
    Awful on the PK all night? They shut it down for 4 mins straight on the Salvador high stick. Those ****in guys were exhausted.

  4. #244
    Excuse me but :


    Penalty Minutes

    Devils 47

    Kings 6



    Just let that simmer in your brains a bit....






    Devils got HOSED by that Major(which should've been a double-minor) and were hosed the entire game by the Refs.

    Did you all see the one ref who GOT IN THE WAY of one of the Devils players, setting a PICK and thus leading to a Kings goal?


    And people tell me that Hockey isn't fixed.....yeah, okay. It's approaching WWE levels of script-following fail.


    Enjoy your Tainted Championship, Kings fans. Hope they engrave the two Refs as well on the Cup. They were your MVP's.




    (Devils weren't even given a CHANCE to compete in this game, thanks to the Refs DELIBERATE actions of calling Penalties on the Devils but nothing on the Kings....and there were *plenty* to call on the Kings)

  5. #245

  6. #246
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Yeah, the Kings should have been called on the minor before then. But then you're turning this into a Star Trek episode with the space-time continuum and what would or wouldn't have happened afterwards.

    The Devils were awful on the penalty kill all night so we have no idea what wouldve transpired afterward when they got another penalty.

    As to the penalty on Bernier, I thought it was a minor, that's why I say it was a bad call. The blood was the difference.
    No, I'm not. The Bernier hit WAS clearly boarding and should have been a major. I don't think that was a bad call at all.

    But it never would have happended if an easy call was made on the Gionta hit.

    It's not taking a play out of context and saying, for example, if Erik Smith makes a tackle we win the game.

    The 5 minute major should never have occured--maybe the Devils don't get a penalty the rest of the game, maybe they get 5 more penalties and the Devils still lose 6-1. Maybe the Devils score on the power play had the non-boarding call on Gionta been made. Maybe not.

    But the 3 goals in a 5 minute span never would have, never should have happened.

    Spotting someone a 3 goal lead with Quick in goal sealed the game. We'll just never know.

    _

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No, I'm not. The Bernier hit WAS clearly boarding and should have been a major. I don't think that was a bad call at all.

    But it never would have happended if an easy call was made on the Gionta hit.

    It's not taking a play out of context and saying, for example, if Erik Smith makes a tackle we win the game.

    The 5 minute major should never have occured--maybe the Devils don't get a penalty the rest of the game, maybe they get 5 more penalties and the Devils still lose 6-1. Maybe the Devils score on the power play had the non-boarding call on Gionta been made. Maybe not.

    But the 3 goals in a 5 minute span never would have, never should have happened.

    Spotting someone a 3 goal lead with Quick in goal sealed the game. We'll just never know.

    _
    I wasn't watching.

    Did the Devils pull the goalie during that 5 min PK?

  8. #248
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    I wasn't watching.

    Did the Devils pull the goalie during that 5 min PK?
    The 5 minute PK didn't happen.

    _

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Reed View Post
    Is that sarcasm or are you really upset?

  10. #250
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Is that sarcasm or are you really upset?
    He's mocking you.

  11. #251
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No, I'm not. The Bernier hit WAS clearly boarding and should have been a major. I don't think that was a bad call at all.

    But it never would have happended if an easy call was made on the Gionta hit.

    It's not taking a play out of context and saying, for example, if Erik Smith makes a tackle we win the game.

    The 5 minute major should never have occured--maybe the Devils don't get a penalty the rest of the game, maybe they get 5 more penalties and the Devils still lose 6-1. Maybe the Devils score on the power play had the non-boarding call on Gionta been made. Maybe not.

    But the 3 goals in a 5 minute span never would have, never should have happened.

    Spotting someone a 3 goal lead with Quick in goal sealed the game. We'll just never know.

    _
    1. Cross Check on Broduer about 90 sec into the game
    2. Non-boarding call on Gionta as you said
    3. The hold on kovy to set up the odd man rush for the 3rd goal

    and that is just for starters. A friend of mine who is a Rangers fan said before the game that the Devils will not get a PP until the Kings are up 4-0. Did not think he would actually be right...

    Of course there is no conspiracy going on where Bettman said not to call penalities on the Kings, but as one who watched the game with a bunch of people including Ranger fans, they even said the ref'ing was very one sided. It is easy for one ref to take it upon himself to call the game for the home team, esp with what was planned for LA last night party wise...

