Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) New Jersey Devils vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Finals

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    The Devils are going to win as many games as the Rangers will in these Stanley Cup Finals.
    It didnt matter who won the ECF, the winner was gonna have a slight hangover anyway and probably lose to LA. They are on an unreal run thats about to culminate in a cup.

Ive been watching the sport since 1994 and with an active understanding since like 99 and this Kings team is one of the most impressive post season teams Ive ever seen. They would have ****ing crushed the Rangers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol devils

go rangers

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Incredible run for the Kings -- this will be 4 straight series where they have won the first three games.

How did these guys finish 8th in the West?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I feel bad for some of my fellow Jets brethren/Devils fans. The others who were total *******s during the last series. Not so much.
    I get a pass, right? I'm hurtin'...

****in' sucks... Even after this ****in' debacle, the series at best should be LA 2 NJ - 1... Nope... 3-0... Cuz we can't put a ****in' puck in the net...

Queue the 'Quick' most dominant run ever crap... BS... Dude should've been scored on in droves so far in this final... Devils are ****in' retarded... He should get no credit for that...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Incredible run for the Kings -- this will be 4 straight series where they have won the first three games.

How did these guys finish 8th in the West?
    Their offense didn't exist at all. They were lucky to get 2 goals. The Carter trade helped a lot. Quick had to stand on his head. The West was also bunched up standings wise. They almost ended up with the 3 seed an they almost missed the playoffs completely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Their offense didn't exist at all. They were lucky to get 2 goals. The Carter trade helped a lot. Quick had to stand on his head. The West was also bunched up standings wise. They almost ended up with the 3 seed an they almost missed the playoffs completely.
    They were also projected as a top 3 team in the West last summer. So they had a lot of talent. It just never materialized until Sutter was hired and got the guys to really buy into his system and lit a fire under some of his under performing players. The trades obviously helped bring some additional talent into an already talent filled team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Deboer was doing his Torts impersonation after the game.

Doubt that will make Sports Center though.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 06-05-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Incredible run for Quick-- this will be 4 straight series where he won the first three games.

How did his team finish 8th in the West?
    Fixed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I get a pass, right? I'm hurtin'...

****in' sucks... Even after this ****in' debacle, the series at best should be LA 2 NJ - 1... Nope... 3-0... Cuz we can't put a ****in' puck in the net...

Queue the 'Quick' most dominant run ever crap... BS... Dude should've been scored on in droves so far in this final... Devils are ****in' retarded... He should get no credit for that...
    sour grapes dooooo taste bad, huh?

Nobody was beating the Kings this season. This is one of the most dominant runs in the Stanley Cup finals since the 1970's Montreal Canadians. The Oilers didn't even steamroll teams like these guys have, and Jonathon Quick has been a major reason for this and will win the Conn Smythe hands down.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good season, fellas.

It sucks to get our asses beat like this, but nobody expected the Devils to be in the Cup finals this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    It didnt matter who won the ECF, the winner was gonna have a slight hangover anyway and probably lose to LA. They are on an unreal run thats about to culminate in a cup.

Ive been watching the sport since 1994 and with an active understanding since like 99 and this Kings team is one of the most impressive post season teams Ive ever seen. They would have ****ing crushed the Rangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    sour grapes dooooo taste bad, huh?

Nobody was beating the Kings this season. This is one of the most dominant runs in the Stanley Cup finals since the 1970's Montreal Canadians. The Oilers didn't even steamroll teams like these guys have, and Jonathon Quick has been a major reason for this and will win the Conn Smythe hands down.
    No doubt. Give credit where credit is due - the Kings are playing some of the best hockey I have seen in a LONG time. Maybe teams like the lowly Islanders can take note of how a team is supposed to be!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Good season, fellas.

It sucks to get our asses beat like this, but nobody expected the Devils to be in the Cup finals this year.
    No doubt. It's amazing what Lou can put together.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck to the Rangers fans, the team has a good young core and if the King can give you another 10 years there is no reason why they shouldn't get him the cup. With me all good things must come to an end, but it was a hell of a run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was it over then the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor......................

[IMG]www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI[/IMG]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any of you hockey mavens think that J.Quick's play-from-the-knees style is bad for the game? Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Its as if it takes less skill and talent to stop pucks when you start in a down position. The Devs can't get pucks over him when they shoot from the circle in. As with anything that is successful, you know the imitations are on the way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Any of you hockey mavens think that J.Quick's play-from-the-knees style is bad for the game? Something about it doesn't sit right with me. Its as if it takes less skill and talent to stop pucks when you start in a down position. The Devs can't get pucks over him when they shoot from the circle in. As with anything that is successful, you know the imitations are on the way.
    The Devils could not shoot the puck into the ocean at high tide so far this series...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good season, fellas.

I'm still happy we made it, obviously... But watching all the missed opportunities negated the 'just glad to be here' mentality I started the series with...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Full version -

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good season, fellas.

This series is definitely over barring a miracle. I agree the Devils nobody expected the Devils to get to the Finals this season so they played with house money.