Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Finals

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    LA won fair and square.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    will the Devils fans whining ever cease
    your 100M forward took a nap for the finals on a bed of cash

they got plenty of breaks - Giroux was suspended,
    the refs missed Prust's hit then suspended him for a game too
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 06-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    If you make a stupid and reckless play (Bernier!) then be prepared to suffer the consequences. All the more so in a game in which your margin for error is zero. There is nothing unreasonable about the fate of the Devils. Even with a 5 minute major you still have to execute. The Kings did, the Devils did not. All hail the Kings, a truly worthy Stanley Cup winner.
    Tis true, that's hockey.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The better team won. Now all you bandwagon Devil fans can go back in the closet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post

That was definitely a 5. That was a nasty hit fellas. There's no denying that.
    No denying it.

Was the hit on Gionta boarding?

Yes or no?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kings clearly deserved to win and with this incredible run they were on, no one was beating them. Officiating was frustrating in the heat of the moment, but I never have and never will blame referees for the outcome of a game.

I'm still incredibly proud of this Devils team. My hope for this season, with how last season played out, was simply a playoff birth. Never did I imagine them playing in the Finals. Deboer looks like he can finally be a Devils coach that sticks around for a while, fantastic job this season. Praying that Parise sticks around, but Henrique appears to be an up and coming star in this league. They need to keep this depth intact and be able to roll with 4 lines. So refreshing seeing a 4th line comprised of guys who can actually contribute, rather than a trio of goons who can barely even skate (I.e. Jansson, Boulton, etc.). Very excited for next season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Kings clearly deserved to win and with this incredible run they were on, no one was beating them. Officiating was frustrating in the heat of the moment, but I never have and never will blame referees for the outcome of a game.

I'm still incredibly proud of this Devils team. My hope for this season, with how last season played out, was simply a playoff birth. Never did I imagine them playing in the Finals. Deboer looks like he can finally be a Devils coach that sticks around for a while, fantastic job this season. Praying that Parise sticks around, but Henrique appears to be an up and coming star in this league. They need to keep this depth intact and be able to roll with 4 lines. So refreshing seeing a 4th line comprised of guys who can actually contribute, rather than a trio of goons who can barely even skate (I.e. Jansson, Boulton, etc.). Very excited for next season.
    Yes, looks like a good team moving forward. Also they will get younger since it looks like they will be grooming a young goaltender behind Marty next year. Hope to keep Parise, but two 3.5MM players may work too. We will have to see what it was that slowed Kovy down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxDan View Post
    The better team won. Now all you bandwagon Devil fans can go back in the closet.
    You should go back in the closet also.. Your mother hates that you are ripping all her dresses..
    Last edited by GetaLife; 06-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    He's mocking you.

I figured as much. That jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    will the Devils fans whining ever cease
    your 100M forward took a nap for the finals on a bed of cash

they got plenty of breaks - Giroux was suspended,
    the refs missed Prust's hit then suspended him for a game too

1.) Our 100M forward was playing with a friggin' herniated disc in his back.

2.) Are you SERIOUSLY bringing up Giroux's suspension(after going full-retard on Zubrus) as the reason(excuse me..."EXCUSE") for the Flyers losing to the Devils? Really??

3.) HENRIQUE!!! IT'S OVER!!!!! It's the New "Matteau!"

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    LA won fair and square with the Refs help.
    FIXED.

Sorry but when you call Penalties in such a lopsided manner(don't tell me the Kings didn't commit any. I don't buy that sh--), it's hard to say that it was fair. The Kings won Games 1, 2, and 3 fair and square. Game 6, however, not so much.

They should really engrave Bettman's name and the Refs/Linesman's names on the Cup along with the Kings players. They played a large part in this disgraceful, Tainted, Politically-driven cup victory.
    Last edited by Vin; 06-13-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I figured as much. That jerk.

1.) Our 100M forward was playing with a friggin' herniated disc in his back.

2.) Are you SERIOUSLY bringing up Giroux's suspension(after going full-retard on Zubrus) as the reason(excuse me..."EXCUSE") for the Flyers losing to the Devils? Really??

3.) HENRIQUE!!! IT'S OVER!!!!! It's the New "Matteau!"

FIXED.

Sorry but when you call Penalties in such a lopsided manner(don't tell me the Kings didn't commit any. I don't buy that sh--), it's hard to say that it was fair. The Kings won Games 1, 2, and 3 fair and square. Game 6, however, not so much.

They should really engrave Bettman's name and the Refs/Linesman's names on the Cup along with the Kings players. They played a large part in this disgraceful, Tainted, Politically-driven cup victory.
    3 Cups, no need to whine. I saw Jeane today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No denying it.

Yes or no?

_
    No

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw Kim too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    No

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    you watched??? Even my Ranger fan buddy called that before the infamous boarding...

On to next year... Marty and Henrik are playing golf together tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Saw Kim too.

How are they in person??? How many people there today??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    How are they in person??? How many people there today??
    Kim looks better in person, Jeane looks real good she is like my wife no make up necc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe 2k? Practice was like a walkthrough, cals, drills, minor scrimage and further away this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Vin don't be so butt hurt. Calling it tainted is extreme to say the least.

Thanks for making me crack up with the Henrique goal comment though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No denying it.

Yes or no?

_
    I turned the game on right as they were showing replays of Bernier's penalty and I saw maybe 2 replays of the hit on Gionta. I don't recall how he was hit. Was it a cross-check? I didn't think it was a boarding no. I think it would have been a cross-check if in fact that's how he was hit.

Bottom line is. The refs didn't call it. But you know what? They didn't call a lot of penalties against the Devils in the Rangers series and missed quite a few in this series. Deal with it. The Kings were the better team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Tainted, Politically-driven cup victory.
    LOL. Please.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    You should go back in the closet also.. Your mother hates that you are ripping all her dresses..
    Look who crawled out from under his rock.