  12. #252
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,811
    Not to troll, but for the people complaining about the officiating -- how about you don't go down 3-0 in the series in the first place?

    Truth always is and always has been: if you take care of your business officiating never even comes into question.

  13. #253
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Not to troll, but for the people complaining about the officiating -- how about you don't go down 3-0 in the series in the first place?

    Truth always is and always has been: if you take care of your business officiating never even comes into question.
    Troll.... J/K But you do not want to see one sided ref'ing in any game

  14. #254
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Awful on the PK all night? They shut it down for 4 mins straight on the Salvador high stick. Those ****in guys were exhausted.
    But they were fresh for those 5 minutes when they gave up 3 goals.

  15. #255
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    But the 3 goals in a 5 minute span never would have, never should have happened.

    Spotting someone a 3 goal lead with Quick in goal sealed the game. We'll just never know.

    _
    But the refs didn't spot the Kings 3 goals. The Devils atrocious PK did.

    Like AW noted, the Devils did kill Salvador's 4 minute double minor in the 2nd. If the Devils were up to the task in 1st period like they were in the 2nd it might have ended differently.

  16. #256
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Not to troll, but for the people complaining about the officiating -- how about you don't go down 3-0 in the series in the first place?

    Truth always is and always has been: if you take care of your business officiating never even comes into question.
    I'm not actually complaining about the officiating--I don't believe in conspiracies or the league wants team A to beat team B or it's good for the league blahblahblah. The calls were legit calls.

    The Kings were the better team, but the Devils had grabbed some momentum coming back.

    My only quarrel is in missing such a crucial call, literally seconds later something that might never have happened happened and it changed the entire outcome of the game.

    Devils STILL might have lost.

    But maybe not.

    You step off a curb one day and a bus runs you over, that'll change your day, had the bus just sped right past you whilst standing on the safety of the curb.

    _

  17. #257
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    But the refs didn't spot the Kings 3 goals. The Devils atrocious PK did.

    Like AW noted, the Devils did kill Salvador's 4 minute double minor in the 2nd. If the Devils were up to the task in 1st period like they were in the 2nd it might have ended differently.
    Again, you're missing my point. The Devils shat the bed during those 5 minutes. It was clearly the right call--the 5 minute major.

    But the 5 minutes never should have happened.

    _

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    But they were fresh for those 5 minutes when they gave up 3 goals.
    No argument here, except a questionable no call on the third goal... But even two was too many. We're talking about the best PK in the league and it was hit or miss throughout the playoffs...

  19. #259
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post




    Devils got HOSED by that Major(which should've been a double-minor) and were hosed the entire game by the Refs.
    I don't think there is a double minor call available when it's boarding. It's either a 2 or a 5.

    That was definitely a 5. That was a nasty hit fellas. There's no denying that.

    And for Devils fans to whine about reffing is hilarious. The crap that team got away with in the Rangers series was laughable but then, I can't say that, because I'd be a whiner too.

  20. #260
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,846
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Spoken like a rags fan...
    Just spoken like a non-Devils fan really.

    Does it suck that they missed that call? Sure. But as I said, I didn't hear any Devils fans offering any condolences when Gionta nailed Stepan in the face moments before scoring his goal that may very well have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Excuse me but :


    Penalty Minutes

    Devils 47

    Kings 6



    Just let that simmer in your brains a bit....

    Why? They absolutely deserved just about all those penalties. After they realized that their season was likely over, they went open season on the Kings taking more than a few cheap shots. The refs recognized how embarrassing the Devils were acting and issued a few 10 minute game misconducts as a warning.

    I mean exactly what penalty was called on the Devils that wasn't EXTREMELY obvious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I don't think there is a double minor call available when it's boarding. It's either a 2 or a 5.

    That was definitely a 5. That was a nasty hit fellas. There's no denying that.

    And for Devils fans to whine about reffing is hilarious. The crap that team got away with in the Rangers series was laughable but then, I can't say that, because I'd be a whiner too.
    According to the rules, a boarding penalty that causes injury is an automatic 5 minute major and game misconduct. What is an injury? Is bleeding and laying on the ground (understandably) for 2 minutes an injury? I would say an injury is one that actually causes a player to miss real time, but you can't exactly wait 5 minutes to see if a player is really hurt....
    Last edited by rep; 06-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us